Room Service Question

Hi All! 

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I didn't see anything on it. 

The DH and I like to enjoy breakfast in our room during sea days. It has been a while since we cruised, so I am hoping someone can help with this question. 

When you order room service, do they add a gratuity or should I bring cash to tip the steward who brings it? 

Thanks! 

If you are getting the "free" continental breakfast, you will have to tip in cash.

If you are getting the extra cost breakfast items, you will be charged $7.95 per order and will have the opportunity to add gratuity to the bill.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are getting the "free" continental breakfast, you will have to tip in cash.

If you are getting the extra cost breakfast items, you will be charged $7.95 per order and will have the opportunity to add gratuity to the bill.

According to the website, the 18% gratuity is automatically added to the $7.95 fee.

1 minute ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

According to the website, the 18% gratuity is automatically added to the $7.95 fee.

Wasn't sure about that, thanks for the update.

We were recently (May) on RCI Vision (Med/Greece 12 nights JS category) and had room service breakfast several mornings. The total charge to our SeaPass account for each of those mornings was $10.18.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

We were recently (May) on RCI Vision (Med/Greece 12 nights JS category) and had room service breakfast several mornings. The total charge to our SeaPass account for each of those mornings was $10.18.

VAT

21 hours ago, Kayla103 said:

Hi All! 

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I didn't see anything on it. 

The DH and I like to enjoy breakfast in our room during sea days. It has been a while since we cruised, so I am hoping someone can help with this question. 

When you order room service, do they add a gratuity or should I bring cash to tip the steward who brings it? 

Thanks! 

This was the breakfast menu and price from independence out of Southampton on 28-5-19.

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This was the breakfast menu and price from independence out of Southampton on 28-5-19.

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

Thank you! That is really helpful :-) 

It's been 5 years since our last cruise, so I'm a tad rusty. Haha!

11 minutes ago, Kayla103 said:

Thank you! That is really helpful 🙂

It's been 5 years since our last cruise, so I'm a tad rusty. Haha!

Your welcome.

We get the hot room service breakfast every day so we can sit on the balcony in our pygamas.

The breakfast is much better than the old hot breakfast which was free.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Your welcome.

We get the hot room service breakfast every day so we can sit on the balcony in our pygamas.

The breakfast is much better than the old hot breakfast which was free.

That is good to know! 

We like to sit on the balcony in the mornings too. I just wanted to make sure I was tipping correctly so that no one got left out. 

1 minute ago, Kayla103 said:

That is good to know! 

We like to sit on the balcony in the mornings too. I just wanted to make sure I was tipping correctly so that no one got left out. 

Room service ring our cabin about 2 minutes before delivery to tell us our breakfast is on its way.

I usually give the waiter $2 and they seem surprised but happy and our breakfast is always nice and hot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Nice of them to round up the $9.38 to $9.40 - every penny counts.

That would be because it’s $9.40+Gratuity as it’s from a UK sailing (vat is included in the price)

29 minutes ago, ocav said:

That would be because it’s $9.40+Gratuity as it’s from a UK sailing (vat is included in the price)

$9.40 was the price including Value Added Tax.

I gave $2 tip each time to the waiter who was surprised but appreciated the tip.

37 minutes ago, ocav said:

Assuming the standard 20% VAT, the price would be $9.54 ($7.95+20%). I kinda assumed the $9.40 was the $7.95+ grats and no VAT (assuming the sailing went out of the EU).