Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

14 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I am confused about the Harmony 2021 TA from Barcelona.  It's the normal 2-week long TA but only has one port stop (Malaga, Spain) instead of the normal 3 or so.  Is the ship just sailing back to North America really slooooowly, or has anyone ever seen seen a situation in these cases where port stops are added later?  It just seems so odd.  

This has been mentioned before and there's been no additional info from the cruise line.

37 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I am confused about the Harmony 2021 TA from Barcelona.  It's the normal 2-week long TA but only has one port stop (Malaga, Spain) instead of the normal 3 or so.  Is the ship just sailing back to North America really slooooowly, or has anyone ever seen seen a situation in these cases where port stops are added later?  It just seems so odd.  

That does sound odd. We just booked the Celebrity Reflection TA for October 22, 2021 and it has 4 ports out of Rome, including an overnight in Barcelona, 2 ports in France and Tenerife.  So 5 port days. 15 nights. Better deal all around for us. It still is taking 7 days to get from Tenerife to FLL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

This has been mentioned before and there's been no additional info from the cruise line.

Thanks Bob.  As much as we want to do a TA on the Oasis Class we'll give this a skip.  We were victims of the crane incident on the Oasis 3 weeks before its' TA so we are still looking for a replacement.  🙂

40 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

That does sound odd. We just booked the Celebrity Reflection TA for October 22, 2021 and it has 4 ports out of Rome, including an overnight in Barcelona, 2 ports in France and Tenerife.  So 5 port days. 15 nights. Better deal all around for us. It still is taking 7 days to get from Tenerife to FLL. 

That sounds lovely.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Well, if your would start this cruise in Barcelona like Oasis you would have only one stop (Tenerife) on Reflection as well...

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I couldn't find anything listed yet.  Just TAs from Barcelona.  😞 Have been checking daily.  

'The cruises from the NE US are supposed to be released this week. If Adventure is doing Canada cruises - it should show up on the schedule soon.

Edited by NancyIL

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Well, if your would start this cruise in Barcelona like Oasis you would have only one stop (Tenerife) on Reflection as well...

We booked Reflection as well because we wanted a TA out of Rome.  From the looks of things, the only possible Royal TA out of Rome is Odyssey and the jury is still out where that TA will leave from. If the Odyssey TA looks irresistible the Reflection booking is fully refundable.

When we did a TA out of Barcelona on Freedom in 2017 we had a stop in Cadiz, and three stops in the Canary Islands.  That was also a 14 day cruise out of Barcelona so the starting point for Harmony is no excuse for the crappy itinerary!

• Like 1

I guess that is a good reason to start in Rome!  But my point is that even with the 2 extra stops prior to Barcelona and the extra day in Barcelona for the overnight it is still only one day longer than the Harmony TA total.  Comparing port to port the Reflection should then be an 18 night cruise.  We did the Harmony TA on her maiden TA a few years ago.  We had two ports and even floated around outside FLL for a day (we could see it in the distance) just smiling pretty for the pictures of the three sisters (Oasis, Allure and Harmony)!🥰

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

7 hours ago, NancyIL said:

'The cruises from the NE US are supposed to be released this week. If Adventure is doing Canada cruises - it should show up on the schedule soon.

It was announced let week that the Freedom was doing New England and Canada cruises out of Cape Liberty in 2021, not the Adventure.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

It was announced let week that the Freedom was doing New England and Canada cruises out of Cape Liberty in 2021, not the Adventure.

This is also why Adventure will not do a repo via Iceland and Greenland to the NE US.

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

This is also why Adventure will not do a repo via Iceland and Greenland to the NE US.

So it's already clear that Adventure will not do the TA via Iceland in fall 2021?

And which ship will be the one to offer the 10 night or longer cruises between Cape Liberty and Québec?

Because Freedom obviously does the 9 night ones from CL,and Empress the ones up to Montréal? 

16 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Thanks...just check again now...still nothing.  Hoping something will show up soon.  🙂 

9 hours ago, mets123 said:

I missed reading that. However, whatever Adventure will be doing after it leaves Europe ought to be revealed this week. 

I am interested in the itineraries Adventure will do in Northern Europe in summer 2021, but I have given up on an Iceland/Greenland Transatlantic. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...just check again now...still nothing.  Hoping something will show up soon.  🙂 

Yes and others can be requested when speaking to Crown and Anchor.  I already booked Oasis for summer 2021 and Anthem for winter 2022.

Just checked the Royal website and summer 2021 cruises from Bayonne are up!  We always cruise in late August and it looks like our choices will be 4 night cruises to Canada on Freedom of the Seas, 5 night cruises to Bermuda on Freedom of the Seas, or 7 night cruises to the Bahamas on Oasis of the Seas.  

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Yes and others can

requested when speaking to Crown and Anchor.  I already booked Oasis for summer 2021 and Anthem for winter 2022.

They were sure not helpful when I was waiting impatiently to book final leg Serenade May 2021 (Hawaii to Vancouver).  They pretty much keep toes to the line until full release.  

Edited by island lady