Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

11 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Good thing its sailing out of Sydney as I read that Victoria could be locked down for two years. 

Hope you are wrong MichellePerth,  its been 2 weeks already in our 2nd lockdown and it already seems like forever without it being another 2 years.   Where did you read 2 years or is it just way too early in WA?  If you are right I better not book another cruise until 2023.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Booked Ovation 3-30-22 11 night NZ and 4-10 16 night TP Sydney-Honolulu.  Once the Honolulu-Alaska and following Alaska Cruise are published, we will have B4B on Ovation. I sure hope Royal is still in business then ! First time to Oz, NZ and first TP.

We are also booked on these cruises in 2022. Unfortunately we don't have much hope for our 2021 circumnavigation cruises on Serenade. 

14 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Hope you are wrong MichellePerth,  its been 2 weeks already in our 2nd lockdown and it already seems like forever without it being another 2 years.   Where did you read 2 years or is it just way too early in WA?  If you are right I better not book another cruise until 2023.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/victoria-lockdown-may-last-two-years-if-coronavirus-cases-continue-to-rise/news-story/f6893a7722b76eacebc1d210db9c9779

I don't know if there's a pay wall to that article, but there's a link. 

I doubt that could happen.. 

If forced to between that and a massive escalation to war or near war with China, I'd pick the later as more likely.  But I think Victoria may be cut off from the rest of oz for some time.  I've read until Christmas is near guaranteed. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lr657 said:

We are also booked on these cruises in 2022. Unfortunately we don't have much hope for our 2021 circumnavigation cruises on Serenade. 

Wow !  Are you planning all 4 of these cruises ?  That’s awesome !

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Wow !  Are you planning all 4 of these cruises ?  That’s awesome !

We'd like too, but it looks very doubtful that our 2021 circumnavigation cruises will sail.

28 minutes ago, lr657 said:

We'd like too, but it looks very doubtful that our 2021 circumnavigation cruises will sail.

That's a shame. It's a fantastic cruise. We did it this year, disembarking in Sydney on March 14. That's when everything came to a screeching halt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

No, I mean are you planning on going from Sydney, to NZ, to Honolulu and then the first Alaska cruise, too ?

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

No, I mean are you planning on going from Sydney, to NZ, to Honolulu and then the first Alaska cruise, too ?

We are considering doing those 4. Will decide when those itineraries are released. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Good thing its sailing out of Sydney as I read that Victoria could be locked down for two years. 

Honestly I have no idea where these people are picking those dates. 2 years? seriously? This ship will waste more money standing still rather than if it was operating. I doubt they will keep it for so long. More likely they will sell it or rent it. Otherwise I dont see a any reason to keep it like that 

Serenade of the Seas®5-Night Tasmania -Sydney8/9-Night South Pacific -Sydney10-Night New Zealand -Sydney 16-Night Top End-Sydney18-Night Bottom End-Perth9-Night South Pacific -Sydney

2021/2022

I do not think this has been reported.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/2021_2022_SUMMARY_GUIDE.pdf

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Honestly I have no idea where these people are picking those dates. 2 years? seriously? This ship will waste more money standing still rather than if it was operating. I doubt they will keep it for so long. More likely they will sell it or rent it. Otherwise I dont see a any reason to keep it like that 

That is what I thought and even heard it from a reporter on TV.  Victoria has the 2nd highest population in Australia and if Victorians were unable to cruise for 2 years, ships would probably not sail even 60% full.   It is certainly a crazy time with crazy things being said but I have to say that now masks are compulsory in our state, I feel safer with one on when you cannot keep a safe distance from people.  Thanks for the additions springaussie for 2021/22 in our neck of the woods.

23 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Serenade of the Seas®5-Night Tasmania -Sydney8/9-Night South Pacific -Sydney10-Night New Zealand -Sydney 16-Night Top End-Sydney18-Night Bottom End-Perth9-Night South Pacific -Sydney

2021/2022

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/2021_2022_SUMMARY_GUIDE.pdf

I think I am a bit ahead of myself it only the cruises from January 2021 to April 2021.

Nothing new for Serenade. 

Edited by springaussie

27 minutes ago, springaussie said:

2021/2022

This is for Jan-March 2021 only.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I think I am a bit ahead of myself it only the cruises from January 2021 to April 2021.

Thanks anyway. We'll continue to hope that Serenade will return to Australia for 2022 and sail the top and bottom cruises since 2021 is doubtful. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, springaussie said:

We are booked on all of those.  I think we will probably be going nowhere.  😞

15 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Voyager of the Seas is returning to Singapore from November 2021 - March 2022. What a downgrade. 😕

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/VY_2021_Asia.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2FFV2GlZsCC0El5pZHiSGGWFLGmyMCklxGPtd-YZ_lKC4jM0_xFKSHcIE

Maybe they will finish the facelift  - NOT

Park it next to monarch and sovereign LOL

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just read the TUI's Mein Schiff 2 has set sail from Hamburg with 1200 passengers onboard. Hopefully this is a good sign of things starting to get back to some sort of normal ☺

I'd be OK with a cruise to nowhere right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just read the TUI's Mein Schiff 2 has set sail from Hamburg with 1200 passengers onboard. Hopefully this is a good sign of things starting to get back to some sort of normal ☺

Let's see how this will go, however the COVID situation currently is much better in Germany / Europe compared to the US, hence the indication we saw from Princess to delay cruises until at least mid december suggests that before Q1 2021 if ituation allows it we will not see the cruise business restart again in a bit of a larger scale.

How diffiicult a restart is shows an example on Aida cruises, they will needed to cancel their first cruise scheduled begining of August because some crew members that were flown in from Asia were tested positive with COVID.

30 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Let's see how this will go, however the COVID situation currently is much better in Germany / Europe compared to the US, hence the indication we saw from Princess to delay cruises until at least mid december suggests that before Q1 2021 if ituation allows it we will not see the cruise business restart again in a bit of a larger scale.

How diffiicult a restart is shows an example on Aida cruises, they will needed to cancel their first cruise scheduled begining of August because some crew members that were flown in from Asia were tested positive with COVID.im 

I'm a member of a private online group. One of our members is aboard this ship and posted photos. 

4 per lift with tape on the floor in a grid. 

Staff and crew wear masks all the time. 

No cabins were sold without a balcony. So balcony and suites only. 

I believe this may be a 7 day drive by, no ports fjord cruise. 

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I'm a member of a private online group. One of our members is aboard this ship and posted photos. 

4 per lift with tape on the floor in a grid. 

Staff and crew wear masks all the time. 

No cabins were sold without a balcony. So balcony and suites only. 

I believe this may be a 7 day drive by, no ports fjord cruise. 

Cruises with limited capacity, this will be the way to go and likely Inside cabins will not be an option for the next 2 years or so. At least as long as the virus is around.

33 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Cruises with limited capacity, this will be the way to go and likely Inside cabins will not be an option for the next 2 years or so. At least as long as the virus is around.

It will be very interesting in how royal handles this matter, assuming you are correct. They are selling inside cabins. 

What do you base your strongly worded opinion in regards to time frame?  Surely you have sdomrthing very specific and not just a gut feel?