Insane prices for Oasis class ships in the Summer!

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I use to Cruise every yr over Labor Day, Single Father with 3 kids and was Cheaper that week even with my kids then weeks before. First time did that with my Ex was 4 named Hurricanes/Storms that week. We were rocking. First time did that with my kids we got home day before 9/11...

Yeah...the H word does worry me...Last year on same dates we had amazing weather (hot but who cares as you spend your time in the pool).  I know we're taking our chances (and that should drive the price down), but the date works for us with the week between camp and school . Guess summer in general is a balance...kids off school but chance Hurricanes. Still seems like prices are pretty high.

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Many school districts have kids going back a week or two before Labor Day. I always thought that was weird as Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer but then again, their summer vacation beings early June.

My kids always started 2 weeks before. So when I took them Vacation over Labor Day they'd already been in school 2 weeks. Now my Grand Daughters in Arizona, one started new yrr 2 days ago, the other in year round started on July 17th

30 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yeah...the H word does worry me...Last year on same dates we had amazing weather (hot but who cares as you spend your time in the pool).  I know we're taking our chances (and that should drive the price down), but the date works for us with the week between camp and school . Guess summer in general is a balance...kids off school but chance Hurricanes. Still seems like prices are pretty high.

Been Fortunate with over 30yrs Cruising have missed Ports, changed and reversed ports but never worse. Multiple rocky Cruises, nothing but that one was wild. Was record yr for named at time. Never hit the Storm but waves, Wow! For couple days while walking along swear Floor dropped 10ft. Remember lost count of passengers with broke bones, wheelchair and crutches. Labor Day, days are shorter, cooler nites. This compared first couple Cruises over July 4th that were Hot, Humid and longer days of Sun Light

4 hours ago, ABoatNerd said:

Which is why my household and friends no longer cruise. 

Until the value improves for the consumer, cruising is banished.  Will monitor the cruise industry to see if the situation improves in the future.

Our TA commented recently that her cruise bookings are down put her bookings for land tours are way up. While that is only one TA, it is interesting.

Cruising is just one travel option

Cruising is still best value vacation.  Food is still good and I have always experienced great service.  I can usually go on a 7 day cruise in a balcony cabin for just a little more than renting a lousy motel room at the Jersey shore.  And the cruise includes food, entertainment, water slides, rock climbing, flowrider, etc.  Cruises are all sailing full and many new ships in the pipeline.  We have done all-incluse 3:times (as opposed to 35 cruises).  Each time around the 3rd day my wife and I both said that we should have gone on a cruise.  But to each his own!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Many school districts have kids going back a week or two before Labor Day. I always thought that was weird as Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer but then again, their summer vacation beings early June.

Atlanta started August 1st

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Been Fortunate with over 30yrs Cruising have missed Ports, changed and reversed ports but never worse. Multiple rocky Cruises, nothing but that one was wild. Was record yr for named at time. Never hit the Storm but waves, Wow! For couple days while walking along swear Floor dropped 10ft. Remember lost count of passengers with broke bones, wheelchair and crutches. Labor Day, days are shorter, cooler nites. This compared first couple Cruises over July 4th that were Hot, Humid and longer days of Sun Light

Ouch .. doesn't sound like fun. 

I just checked spring break for my granddaughter April 11--19 on Oasis of the Seas balcony for 2650$ leaving from Miami.

Now I am making the case for a spring break cruise.🙂

The sail date is April 12.

Edited by Judyrem

12 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Our Mariner cruise next summer has KSF with this latest "sale", which surprised me.  It's the final week leading up to labor day,  but thought that week is still typically excluded.  Doesn't make a difference for us though since only our younger one gets the "free" price and its still a bit more than our booking.  We booked last December and prices really shot up since then (i.e. the KSF is against going rate).  

In Florida, August is when kids go back to school, so they usually don’t include August in KSF. Sometimes the last week of August is included. 

10 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

In Florida, August is when kids go back to school, so they usually don’t include August in KSF. Sometimes the last week of August is included. 

Makes sense then.  For us in Canada (Ontario), kids return to school the first Tues after Labor Day.

If you try the Oasis out of New Jersey, summer 2020, it is very reasonable.  The Symphony is the newest ship and all new ships are expensive.  However RC ships are so much better then NCL, which are just like Carnival.  However worse unless you are in the Haven.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you try the Oasis out of New Jersey, summer 2020, it is very reasonable.  The Symphony is the newest ship and all new ships are expensive.  However RC ships are so much better then NCL, which are just like Carnival.  However worse unless you are in the Haven.  

But Oasis will have pretty much everything Symphony has after the upgrades.  We are booked for next August.  I was very surprised at prices since cruises out of NYC area are usually more expensive!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Oasis has good prices but in my opinion the itineraries are not very exciting 

In early June 2019 I booked Oasis OV balcony, mid ship deck 8, selected my own cabin, 12/13/20 for $1774 sailing from Fort Lauderdale. I got $150 OBC so basically I’m paying $1624. This was through a TA. I don’t qualify for balcony discount so I consider this a good deal.

Pices are definitely up across the board and I’ve never booked a cruise so far in advance, but it was the only way to get the price I was willing to pay.

Harmony is closer to home but was far more expensive and considering Oasis will be fresh out of dry dock, it was hard to justify paying a premium for Harmony. 

Edited by CruisingNole
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Compared to website pricing of over $5600 it is. 

Crazy pricing.

Crazy=insane👀

I am still pushing for the spring break cruise out of Miami on Oasis.😉

If you sail "prime time" holiday periods and do not book at least 1 1/2 years in advance you will pay top dollar.  We enjoy a central park view if the prices get insane.  Comfortable cabins- with or without a small balcony.  Some people want to see water- so doesn't work for them.

Update:  We are going on an April 12 Oasis out of Miami I booked for 2460$  total for an ocean view balcony on 8.  It is not the best itinerary but it is a revamped Oasis and fits her spring break.  BTW,  Harmony out of PC was a thousand dollars more!

I think we we will do a land based trip in the summer break somewhere where we can snorkel,

i just have to figure our where.

Thanks for the heads up on a spring break trip!

Edited by Judyrem

On 8/3/2019 at 8:44 AM, ABoatNerd said:

Which is why my household and friends no longer cruise. 

Until the value improves for the consumer, cruising is banished.  Will monitor the cruise industry to see if the situation improves in the future.

Our TA commented recently that her cruise bookings are down put her bookings for land tours are way up. While that is only one TA, it is interesting.

Cruising is just one travel option

LMAO! 🙄