DWTS coming back Fall 2019!, Dresses and more...

BTW, the DWTS tour has been announced.  Presale started yesterday, codes can be found if you search.

They are coming to Niagara Falls, Ontario  and Windsor, Ontario, but $89.05 Can. per ticket including fees plus a $4 service charge is a bit much for me to drag DH along.

https://dwtstour.com/

17 minutes ago, KandCsailing said:

They've subbed in last minute replacement before, but I don't think any were the injured contestants choice.

The strange part for me was the video Sailor had done in the car that they were able to show that doesn't look to me to be on her Twitter or Instagram feeds.

I was thinking the same thing last night.  They should have subbed with one of the stars who didn't make the original cut.  

I suspect there was some staging going on with that video.

Hi all!

I enjoyed the show & liked Erin's look. Loved the colour of Carrie Anne's dress. I thought Len was pretty grumpy!

Yes, I wondered too if that was a fair way to replace an injured person, probably out for the season.

Oh well, it is what it is & nothing we can do about it.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Missed the first night; for some reason it didn't tape.\

Yes, Christie does look amazing for her age, but let's face it, besides being much more beautiful to start with than the average person, and a model, so has the height and slim figure, like most stars she has all the advantages that money can buy to maintain 'the look'.

The best of plastic surgery and other procedures, such as botox, laser treatments, etc., can afford the most expensive of creams, facials, etc.  She can also have almost any fitness coaches, private lessons and equipment that most of us can't afford, as well as the best make-up and styling and clothing.  Also photos that are shot and/or 'fixed', whether by air brushing or on the computer.

I feel it is a real disservice to the 'ordinary' woman to compare ourselves to 'stars' who can afford almost anything to keep their skin, face and figure.  No wonder young girls feel so bad about themselves after seeing all the photos of stars, much of which aren't how they really look.

I remember seeing Cindy Crawford on a talk show once, years ago when she was still quite young, explaining what was done to a particular photo in a magazine to make her look like that image.  This was before computer fixes, so mostly involved lighting, touch-ups and air brushing to the photo.  The differences between the unre-touched picture and the magazine picture was astounding.  

I give kudos to Cindy for trying to put an honest perspective on looks and letting us know what we see in print on tv, movies, etc., is not really how most of these people look.  Plus, in the last few years, make-up has gotten so overly done that many people don't even look human, more like mannequins.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, CruisinCrow said:

I can see why they would be unhappy.  Have they ever let an injured dancer have a substitute before?  They should be consistent and not pick and choose when to bend the rules.

Maybe because it was before the show started? Yikes, 3 days to practice? She must have been working her tail off.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, clo said:

I just have to ask what a show like that has to do with cruising?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, orchestrapal said:

Ditto!!! 🙁

Don't be so bah humbug! Maybe this thread isn't for y'all. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:18 PM, clo said:

Okay, I'll admit that I don't watch shows like that but I've seen plenty of photos.  The 'outfits' those women wear seem beyond over the top for a cruise or any other event that real people participate in.

Image result for dancing with the stars dancers

You're posting pictures of the professional dancers. The contestants sometimes wear gowns that could be worn for formal night, at least we can dream. 😁

26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You're posting pictures of the professional dancers. The contestants sometimes wear gowns that could be worn for formal night, at least we can dream. 😁

How many cruise lines still have "formal nights"?  We're going to do our first Oceania cruise in a few months.  Their 'dress code' is "country club casual" in the Grand Dining Room for dinner and the specialty restaurants.

Hi all!

Enjoyed the show Monday & thought Erin looked nice. Sometimes the fit of her dresses leaves something to be desired though.

With the voting off I though here we go again!! People with little talent remaining just because they have a bigger fan base!

I admired the compassionate treatment with the young lady who struggled with her image.

See you next week!

~ Jo ~ 😊

On 9/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, clo said:

How many cruise lines still have "formal nights"?  We're going to do our first Oceania cruise in a few months.  Their 'dress code' is "country club casual" in the Grand Dining Room for dinner and the specialty restaurants.

They are calling it "Dress Your Best" now on Royal Caribbean.

I liked Carrie Ann's dress better this week.  At first I thought Erin had on another pantsuit but then I realized it was a skirt with a high slit in the front.  Her outfit had a bit of a Disco vibe with the collar and the bell sleeves, but she looks good in white.

I just don't get the voting.  The two worst weren't even in the bottom two. :classic_sad:

5 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

L. O. L.  Well, that's even broader then "country club casual."  I guess they'd have to allow PJs, swimsuits, whatever.  I'm kinda liking the Oceania one.  You can be turned away from the GDR and specialty restaurants for too low a level of "best." But you also really aren't seeing any la-dee-dah dressing.  A man might wear a blazer to dinner.  Might but probably not.  And it probably does away with those couples where she's dressed to the nines and he's got on jeans and a tee shirt.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, clo said:

They keep changing the name, but I still wear gowns and DH wears a tux.

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

They keep changing the name, but I still wear gowns and DH wears a tux.

Oh my.  Well, you may want to avoid Oceania 🙂  Gowns?  Really?  Wow.  Even when we did the formal thing 20 years ago I didn't wear a formal gown.  Photo?

9 hours ago, clo said:

Oh my.  Well, you may want to avoid Oceania 🙂  Gowns?  Really?  Wow.  Even when we did the formal thing 20 years ago I didn't wear a formal gown.  Photo?

I saw a couple of gowns on a 3-day Bahamas cruise a couple of weeks ago.  There's a wide variety of dress.

2 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I saw a couple of gowns on a 3-day Bahamas cruise a couple of weeks ago.  There's a wide variety of dress.

You mean things like this? (And this was one of the more low key of the Googles).

IEENA FOR MAC DUGGAL Mac Duggal Long Sleeve Metallic Waist Print Gown, Main, color, NAVY GOLD

Actually people still wear gowns and suits on cruises.   High end luxury cruises still have formal optional, where aprox 60% + dress.  Seabourn, Silversea and others.  We renewed our vows last year, and I wore: (see pic).  

Folks dress how they feel comfortable, I think we needn’t be so judgey how others choose to dress on their vacation.     Women bullying other women is so wrong.  If you enjoy dressing, go for it.  No one should feel bullied because of one poster and their unfiltered opinion.   

178ECBE2-D460-4F4B-9894-C272EE79A820.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 11:59 AM, CruisinCrow said:

That is only on very short cruises.  On the others it is still called Formal.  And we, and others, do wear tuxedo or suit, and long or short dress.

4 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

That is only on very short cruises.  On the others it is still called Formal.  And we, and others, do wear tuxedo or suit, and long or short dress.

Here are some photos from RC formal nights:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.cruisebe.com/sites/default/files/images3/2royal-caribbean-formal-night.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.cruisebe.com/royal-caribbean-formal-night&h=1280&w=960&tbnid=6fdt7tRNQUkQHM&q=royal+caribbean+formal+night&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&usg=AI4_-kS3V75sXIpJTjrIoKsGHzFWunr7eg&vet=1&docid=Zq1CqRTV9PrFKM&itg=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfwJT71PHkAhUIt54KHcH4Di4Q_h0wFXoECBAQBA

3 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

You've read that, or observed it while onboard?

Oceania Luxury Cruises. Oceania is considered a premium, boutique cruise line, bordering on luxury. However, even though the ships feel luxurious, there is a "country club" casual ambiance with no formal nights and only open seating at dinner.Jun 30, 2019

Yes!  Not happy with who went home and even more unhappy with some of the "stars" that stayed. Any early favorites?

P.S.  I've been on Oceania a number of times. Maybe haven't seen a tuxedo, but certainly many suits or sport coats for men and many lovely cocktail length dresses and long flowing dresses.