Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

It still doesn't make sense. Short Caribbean cruises weren't supposed to be released until December 16th, 2019. Yet I see Symphony's 5-day sailing in December, but no 6-day sailing in August! Why?

It’s not worth the mental anguish in trying to figure out why they are doing things differently.  Celebrity just released a whole bunch of sailings a week early.  Once they start releasing them you just need to watch daily as the release schedules can change. .  

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Springaussie, bearing this in mind, do you have any idea what the unnamed vessel is that is listed in Sydney Ports for 2021/2022.

12 hours ago, eel said:

Wow, that would be a surprise!  It is supposed to be home ported in Rome.  They would have to have a one way to another port like Barcelona and then start the TA there. Thanks for letting us know!

I’m wondering if the TA will follow a Rome to the Holy Land cruise which might end somewhere other than Rome. That would be the best for me! 🤞🏻

Edited by lighthousemom

28 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I wonder if they will send Jewel back to San Juan if they decide to stop sailing from Dubai.

Seems like a real decrease in San Juan sailings - no year round ship and the 2nd ship at winter is now Empress.

If they were filling the ships with high priced fares they wouldn't decrease the capacity.Royal has figured they could make more money by moving capacity elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they were filling the ships with high priced fares they wouldn't decrease the capacity.Royal has figured they could make more money by moving capacity elsewhere.

I do agree. Always thought that San Juan would be more popular during the Winter, but just surprised given that they had Adventure then Freedom doing year round sailings from there for a while.

• Like 1

Just now, CruisingJoe09 said:

I do agree. Always thought that San Juan would be more popular during the Winter, but just surprised given that they had Adventure then Freedom doing year round sailings from there for a while.

There have been a few posts on here over the years that Royal has deeply discounted sailings last minute to locals in order to fill the ships.

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Independence & Explorer? Any ideas? Maybe Southampton for one of them?

I think that one of them will be in Southampton. Both were curiously missing from the Europe, Northeast and Caribbean deployments. 

Either would be fine although I reckon that Indy is actually more likely now that she hasn't been announced for any Florida/NJ/San Juan sailings. Maybe Explorer will head to California or to Galveston for the 4/5 nighters?

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

There have been a few posts on here over the years that Royal has deeply discounted sailings last minute to locals in order to fill the ships.

Didn't realise that - thanks for the info. Makes it even more confusing that they deployed Freedom year round there then as that is an upgrade in capacity over Adventure.

2 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I think that one of them will be in Southampton. Both were curiously missing from the Europe, Northeast and Caribbean deployments. 

Either would be fine although I reckon that Indy is actually more likely now that she hasn't been announced for any Florida/NJ/San Juan sailings. Maybe Explorer will head to California?

It does seem odd, I can’t think why they would have both been missed out. I was previously convinced Indy was going to be doing coco cay runs again but that doesn’t seem to be the case now. 

Just now, Jack McGowan said:

It does seem odd, I can’t think why they would have both been missed out. I was previously convinced Indy was going to be doing coco cay runs again but that doesn’t seem to be the case now. 

I have a feeling that the CocoCay runs were a one-off as they wanted to promote CocoCay and maximise the number of people going there. 

55 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I wonder if they will send Jewel back to San Juan if they decide to stop sailing from Dubai.

Seems like a real decrease in San Juan sailings - no year round ship and the 2nd ship at winter is now Empress.

We switched from a San Juan sailing to a Miami sailing just this year.

Once we factored flight costs - 9 nights out of Miami is saving us $1500 - $2000 above the 7 night out of San Juan........