Grandeur of the Seas & Mobility Scooter

Planning a Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas in 2020. If anyone has sailed on Grandeur with a mobility scooter, can you advise if there were any excursions you could do in Charleston and Port Canaveral. Also, on the ship, is the Grandeur easy to navigate with the scooter? In a nutshell, how are things on the Grandeur with a scooter; the ramps at the Port of Baltimore, the showroom on the Grandeur, the pools, etc.?  Anything you can think of that might be helpful. We've been on many cruises without requiring a scooter, but have only done one cruise with RCCL in early 2000 and I was not having to use a scooter. Thanks in advance for any responses.

you will most likely NOT use the Ramp of Doom.   its bloody STEEP.   you will  be directed to board the ship at pier level( probably deck 2)  and then take the elevators straight up to wherever you want to  start your day at.  

are you going to have the ECV with you, or are you renting one to have on board?  if the later, you will be best off requesting wheelchair assistance( and you will board like I  mentioned earlier)     and you will be dropped off at one of the public areas and left to your own devices until 1 pm when the cabins Arte available( the ECV will be inside your cabin)  

you need a HA cabin unless your ECV breaks down into teeny tiny pieces.   I find that the GR  public areas are mostly doable, with one or two  areas where the ramp is a bit wonky, or the threshold is a bit higher.  

you won't be permitted to take an ECV onto the tenders so plan accordingly.  the excursions all have a description as to whether they are HA or not.  or you can do independent research and tour on your own.  

Thank you spookwife. I'll be bringing my own scooter and it fits through cabin doorways.   DH removes the armrest. It also breaks down into 5 pieces. We have a Jr. Suite so fingers crossed that it will work. Not crazy about the ramps and like you said, hope we can board on the lower level.Thanks again.

We haven't been on the Grandeur, but you will need to advise RCCL that you are bringing a mobility device.   About the shore excursions, it it too far away from your cruise for these to be posted.  When it gets closer, they have a form you can complete regarding availability of accessible tours that can accommodate a scooter. 

Here is their link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/mobility-disabilities

(note accessible shore excursions under Related Links)

PS:   I don't know what kind of a scooter you have, but you might consider an accessible stateroom if there are any available just so you don't have to break down your scooter (or remove the armrests) and also so you will have extra room to park the scooter.   It's really nice to be able to just drive a scooter into your stateroom, have room to turn it around, etc.