Air2Sea

We've always flown SWA to port but that doesn't look like a possibility to EWR. Thought I'd check out air2sea. What do I need to know that I might not think to ask? Seems I've read that I can book early and not pay until final payment date??? That might be a good option just incase something happens. Can I fly in a few days early? Diamond..if that makes a difference. Will we have airline and flight time options or do they just book whatever they want?  Any guidance is appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, packedandready said:

We've always flown SWA to port but that doesn't look like a possibility to EWR. Thought I'd check out air2sea. What do I need to know that I might not think to ask? Seems I've read that I can book early and not pay until final payment date??? That might be a good option just incase something happens. Can I fly in a few days early? Diamond..if that makes a difference. Will we have airline and flight time options or do they just book whatever they want?  Any guidance is appreciated. 

SW just announced last week that they were pulling out of EWR due to declining sales.  

21 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Seems I've read that I can book early and not pay until final payment date??? That might be a good option just incase something happens. Can I fly in a few days early? Diamond..if that makes a difference. Will we have airline and flight time options or do they just book whatever they want?  Any guidance is appreciated. 

Yes you can now book refundable Air to Sea fares that do not get paid until final payment.  In my experience most times these fares are the same price..

you can can certainly fly in a few days early.

you will have lots of different options for both times and airlines 

11 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

SW just announced last week that they were pulling out of EWR due to declining sales.  

Wow, that's unfortunate.  We used to be able to go non-stop to Newark.

15 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

No kidding, They still fly to LGA but that’s a PITA if your visiting New Jersey.

I've never done that trip (LGA to Cape Liberty), but from reading the East Coast forum, it sounds like it can be a nightmare at times.  Don't know if it's completed, but they talked about construction around LGA.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes you can now book refundable Air to Sea fares that do not get paid until final payment.  In my experience most times these fares are the same price..

you can can certainly fly in a few days early.

you will have lots of different options for both times and airlines 

Have not used Air2sea as of yet, but thinking of the option for one way Orlando to Barcelona for 10/25/2020 Allure.  When I went in to do a booking, it kicked me out.  Is over a year too early to book?  Otherwise, indeed seemed an easy website use.  

Thanks in advance for the info.  

Just now, island lady said:

Have not used Air2sea as of yet, but thinking of the option for one way Orlando to Barcelona for 10/25/2020 Allure.  When I went in to do a booking, it kicked me out.  Is over a year too early to book? 

Flights usually not available to book more than 330 days out.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

How did it kick you out?

Must be the too early booking date.  Really the same as all airlines...11 months in advance is earliest, but since I noticed the option to pick later dates...I tried it.  With this result:

Start Search Flights Flight Availability Guest Preferences Flight Summary Payment

Our results did not find flights from the airlines we search that meet your requested itinerary. Please expand your date and/or time search criteria and try again.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I've never done that trip (LGA to Cape Liberty), but from reading the East Coast forum, it sounds like it can be a nightmare at times.  Don't know if it's completed, but they talked about construction around LGA.

Construction at LGA is still going on (probably at least another year), plus the traffic from point A to point B is usually a nightmare, regardless of weekend or weekday.  (there are just too many moving parts to consider).

BTW, there is also some construction at Newark (they are building a new terminal south of Terminal A), but the impact on traffic at and around the airport is minimal, in fact most folks don't even realize that there is construction at all !!!

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Must be the too early booking date.  Really the same as all airlines...11 months in advance is earliest, but since I noticed the option to pick later dates...I tried it.  With this result:

Start Search Flights Flight Availability Guest Preferences Flight Summary Payment

Our results did not find flights from the airlines we search that meet your requested itinerary. Please expand your date and/or time search criteria and try again.

OK, I thought somehow the web page died or issued an error.  It just told you there were no flights.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yeah a bit if a jaunt through the boroughs of NYC.  Had a driver through one of the recommended guys from the East coast forum and it was fairly smooth.

I found flights that were not available on Air2Ses website, but I called and the rep was able to book the flights for me. She did say flights had to meet certain criteria before they could book it (for my cruise, flights had to depart The port city after noon). So if you don’t see a flight you want, it’s worth a phone call to see if rep can book for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

OK, I thought somehow the web page died or issued an error.  It just told you there were no flights.

Message a bit vague.  Probably message that came back should be posted as being too early to book, as other airlines post when I try.  No flights out of MCO  (Orlando)...hmmmm...  😉 

Will try Air2Sea again around early December to price my late October flight.  

50 minutes ago, mslaabs said:

I found flights that were not available on Air2Ses website, but I called and the rep was able to book the flights for me. She did say flights had to meet certain criteria before they could book it (for my cruise, flights had to depart The port city after noon). So if you don’t see a flight you want, it’s worth a phone call to see if rep can book for you.

Thanks for the tip!  I was just on the website and it didn't have the flight time listed that I want.  I will give them a call and see if it is available.

1 hour ago, mslaabs said:

This is good to know -- thanks. Did you book with one of the airlines that Air2Sea was showing other flights for, or a wholly separate airline?

I just had a very good experience with Air2Sea. Back in February when I was booking my flight to Barcelona for this November's TA on Rhapsody my husband decided he wanted to go to Barcelona for a week even thought he wasn't going on the cruise. I was able to book him on the same flight as me directly through the airline and a return on the day the cruise leaves. The other day I got a notice from the airline that our flight to Madrid had a time change and we would no longer make our connection to Barcelona. I called the airline and changed the connection to the next available flight for him. Then I had to call Air2Sea and change my connecting flight. Once they verified that the connection time was too short they asked what flight I wanted. I gave them the new flight number and less than 5 minutes later I had an email conformation of the new flight. There were no charges for the changes since the airline changed the time of the first flight.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Don't know if it's completed, but they talked about construction around LGA.

No, it is not completed and will likely continue to be an absolute mess for some time to come.  I prefer LGA when visiting NYC due to it's proximity to midtown, but sometimes the added traffic time due to the construction really makes question that.

7 hours ago, zooma said:

This is good to know -- thanks. Did you book with one of the airlines that Air2Sea was showing other flights for, or a wholly separate airline?

The airlines I booked were on the Air2Sea site with other times.  I actually booked two separate airlines, American for the outbound flight and United for the return.  Air2Sea just booked it as 2 one way tickets.

• Thanks 1

In my 25+ years of cruising, I've never used Air2Sea or whatever it used to be called.

But I'm wondering if they're worth checking out for my trip to Europe next year.    Right now my dates aren't open yet, but the ones just prior to my dates are insanely high, like 3 times what I would normally pay.    

I'm assuming Air2Sea won't be much different but maybe just maybe I can stumble upon something cheaper through them.