On 7/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, Mojogurued said:

Would like to see Crown and Anchor points earned by trying Celebrity out. It might help some of us take the leap and give it a try. Maybe a promotion once in awhile for some of us folks who are more Loyal to Royal.

I hope Celebrity does not consider combining points with C&A. As a loyal Celebrity cruiser, I disagree as point accumulation between the lines because it is not an apples to apples comparison; i.e., it takes 80 nights in an inside or oceanview cabin to get to Diamond on RCI but it would take 150 nights to reach Elite on Celebrity.  

Edited by NemoCrownie

Most of the folks jumping to Celebrity are from Royal Caribbean so why not get a head start? Some of us just want to see some new ports once in awhile and will head back to RCCL. I wouldn't mind earning some points while I'm at it.

No thanks.

Happy with the points we earned on Celebrity and the points we earned on Royal.  Each on their own.

To combine points now would stress the loyalty program even more than it is now.  If someone wants to try another cruise line they should be doing that for the experience, not to accumulate more points to take back.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:24 AM, Mojogurued said:

I get points at the Country In all the time without getting punished for trying a Radisson. That's how hotel companies keep their customers loyal. I can just as easily go to Princess since the points are different.

But you can't earn Princess Captain's Circle points for trying out Carnival.  Or Seabourn. Or Cunard.  Or Holland.  Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Just like Royal Caribbean.  Or Latitudes points for trying out Oceania or Regent. 

Azamara and Celebrity points combine (and virtually the only ones who do) only because Azamara started out as a part of Celebrity (not a partner, as part and parcel).

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mojogurued said:

Speaking of jumping to other cruise lines if you aren't going to earn C&A anyways, look at Celebrity and MSC!

Confused about the relevance of this post, can you explain?

Plus zero interest in either the Edge or Seaside, so there is that. 😎

Hello!

We are talking with our sister brand about that but nothing has been finalized yet. Keep in mind, however, that we do have reciprocal benefits between the programs today. So if you are at least Platinum with Royal you can try out Celebrity and gain access to our Select or Elite level of benefits.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

16 minutes ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello!

We are talking with our sister brand about that but nothing has been finalized yet. Keep in mind, however, that we do have reciprocal benefits between the programs today. So if you are at least Platinum with Royal you can try out Celebrity and gain access to our Select or Elite level of benefits.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

Although I might benefit from I combined program I would urge Celebrity to keep the programs as they are now. There would be an increased cost to Celebrity if you allowed matches at the Elite+ and Zenith levels and  it would also result in potential overcrowding in MC/Retreat. 

• Like 3