Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

47 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I'm a member of a private online group. One of our members is aboard this ship and posted photos. 

4 per lift with tape on the floor in a grid. 

Staff and crew wear masks all the time. 

No cabins were sold without a balcony. So balcony and suites only. 

I believe this may be a 7 day drive by, no ports fjord cruise. 

It's doing 3 night then 4 night in the meantime. No ports, Hamburg, sea days and return

Edited by bigeck

2 minutes ago, bigeck said:

It's doing 3 night then 4 night in the meantime. No ports, Hamburg, sea days and return

Quote possibly I have the cruises mixed up.  Another European mentioned a 7 day fjord cruise. 

I'm actually quite happy not cruising.  I was doing 13 or 14 per year.  Where I live, we are completely free at the moment and we live in a state where no one us allowed in with no community transmission. It's 1/3 the size of the us and is magical both on the coast and many inland areas. So I'm happy just doing stuff in our own bubble.  I'm really not following specific cruises.  I had a b4b out  of Singapore at Xmas / NY.  I'm like meh.  Don't care. I'll just take credits for the late 2021 cruises.  

So yeah, I could be wrong on which cruises are going on in Europe. 

What I absolutely do not want however is for any cruises to take place in oz before we let international tourists in.  It'll just be a sucking of resources out of our country straight back to Miami. 

39 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

It will be very interesting in how royal handles this matter, assuming you are correct. They are selling inside cabins. 

What do you base your strongly worded opinion in regards to time frame?  Surely you have sdomrthing very specific and not just a gut feel? 

It's pure assumtion given the virus will be amongst us for some time. Even if a vacination will come out, it doesn't look like the virus will disapear from one day to the other. People are speaking already now that anti bodies will remain in the body for a limited time. It's just not clear if it's  one month, a few months or longer, hence based on all of this it will depend on how long this virus will be amongst us and when things will get closer to how they were pre COVID.

5 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Quote possibly I have the cruises mixed up.  Another European mentioned a 7 day fjord cruise. 

I'm actually quite happy not cruising.  I was doing 13 or 14 per year.  Where I live, we are completely free at the moment and we live in a state where no one us allowed in with no community transmission. It's 1/3 the size of the us and is magical both on the coast and many inland areas. So I'm happy just doing stuff in our own bubble.  I'm really not following specific cruises.  I had a b4b out  of Singapore at Xmas / NY.  I'm like meh.  Don't care. I'll just take credits for the late 2021 cruises.  

So yeah, I could be wrong on which cruises are going on in Europe. 

What I absolutely do not want however is for any cruises to take place in oz before we let international tourists in.  It'll just be a sucking of resources out of our country straight back to Miami. 

I found what it was doing on hte German site that scans the seas.

Today Spain has been added to the Uk quarantine list. Now, everyone arriving from Spain must do 14 days.

I think incoming tourists is the problem for most country's  

I have Anthem Southampton to New York booked on Nov 1st but that will be cancelled.

Looks like next year for me as well. On the bright side, I've saved a few ££ with not cruising

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

Today Spain has been added to the Uk quarantine list. Now, everyone arriving from Spain must do 14 days.

I have Anthem Southampton to New York booked on Nov 1st but that will be cancelled.

Looks like next year for me as well. On the bright side, I've saved a few ££ with not cruising

You should have done Allure this spring😉

6 hours ago, bigeck said:

You may wish to consider spending that in your own country if you feel secure. Dining out, holidaying, getting work done around the house, it all helps your country's economy. 

• Like 1

You may wish to consider spending that in your own country if you feel secure. Dining out, holidaying, getting work done around the house, it all helps your country's economy. 

In Scotland, we are slowly coming out of lockdown. Bars and restaurants started to open last week. Masks to be worn in shops and public transport. I've been working through lockdown, but a lot of building supplies are low on stock.

Cruising is down the list of my priority's at the moment. 

8 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

There are economic benefits but depending on your climate, I believe holidays in other countries can be safer than holidaying at home. I’m from Ireland and we spent a week holidaying  around the country, staying in hotels. Over the course of the week I probably touched hundreds of doors in common areas of the hotels. We ate three meals a day indoors, due to weather. If we had gone to a villa in Spain or Portugal we would spend nearly all the time outside, not shared common living space (as happens in a hotel) and ate outside. 
Of course our government dodge that discussion because they want people spending money ‘at home’, while at the same time airports are open to visitors coming here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

There are economic benefits but depending on your climate, I believe holidays in other countries can be safer than holidaying at home. I’m from Ireland and we spent a week holidaying  around the country, staying in hotels. Over the course of the week I probably touched hundreds of doors in common areas of the hotels. We ate three meals a day indoors, due to weather. If we had gone to a villa in Spain or Portugal we would spend nearly all the time outside, not shared common living space (as happens in a hotel) and ate outside. 
Of course our government dodge that discussion because they want people spending money ‘at home’, while at the same time airports are open to visitors coming here. 

Probably you are right, spending vacation in a place you can spend most time including dining outside is much more effective to protect yourself from the virus and easier to keep distance.

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Explorer has now set her AIS destination as Brest, France. Presumably she is going into dry Dock when Anthem comes out

Does royal  have a dorvific place they send the ships to be stripped of valuables before they send them to that final beach where they are ripped apart for scrap? 

8 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Does royal  have a specific place they send the ships to be stripped of valuables before they send them to that final beach where they are ripped apart for scrap? 

The nearest port seems to suffice - Piraeus for Monarch, Malta for Sovereign, though both also spent some time in Naples with stuff apparently being taken off. Horizon spent a lot of time docked in Piraeus as well - and she's back there now, though no sign yet of her going to Aliaga. Empress going to Malta may or may not mean anything in terms of scrapping.

9 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Explorer has now set her AIS destination as Brest, France. Presumably she is going into dry Dock when Anthem comes out

That may have been a false start - no destination now. Under the original plans, I think Explorer was due into a Dutch dry dock, but anything is possible now. Anthem has at least one more week to go.

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That may have been a false start - no destination now. Under the original plans, I think Explorer was due into a Dutch dry dock, but anything is possible now. Anthem has at least one more week to go.

Disney Fantasy is also going from Port Canaveral to Brest now, but heard that she only goes there for crew repatriation but not drydock.

Hence I am not sure whether Explorer goes to Brest for drydock or other reasons (but drydock is still highly possible because she has to do that in this year).

6 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Disney Fantasy is also going from Port Canaveral to Brest now, but heard that she only goes there for crew repatriation but not drydock.

Hence I am not sure whether Explorer goes to Brest for drydock or other reasons (but drydock is still highly possible because she has to do that in this year).

Disney Fantasy also goes for drydock to Brest. It is not the place you would choose for crew changes.

4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Disney Fantasy also goes for drydock to Brest. It is not the place you would choose for crew changes.

Thank you. Because I read from the below Facebook fan page that there will be crew change.

Do the shipyard have two docks that can accommodate two ships simultaneously (Disney + Royal Caribbean)?

30 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Thank you. Because I read from the below Facebook fan page that there will be crew change.

Do the shipyard have two docks that can accommodate two ships simultaneously (Disney + Royal Caribbean)?

Yes, this is from their website: 

DSBr has three drydocks. The largest, at 420 x 80 metres, is one of the biggest in Europe. Additionally, there are two deepwater repair quays with ample crane capacity and several workshops, dedicated to large-scale steelworks, mechanical and machining works, LNG equipment and pipefitting.

From the Blog

"Royal Caribbean announced on Wednesday it was once again canceling most of its cruises through October 31, 2020 due to the current health crisis.

Cruise operations had been suspended through end of September, but will now be extended an additional month, except for Australia sailings.

In addition, the remainder of the 2020 Europe season and the fall Transatlantic sailings have also been cancelled. This includes the planned 2020 President's Cruise on Allure of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean also added an an additional pause to their China itineraries through September 13, 2020.

Royal Caribbean hopes this additional time will allow them to work on their new safety measures."

44 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

From the Blog

"Royal Caribbean announced on Wednesday it was once again canceling most of its cruises through October 31, 2020 due to the current health crisis.

Cruise operations had been suspended through end of September, but will now be extended an additional month, except for Australia sailings.

In addition, the remainder of the 2020 Europe season and the fall Transatlantic sailings have also been cancelled. This includes the planned 2020 President's Cruise on Allure of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean also added an an additional pause to their China itineraries through September 13, 2020.

Royal Caribbean hopes this additional time will allow them to work on their new safety measures."

LOL. Except for Australia cruises.  Those will likely be cancelled until 2021, at the earliest. 

The prime minister sways with the will of the people. The state of western Australia hasn't had community transmission for nearly 4 months. With few exceptions, we aren't even allowing residents  of WA back into the state. So with even fewer exceptions are residents of other states allowed in. A billionaire stuffed up his exemption application so bad it looked like a hoax so the police ignored it. So this billionaire is suing the state in the high Court because he believes the hard border is unconstitutional. The federal government joined in to the  suit saying they also believed it was unconstitutional. 

The people of WA absolutely cracked it and  complained.  It prompted talk if succession, which is never far away in WA 😂.  The federal government withdrew from the lawsuit. 

The people if Australia will totally freak out if a cruise ship even pulled in to refuel.  There's no way that any state government or the federal government will allow cruising this year in any state or territory.  

SMH, Royal is clueless.  Australia will likely be the last place where cruise ships will be permitted.  It makes me wonder what else they have misread. 

LOL. Except for Australia cruises.  Those will likely be cancelled until 2021, at the earliest. 

The prime minister sways with the will of the people. The state of western Australia hasn't had community transmission for nearly 4 months. With few exceptions, we aren't even allowing residents  of WA back into the state. So with even fewer exceptions are residents of other states allowed in. A billionaire stuffed up his exemption application so bad it looked like a hoax so the police ignored it. So this billionaire is suing the state in the high Court because he believes the hard border is unconstitutional. The federal government joined in to the  suit saying they also believed it was unconstitutional. 

The people of WA absolutely cracked it and  complained.  It prompted talk if succession, which is never far away in WA 😂.  The federal government withdrew from the lawsuit. 

The people if Australia will totally freak out if a cruise ship even pulled in to refuel.  There's no way that any state government or the federal government will allow cruising this year in any state or territory.  

SMH, Royal is clueless.  Australia will likely be the last place where cruise ships will be permitted.  It makes me wonder what else they have misread. 

Looking on RCCL's website they show the initial Serenade cruises starting in mid October being Sydney to Queensl and New Zealand after that without the traditional Melbourne stops.  Does anybody know if these are original itineraries of if they were tweaked?

Given the Norway situation and  the ship is still sitting in the Caribbean we will see about that.

If you’re talking about this season?
Mid October is a bit over 2 months,  That we not be happening . Most of our boarders have just closed. Melbourne is in the highest lock down with a curfew for Australia’s first time in history.

Serenade won’t be coming 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

You may have missed the fact that RCI usually only cancels sailings after final payment (do the math on Aussie final payment dates) - they are not clueless at all, just a bit greedy. Unless and until they have outsiders tell them to cancel further out, they won't on their own.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

You may have missed the fact that RCI usually only cancels sailings after final payment (do the math on Aussie final payment dates) - they are not clueless at all, just a bit greedy. Unless and until they have outsiders tell them to cancel further out, they won't on their own.

Not always. In many European countries we have 30 days final payment date and Royal canceled well before.