Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should still be getting OBC for a refundable booking on board.  You may have to find a staff member who knows about it but it is available. 

On a 7 day cruise in a Balcony you would get $75 instead of $100 so it’s really not that bad.

It is not a fixed amount.  That is Royal's marketing with the magic "Up To" clause.

I've appealed NextCruise OBC.  It went to Miami and Miami came back and said no dice, you lose.  

I've been offered $0 OBC, $19, $35, $50 up to $300 OBC for a solo star class 2+ years away and everything in between.

One near certainty is GGG.  I've never received Next OBC for booking a GGG rate.    I booked a GGG on Indy for Christmas at Next.  There was one cabin left that wasn't connecting so I had them book it just to get that cabin.  I got zero OBC.  I did get a super rate though, especially for Christmas.  

I often shop bargain fares or off peak cruises.  I rarely cruise in peak season.    Someone booking a 7 night cruise in July in a balcony without a D+ balcony discount may very well get the maximum OBC.  Same ship and itinerary the second week of December using a D+ balcony discount as well as DP340 on a refundable rate does not net the same OBC.

My TA will look at all rates and if the balcony discount isn't the best rate she will find me whatever rate is best.     NextCruise agents don't tend to be that good.  They represent the cruise line and they won't always find you the best possible rate.  While on Anthem I had my TA on the phone while I had Next price a cruise.  They were $250 more with $75 OBC.  My agent had a better rate albeit no OBC.  I told her on the phone while sitting at the Next desk in front of the Next agent "book it".  Thanked the Next agent, got up and walked away.  

I've had some positive Next experiences this year but you never know.  Like all things Royal it's inconsistent.  

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

It is not a fixed amount.  That is Royal's marketing with the magic "Up To" clause.

They must be playing with numbers with you booking solo.

True that  it is “up to”  however there are fixed amounts for each different cabin category type.  The $75 that I stated was for a balcony on a 7 day cruise. Suites are more and insides and OV are less and it also varies depending on the length of the cruise.  Every single cruise I’ve booked on board myself or that my clients have booked have followed the schedule.  I don’t have a copy of it but it is similar to the one for the non refundable deposits jus with less OBC.  @molly361 has a copy that she has posted before, hopefully she will post.  

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They must be playing with numbers with you booking solo.

True that  it is “up to”  however there are fixed amounts for each different cabin category type.  The $75 that I stated was for a balcony on a 7 day cruise. Suites are more and insides and OV are less and it also varies depending on the length of the cruise.  Every single cruise I’ve booked on board myself or that my clients have booked have followed the schedule.  I don’t have a copy of it but it is similar to the one for the non refundable deposits jus with less OBC.  @molly361 has a copy that she has posted before, hopefully she will post.  

Here's the Next Cruise info

Next cruise terms August 2017 2.pdf

• Like 1

Dubai cruises on Jewel for January-March 2021 were just cancelled, RCI offering at least $200 OBC per stateroom to use deposit on another cruise, must decide by 12/18/19 or deposit will be refunded, no OBC.

Edited by mugtech
Sp

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm pretty sure Ken and Molly are on to something here.  We booked two 12 day refundable cruises in a Junior Suite while we are on Grandeur in October.  Our invoice showed $150 of On Board Credit (OBC) for each.  We booked these as placeholders as we wanted to take cruises that went on sale yesterday.

Our truly excellent Travel Agent moved the reservations to our desired cruises while finding and reserving an elusive Aft Balcony as the cherry on the ice cream sundae.  And yes, the $150 of  OBC is still there.  As always, YMMV.

Tom

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
hit submit too quick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Dubai cruises on Jewel for January-March 2021 were just cancelled, RCI offering at least $200 OBC per stateroom to use deposit on another cruise, must decide by 12/18/19 or deposit will be refunded, no OBC.

That will probably mean a Jewel Ta somewhere.

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

That will probably mean a Jewel Ta somewhere.

They did not mention the Rome to Dubai, 11/26/20, or the December Dubai 7 and 9 day, all selling for more than $1000 pp for insides.  Perhaps the new cruise will be out of Dubai on 1/6/21, but to where? 

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

They did not mention the Rome to Dubai, 11/26/20, or the December Dubai 7 and 9 day, all selling for more than $1000 pp for insides. 

Seems like all sailings after the 11/14/20 Holy Land sailing are gone, starting with the repo to Dubai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Seems like all sailings after the 11/14/20 Holy Land sailing are gone, starting with the repo to Dubai.

Wow, guess we are really not going to do the repo to Dubai now. Hopefully sometime in the future they'll add this back as this itinerary really intrigued us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Sorry if it's been said, but what ships are coming out with the short Caribbean release?  Mariner Navigator .... anything else?  Where is Independence?  Looking specifically for summer 2021.  Thanks.

Mariner & Navigator definitely, Liberty in Winter 2021. No word yet on anywhere Independence is going, but it’s most likely going to be Short Caribbean or Europe (Southampton)

• Thanks 1

NJ short cruise EPIC fail IMHO- first 4 night itinerary out of Bayonne and they make it a 4 night to Canada - leaving on Tuesdays! SMH... why would someone take 4 days off to go on a 4 night to Nova Scotia?? - doing a 4 night to Canada instead of what NCL and Carnival are doing which is much more attractive- 4 nighters to Bermuda -at the very least they should have done it over a weekend for a quick cruise fix to Northeast people... oh well.

Re: Jewel plans.......noticed on Amsterdams port schedule, turn around dates in may, 2021...Hope its true....Booked British Isles may 28,2021 when booking opened in error. Have not been cancelled, they have my $900 deposit.....have several friends that want to join us- cmon RCI release that cruise!

52 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

NJ short cruise EPIC fail IMHO- first 4 night itinerary out of Bayonne and they make it a 4 night to Canada - leaving on Tuesdays! SMH... why would someone take 4 days off to go on a 4 night to Nova Scotia?? - doing a 4 night to Canada instead of what NCL and Carnival are doing which is much more attractive- 4 nighters to Bermuda -at the very least they should have done it over a weekend for a quick cruise fix to Northeast people... oh well.

Wait awhile and those cruises will probably get pretty cheap. I think the shorter cruises are popular because people can fit them into their schedule but going to Halifax only and leaving on Tuesday is harder to sell.

19 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Phew..I'm glad I'm not the only one! 😂

I also book airfares while onboard.  If you want to use a mileage award, seats are limited, so you have to book 330-days out (generally speaking). I recently booked airfare for an upcoming Celebrity cruise while onboard, with Air2Sea.  Got a good itinerary with an excellent price.  Sometimes reality interferes with cruising, lol!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, seasidemama said:

I agree. They should have been departing on Thursday, and had Monday departures for 5 night Bermuda cruises.

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

Wait awhile and those cruises will probably get pretty cheap. I think the shorter cruises are popular because people can fit them into their schedule but going to Halifax only and leaving on Tuesday is harder to sell.

How cheap are you thinking? The current price is $848 for a late August sailing, so what speculate?

Edited by jbethel11
Wrong pricing.

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

How cheap are you thinking? The current price is $968 for a late August sailing, so what speculate?

It said starting at $548 for May. Maybe starting at $398. One never knows.

The Tuesday start makes it less appealing. I just looked again and I think those prices are optimistic.

Edited by marci22

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Sorry $848 is for a Balcony. $578 is for interior.

Yeah I think it's high for all categories for that cruise. It's the first time they're offering it so they have to try it out. 

They previously had a 4 night Halifax that departed yesterday? that was taken out of inventory awhile ago,  I suppose for a charter. It started Dec 4 iirc. Different ship but went out of Bayonne. Maybe Anthem. I forget. I actually tried booking it at NextCruise desk when it first came out. The woman was all like, 'why do you want that cruise it is 4 nights in December!' I said, ' you're right' and walked away. Then it vanished off the website.

Edited by marci22

21 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Freedom also seems high for seven day Jan/Feb 2022 itineraries from San Juan. 

I thought it was high for Oct Canada/NE. Basic balcony (there were about 7 choices) $2800 for refundable for two people. Everything else was higher. The new balcony categories are getting every last dime out of you. 'Spa' balconies with priority embark/debark? Everything is extra. Deck 8 air is extra.

Edited by marci22
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I agree. They should have been departing on Thursday, and had Monday departures for 5 night Bermuda cruises.

We're looking at this cruise.  Looking at it the flip way, we like that it's Sat-Thurs as two days are over the weekend.  Really expensive though. As someone pointed out earlier, the taxes & fees are really high, and overall expensive for a 5 nighter.