Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Voyager has 2 cruises removed from the website. 

12 April 2021 South Pacific 

21 April 2021 Sydney to Singapore. 

Brisbane Ports show a booking for Voyager 14 April 2021 which is not on the original South Pacific Cruise.

Brisbane still has the booking for 23 April 2021 for the repositioning. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:55 PM, holiday-shrek said:

Only because they almost give them away!

Galveston always has the lowest pricing in the fleet!

On 8/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, kruzerci said:

Exactly!

Galveston is a miserable port to sail out of in terms of traffic/terminal congestion and distance from airport. That said we have done it a couple times because prices are absurdly low on Liberty compared to Florida during the summer. 

I must disagree. Galveston is my home port & the sailings are not cheap! Maybe if you book them way-way in advance, but once they begin to sell out, they are much higher than I find them to be sailing from Florida. There are so many more sailings from Florida, they sell for a lot less. Only two RC ships sail from Galveston at a time... THAT is why they sell out fast. 

As for it being a “miserable port”.... I find it wonderfully easy.... as I sail from there often & also drive to the port... easy peasy. They are making lots of improvements to the terminal & now adding a third one, will make it even better! 

Edited by SRV FAN

5 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I must disagree. Galveston is my home port & the sailings are not cheap! Maybe if you book them way-way in advance, but once they begin to sell out, they are much higher than I find them to be sailing from Florida.  

Do a search of RCI sailings on CruisePlum and sort on the per day price (click on the top of the column)  - you'll find lots of sailings from Galveston at the top of that list (lowest cost per day).

Edited by Biker19

As for it being a “miserable port”.... I find it wonderfully easy.... as I sail from there often & also drive to the port... easy peasy.

As a Houstonian, you'd think I'd sail from Galveston all the time. I never have. I sailed from Houston once, when Houston had its own cruise port. However, even with my lack of experience, I'll acknowledge that it's a great port if you live in the area, as all you have to do is drive there and walk on the ship. But getting to Galveston from elsewhere is bound to be a pain, as it's quite a drive from IAH (and still something of a drive from HOU). Whether the port is miserable or lovely, that part's going to be a hassle. Factor in traffic and construction (which I-45 has never not had in its entire existence), and ugh! 🙂

One day, I swear, I'm going to take a cruise from Galveston. It's a bit weird that I don't, I guess. 🙂

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Voyager has 2 cruises removed from the website. 

12 April 2021 South Pacific 

21 April 2021 Sydney to Singapore. 

Brisbane Ports show a booking for Voyager 14 April 2021 which is not on the original South Pacific Cruise.

Brisbane still has the booking for 23 April 2021 for the repositioning. 

Hmmm I am booked on the April 21/21 Voyager Sydney to SIngapore.  Will be watching this. thanks for this info.  Are you saying Brisbane has a Voyager booking April 23/21 repositioning...wonder to where?   

5 minutes ago, emmy said:

Hmmm I am booked on the April 21/21 Voyager Sydney to SIngapore.  Will be watching this. thanks for this info.  Are you saying Brisbane has a Voyager booking April 23/21 repositioning...wonder to where?   

6 minutes ago, emmy said:

Yes 

Brisbane has 2 bookings under the Voyager name in April 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

I must disagree. Galveston is my home port & the sailings are not cheap! Maybe if you book them way-way in advance, but once they begin to sell out, they are much higher than I find them to be sailing from Florida. There are so many more sailings from Florida, they sell for a lot less. Only two RC ships sail from Galveston at a time... THAT is why they sell out fast. 

As for it being a “miserable port”.... I find it wonderfully easy.... as I sail from there often & also drive to the port... easy peasy. They are making lots of improvements to the terminal & now adding a third one, will make it even better! 

Easy challenge:

Name 3 dates where the same class of ships is significantly more expensive per day out of Galveston vs all of Florida!

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Now Darwin has Voyager of the Seas booking 21April 2021.

Is she off to Europe?

Starting to look that way. 

It does look that way.   

Maybe the civil unrest in Hong Kong has already prompted action.   Or perhaps they already had a plan to replace Voyager.   Maybe the Unnamed Vessel in Sydney port calendar replaces Voyager not Serenade.  

15 hours ago, Carnival4U said:

Easy challenge:

Name 3 dates where the same class of ships is significantly more expensive per day out of Galveston vs all of Florida!

It is unusual to have folks 

bragging for having to pay more for a cruise 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure LA would've appreciated her

At one time I would agree with that.  However, with Carnival and Princess putting new/newer ships in Los Angeles, neither Empress nor Majesty could compete, IMO.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, Biker19 said:

https://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

Gibraltar shows Jewel 5/21/21, Explorer 5/13/21 (and several more times), Indy 6/8/21, Anthem 6/30/21 (and a few others), Jewel 8/30/21 and 4/13/22 along with Indy and Anthem in '22.

Thank you for starting a new thread!👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If an Oasis class is coming to Galveston in 2021 guess I know where we’ll be sailing from.  Back to Galveston it will be.  We’ve been on the Liberty about 8? times so we’ve been flying to other ports.  I’d be happy to come back but the ports are same old, same old. Still it’s cheaper to drive then fly and we stay in a Houston hotel the night before as Galveston is pricey. The Oasis class is not our favorite but we do like all the options it offers.

No one will be interested.

Monterey California 2022

March 9, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
March 23, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
April 6, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
April 20, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
May 4, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Royal Class TBA

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

No one will be interested.

Monterey California 2022

March 9, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
March 23, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
April 6, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
April 20, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Royal Class TBA
May 4, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Royal Class TBA

This does mean Princess, right?  

Oh, and I am interested! 

On 7/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Seems like it will be either Allure or Harmony taking over in Galveston.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:22 PM, FloGaleRNTX said:

YEAH!!!!! I know Texans could fill either one!!

I feel as if Allure, given she will be fresh out of dry dock, will head to Galveston. With the new project for a pier at Grand Cayman, she would be able to sail the itineraries Liberty currently sails!

9 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Am I right in saying 2 Oasis Ships will be in Europe 2021. Oasis 5 and Harmony for 5 year dry dock.

Currently only Harmony is confirmed in the Med via the Palma de Mallorca port schedule. 

So I would think O5 will head elsewhere immediately after delivery. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

18 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

If an Oasis class is coming to Galveston in 2021 guess I know where we’ll be sailing from.  Back to Galveston it will be.  We’ve been on the Liberty about 8? times so we’ve been flying to other ports.  I’d be happy to come back but the ports are same old, same old. Still it’s cheaper to drive then fly and we stay in a Houston hotel the night before as Galveston is pricey. The Oasis class is not our favorite but we do like all the options it offers.

I am with you! Flying to a port just adds $$$$$$$ to the cost of a cruise. We prefer driving any day! We stay in Galveston if we can find an affordable place, but if not, we stay in Houston as well. We know the "ins & outs" of the Galveston port...so to us, it's easy, peasy. I am about to sail on the Allure (yes flying!)... my first time ever on a large ship.... I like all the options it offers...but I am not sure I will like the crowds. I have sailed on Liberty 3 times and sailing on her again in Jan.... she is not my favorite. The staff seems more rigid than on other ships... but that won't keep me off of her! LOL Happy Sailing!