Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We're looking at this cruise.  Looking at it the flip way, we like that it's Sat-Thurs as two days are over the weekend.  Really expensive though. As someone pointed out earlier, the taxes & fees are really high, and overall expensive for a 5 nighter.

The Bermuda 5 night out of Bayonne is always expensive. Best chances for a deal are May and September-November. June-August prices start high and get higher.

• Thanks 1

Anybody have any idea when we could see South East Asia/other exotic cruise line up announced on the opening schedule? Seems like it's taking a long time, especially the fact that we have to wait longer for the actual itineraries to be revealed. Thought that it should be out by now..

21 hours ago, bigeck said:

That will probably mean a Jewel Ta somewhere.

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Maybe the Greenland/Iceland route?  

The  Jewel's latest-bookable cruise is a 12-night Greek Isles cruise from Barcelona Oct. 15-27, 2021. If it does a Transatlantic - it will probably be from Barcelona.

As this refers to autumn 2020 Jewel is booked into late November with two holy land cruises. She will for sure not do an Iceland / Greenland transatlantic at this time of the year as she is not an ice breaker.

Maybe South America cruises come back? Or Panama Canal with West Coast?

5 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

As this refers to autumn 2020 Jewel is booked into late November with two holy land cruises. She will for sure not do an Iceland / Greenland transatlantic at this time of the year as she is not an ice breaker.

Maybe South America cruises come back? Or Panama Canal with West Coast?

Brilliance is doing an Iceland/Greenland Transatlantic from Amsterdam in September 2020. I know that island lady has been watching for a 2021 Transatlantic that will do the Iceland/Greenland route (as have many of us) , but if  there is one - it won't be on the Jewel.

11 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Brilliance is doing an Iceland/Greenland Transatlantic from Amsterdam in September 2020. I know that island lady has been watching for a 2021 Transatlantic that will do the Iceland/Greenland route (as have many of us) , but if  there is one - it won't be on the Jewel.

OK..thanks!  Maybe next week we will hear something...maybe.  😮 

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Anybody have any idea when we could see South East Asia/other exotic cruise line up announced on the opening schedule? Seems like it's taking a long time, especially the fact that we have to wait longer for the actual itineraries to be revealed. Thought that it should be out by now..

Aren't those to be announced week of Dec 9th...so next week.

Concerning Jewel of the Seas

In 2021-22 they had already booked her for Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings out of Miami. with calls at Key West, Grand Cayman and St. Maarten reserved. Those have not been changed since booking a few weeks ago. 

They have not booked those same ports yet for 2020-21 to replace the Dubai sailings. 

There are currently no Royal Caribbean bookings at Buenos Aires, Argentina and there is nothing yet to indicate a South American season. 

There is no evidence showing them leaving the ship in the MED either. Even though I would think that would be great, I can not see Royal doing that. Having done many winter sailings on larger MSC ships and a smaller NCL ship, the seas do get pretty rough at times on those sailings. 

4 hours ago, marci22 said:

The Bermuda 5 night out of Bayonne is always expensive. Best chances for a deal are May and September-November. June-August prices start high and get higher.

Yeah.  I just checked same 5 day Bermuda itinerary on Adventure for similar date in 2020 and it's about $800 more.  Not sure if like you say, it started out similar and has gone up from there.

5 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Before last yr new Sailings weren't released until March-June, we are lucky that it is earlier then past. Issue is further out they go, possible canceled/chartered or where ship goes might change

4 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Hi Nancy, This is Jan from the recent Brilliance TA.  I too keep looking for the 2021  Iceland/Greenland TA to show up.  Have seen nothing yet.  Please send me an email when it opens, in case I miss it.  janmrucker at gmail dot com.  Thanks much.

I am also watching for a Snowbird Migration 2021 cruise from Canada to Florida.  I see one now offered but it disembarks in Puerto Rico. 

Jan

Edited by jmfdr

3 hours ago, jmfdr said:

Hi Nancy, This is Jan from the recent Brilliance TA.  I too keep looking for the 2021  Iceland/Greenland TA to show up.  Have seen nothing yet.  Please send me an email when it opens, in case I miss it.  janmrucker at gmail dot com.  Thanks much.

I am also watching for a Snowbird Migration 2021 cruise from Canada to Florida.  I see one now offered but it disembarks in Puerto Rico. 

Jan

Hi, Jan. Based on what I've read so far on this thread - I am not expecting there to be  an Iceland/Greenland Transatlantic in fall 2021.  However, if I am pleasantly surprised by that itinerary appearing next week - I'll surely email you!

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

I may have missed it, but does anyone know where Brilliance is going to be from April 2021 to September 2021?  

Not confirmed yet, but the most likely is continued short 4 and 5 night sailings from Tampa. 

She has calls booked at Grand Cayman throughout that summer season. 

Edited by MADflyer

47 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

They're going to be short on time to fill Jewel for winter 2020-21.  I'm really curious about what they're going to do.  

Curious myself, hoping.. We forget until couple yrs ago dates were released little as 1yr out, or less for earliest dates. Though almost every yr one ship is redeployed at least part of schedule after dates released. Further out they schedule, more likely this keeps happening...

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Not confirmed yet, but the most likely is continued short 4 and 5 night sailings from Tampa. 

She has calls booked at Grand Cayman throughout that summer season. 

Wow...that's unusual.  Tampa usually does not have Royal ships sailing from that port in the summer.  Would be nice to think they might choose to add those on now.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...that's unusual.  Tampa usually does not have Royal ships sailing from that port in the summer.  Would be nice to think they might choose to add those on now.  🙂 

Heard this before. Done the BOS/FLL or BOS/TPA Repo almost every yr. Like idea Brilliance staying Tampa long as offered a TPA/BOS Repo

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Heard this before. Done the BOS/FLL or BOS/TPA Repo almost every yr. Like idea Brilliance staying Tampa long as offered a TPA/BOS Repo

In a perfect world...Brilliance stays in Tampa for the summer, and we get another (3rd) ship in PC.  Nice new terminal, and still just status quo with 2 ships in PC.  3 days a week with a ship from RCI there...still have four more days to choose from. 😉 

Years ago when Royal experimented with EX being here for a season of 9 night cruises...I though...Oh boy, here we go!  Loved that cruise on EX to southern Carib!  And the ship sailed full each time during that season.  But then nothing...  😞 

Edited by island lady