Cruise Critic Community
1of4

Scenic Gem: 11 day Gems of the Seine plus Normandy (hopefully live thread)

1of4:  You sell yourself short saying you “sew bags”.  Those are original works of art and something I would definitely be interested in seeing.  Since there is no way to PM on cruise critic like you can on TripAdvisor, do you have a website?

Senga

3 hours ago, Senga said:

1of4:  You sell yourself short saying you “sew bags”.  Those are original works of art and something I would definitely be interested in seeing.  Since there is no way to PM on cruise critic like you can on TripAdvisor, do you have a website?

Senga

I am blushing.  My name on TripAdvisor is 2plus2-9

I'll need an idea of where you posted on TripAdvisor so I can locate the post and send a PM.

Senga

2 hours ago, Senga said:

I'll need an idea of where you posted on TripAdvisor so I can locate the post and send a PM.

Senga

I just reviewed a bunch in Paris today so they aren’t posted yet.  Hotel D’Orsay will be one. I posted on Selfoss Geyser, Hellgrimskirkja, and the Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik, among others, in Iceland in July 2018.

Just thought I would share my first Paris project using one of the leathers I bought on the last day of the Scenic cruise.  This was a quick project for our DD who just moved into residence for her first year university.  She loves using reusable straws so I made this zipper pouch to keep them clean in her backpack.

The leather is shiny.  The other material is cork.

3529A36A-85FA-4B8B-9F43-861A26D100F5.thumb.jpeg.870b180c586e23a2e5e0b1420a4d3982.jpeg

Inside is laminated cotton so easy to wipe clean; also bought in Paris.

6020AB14-29ED-448E-BBE3-E9108E75A91A.thumb.jpeg.921848e9e1b2797d0cf55f8122325c64.jpeg

On to larger projects now school will start on Tuesday and I can get some quiet.

Edited by 1of4

Hi 1 to 4,

a dietary query if I may.

did you notice if the food offered had gluten free options, whilst I am not celiac, I do have an intolerance for gluten, I can have it but.....

without making a fuss fuss about it, did they have gf bread as a standard offering etc.

cheers mark

Mark,

Uniworld is very good to those with dietary requests.  Just let the chef know on your first  day.  

On a past cruise I tried a gf croissant.   Not quite as flakey and decadent as a regular one, but with extra butter and jam, not bad at all.

One chef, years ago, had sourced a very good gf pasta and used it for all the meals that evening, and no one ever knew  .

And just to hijack this one time, to answer your question from another post, the difference in price from September to October has to do with weather and daylight hours.  September can still be  warm, and the harvest season is very popular.

RB

3 hours ago, markperth said:

Hi 1 to 4,

a dietary query if I may.

did you notice if the food offered had gluten free options, whilst I am not celiac, I do have an intolerance for gluten, I can have it but.....

without making a fuss fuss about it, did they have gf bread as a standard offering etc.

cheers mark

Hi Mark,

I have a food issue with cream so I understand intolerances.  The boat will speak to you after you board if you disclose your issue on the preboarding documents.  If you didn’t, just tell your waiter first meal or speak to the Hotel manager and they will ensure you are looked after.  I didn’t notice gluten free bread but I wasn’t looking for it.

Enjoy your trip.  Scenic really does take care of everything for you.

Edited by 1of4

On 9/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

What a joy to read a blog of yours again! I’m thrilled for you to be able to cruise again on any kind of water. I look forward to your next adventure!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!  I was thrilled too to be back on the water and I am missing it already.  I’m trying to convince DH we need to go again before 2021!