Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

11 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

a) it is cancelled

That *may* still go ahead, depending on where they announce she will be sailing from instead. Maybe she’ll go back to Europe earlier than expected. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

b) Jewel will sail from somewhere else

The sailings that are being taken over from Jewel by Liberty suggests she’s being deployed elsewhere for a couple of months. 

c) Liberty will be sailing to Europe instead.

Almost 100% no, they only just announced she will be returning to Galveston 

36 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

That *may* still go ahead, depending on where they announce she will be sailing from instead. Maybe she’ll go back to Europe earlier than expected. 

The sailings that are being taken over from Jewel by Liberty suggests she’s being deployed elsewhere for a couple of months. 

Almost 100% no, they only just announced she will be returning to Galveston 

Thanks @Jack McGowan. I hope she does still sail the TA even if it is from Miami or somewhere as I have the Barcelona to Amsterdam Repo booked as a b-2-b too

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Jewel from Galveston? It has been reported that Liberty is not having her dey dock and will replace Jewel there.

I am booked on the Jewel TA to Barcelona and it is unclear if 

a) it is cancelled

b) Jewel will sail from somewhere else or

c) Liberty will be sailing to Europe instead. 

Any info would be appreciated.

What Royal "Said" about all Jewel Canceled dates:   "Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time"    ...Vision is doing the 10 & 11 nite Seasonal Caribbean Cruises next 2 yrs that Serenade had before. If retiring Vision I'd love get Jewel back doing these longer Seasonal. Been doing these longer Cruises for 18+ yrs, love my Radiance Class ships...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Thanks @Jack McGowan. I hope she does still sail the TA even if it is from Miami or somewhere as I have the Barcelona to Amsterdam Repo booked as a b-2-b too

From the Ta fb roll call

Just got an email from RCC saying Jewel is not coming to the Caribbean and is being replaced by Liberty. I was booked on an 8 day cruise from the 14th of March until the 22nd. That is changed to Liberty a 7 day western Caribbean cruise which arrives back in Galveston on the 21st. When I called RCC to check on the Trans Atlantic Galveston to Barcelona it no longer is in there system. The Jewel is not coming to the Caribbean this fall at all. It appears they are going to use Liberty for the fall Caribbean cruises since she is already there. My reservations still show in the planner but they will change shortly

Thanks @OneCruuser  and @bigeck.

I know time will tell but it is very worrying as I have have flights to change from Vision TA being cancelled and I dont want to lose anymore money.

And I hope Vision isnt going to be retired as I am booked on the Oct 2021 TA!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I know time will tell but it is very worrying as I have have flights to change from Vision TA being cancelled and I dont want to lose anymore money.

Agree. Supposed be on Vision myself for 21 nites all in same Corner/Aft Cabin. 

we have Vision booked B2B January 2022.

• Like 1

As I said on fb, I just booked the Ta. Managed to get an Aft Balcony

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I’m on the Jewel TA as well with the 9n B2B. I suspect the TA will still take place from an east coast port instead of Galveston which means it will probably be shortened a couple of days. Bummer since we normally drive to Galveston eliminating airfare. 

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m on the Jewel TA as well with the 9n B2B. I suspect the TA will still take place from an east coast port instead of Galveston which means it will probably be shortened a couple of days. Bummer since we normally drive to Galveston eliminating airfare. 

Thats my thoughts as well. Cant see it going to Galveston only to pick us up. 

Wonder where its being relocated to. San Juan hopefully

7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

One of the major USA Travel Agents has the Ovation Hawaii to Sydney 28 September 2021 17 nights. 
Also the Autumn departure from Sydney to Hawaii 10 April 2022 stopping only the 3 Tahiti ports. 

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, springaussie said:

One of the major USA Travel Agents has the Ovation Hawaii to Sydney 28 September 2021 17 nights. 
Also the Autumn departure from Sydney to Hawaii 10 April 2022 stopping only the 3 Tahiti ports. 

I’m also seeing that Quantum is doing the exact same itinerary as Ovation from Sydney to Hawaii leaving one day later.  

7 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Glad to see the TP's are out now.  Just booked for 2022!

Thanks for the heads up.  I was able to book Radiance, which got cancelled on us this year, and got a great stateroom.  I looked at the Quantum and Ovation, but Radiance has 5 stops on the way over.  🍷

45 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I was able to book Radiance, which got cancelled on us this year, and got a great stateroom.  I looked at the Quantum and Ovation, but Radiance has 5 stops on the way over.  🍷

We are looking at Radiance also, just don't care for the price compared to last years, with less stops

53 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We liked radiance TP itinerary,  but preferred the prior cruise on ovation before the TP, so chose ovation for both.

3 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

We liked radiance TP itinerary,  but preferred the prior cruise on ovation before the TP, so chose ovation for both.

We like the itinerary on the Quantam before the TP so we may go with Quantam for both

3 hours ago, MCEaton said:

We are looking at Radiance also, just don't care for the price compared to last years, with less stops

Same stops, 2 in NZ and 3 in Tahiti.  

We chose Radiance because it gets into Hawaii on 1 May, and we are booked on Celebrity Eclipse departing 4 May heading to Vancouver.  🍷

44 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Radiance has appeared on Singapore's port schedule on 30/09/2020 from HK with it's next destination stated as Port Klang. That seems very odd. Anybody knows the reason for this?

Port Schedule: https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

Would they be preparing to come to Australia???

Maybe picking up supplies (c19 test kits)  and then off to pick up crew for our season??

I was in a small fishing port Eden a few days ago and was talking to the harbour master. I asked if there’s word about our cruise season.He said it’s definitely NOT going to happen .
But cruise lines are still advertising and selling.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Would they be preparing to come to Australia???

Maybe picking up supplies (c19 test kits)  and then off to pick up crew for our season??

I was in a small fishing port Eden a few days ago and was talking to the harbour master. I asked if there’s word about our cruise season.He said it’s definitely NOT going to happen .
But cruise lines are still advertising and selling.

I was also speculating about this being the repositioning for Radiance back to oz. But Australia's borders still remain closed. And the fact that Radiance is going to Malaysia, that usually doesn't happen on repositioning cruises to Oz. She would go straight to Indonesia, then Darwin. Hmm..

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

I was also speculating about this being the repositioning for Radiance back to oz. But Australia's borders still remain closed. And the fact that Radiance is going to Malaysia, that usually doesn't happen on repositioning cruises to Oz. She would go straight to Indonesia, then Darwin. Hmm..

If there’s a possibility of a season .Royal would have to have a process in place and to show the Australian authorities how they would manage testing and how they would manage  the virus.
Singapore has a world Standard in health Australian authorities will recognise.

Maybe pick up philpino crew ,go to Singapore and get some test kits ,a couple of doctors and then some more crew in different places??????

We have all lost hope of a season here but who knows.