Hubby saw a show on New Zealand on TV on Sunday.....

2 hours ago, banzaii said:

I do think 'quad' bike is a rather unfortunate term for these things but infortunately there are plenty of cases where that's exactly what eventuated.  I'm a bit surprised the tour companies can still get insurance.

If doing  quad bike tours one should check their travel insurance as they are considered  high risk transport and lumped in with scooters therefore needing extra 'adventure' premium.

Quad biking is out 100%.  I am surprised that Princess is offering this tour.  After reading a Tripadvisor review it would be a dangerous thing to do, especially for us at our age.  The potential to fall off is there unfortunately.

The trike bike might be an alternative as you have an experienced rider taking you around while you sit at the back with a seat belt.  Expensive though at NZ$115 for 25 minutes, but this is for the trike which can hold two passengers.

But you (lyndarra) make a good point about checking our travel insurance to make sure that this is included just in case.  Thanks for the heads up.

4 hours ago, aussiebossyboots said:

Sorry.... need to wear my reading glasses, meeting place is Sailsbury Avenue, Mt Maunganuia.

Still a good option.

That's just outside the cruise wharf entrance, to the right. I remember seeing them there when we were walking into the Mt Maunganui shopping centre earlier this year.

5 hours ago, aussiebossyboots said:

Thanks for the link dillpickle48, this is a great idea and they have a short tour that will take us up to the top of Mount Maunganui so that will save the legs.  It's on the list for booking.  Cheers,

There is no mention about going to the top of Mt Maunganui on any of those trike tours. I doubt it would be possible, sorry.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's just outside the cruise wharf entrance, to the right. I remember seeing them there when we were walking into the Mt Maunganui shopping centre earlier this year.

Yes, they meet you at the wharf entrance with their bikes lined up.  We took the longer tour as they offered that at a reduced price on the day.  Remember that price was in $NZ so not as expensive as it sounds. A wonderful 90 minutes.