DWTS coming back Fall 2019!, Dresses and more...

50 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

Yes!  Not happy with who went home and even more unhappy with some of the "stars" that stayed. Any early favorites?

P.S.  I've been on Oceania a number of times. Maybe haven't seen a tuxedo, but certainly many suits or sport coats for men and many lovely cocktail length dresses and long flowing dresses. 

Yes, on Oceania, depending on the itinerary (Caribbean more relaxed), attire goes from the bare minimum suggested, to suits/ties and dressy dresses. Some also depends on time of year (Holidays more dressy).   Unfortunately some regulars on the Oceania board like bare minimum and advertise it very vocally.   We migrated to other lines eventually as the food and clientele just went downward in our opinion.   

Pss, we like Sailor!!   

On 9/26/2019 at 11:30 PM, clo said:

Oh my.  Well, you may want to avoid Oceania 🙂  Gowns?  Really?  Wow.  Even when we did the formal thing 20 years ago I didn't wear a formal gown.  Photo?

Yes, gowns!!! Here is a gown that I wore recently. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures on my phone from that formal night. Wanted something with some color, but when I saw the seashell design I had to have it.

https://www.tadashishoji.com/anv1191lz-sand-passementerie-seashell-embroidered-tulle-v-neck-gown

Also, you chose to pick a picture of someone's formal night when there are a thousand others you could have picked who are dressed nicer.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, Cruseforme said:

Actually people still wear gowns and suits on cruises.   High end luxury cruises still have formal optional, where aprox 60% + dress.  Seabourn, Silversea and others.  We renewed our vows last year, and I wore: (see pic).  

Folks dress how they feel comfortable, I think we needn’t be so judgey how others choose to dress on their vacation.     Women bullying other women is so wrong.  If you enjoy dressing, go for it.  No one should feel bullied because of one poster and their unfiltered opinion.   

178ECBE2-D460-4F4B-9894-C272EE79A820.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful and love the color. I like to see people who dress up for formals or other special celebrations. Thanks, but she can't bully me. We dress up regardless of what others say. We look good and feel good and that's what counts.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, clo said:

MY point is that on Oceania, from I've read, you won't see anything like this.  

Why would you even bring up Oceania, especially since you haven't been on her?

16 hours ago, clo said:

Please discuss this regarding the "clientele."  Thanks.

Start a new thread or go to the Oceania boards.

DWTS - I have it taped, but haven't seen who got kicked off. Who was it?

51 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Also, you chose to pick a picture of someone's formal night when there are a thousand others you could have picked who are dressed nicer.

Actually if you scroll down just a tiny bit there are loads of pix like the first one.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

So who went home? This is the first time they had a politician isn't it? I thought it was odd they would have Spicer on there.

SPOILER ALERT........

It was Mary Wilson.  Sean Spicer wasn't even in the bottom two. :classic_sad:

Very pretty seashell dress.  I enjoy seeing people dressed up even though I don't wear gowns myself anymore.  Sometimes I'll wear a knee length cocktail dress.

Edited by CruisinCrow

2 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

ReneeFLL -  I love your seashell dress.  I think anyone should feel free to dress up on formal night if they  wish to, and not have to worry about what other people think or say.  

So you travel on ships that have "formal nights."

52 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

Yes.

And i think if people want to dress up on ANY night they should feel free to do so.  

I'm curious.  What have you observed on 'non-dress-up' nights?  I think the Oceania way of every one looking quite nice every night is a nice compromise.  Somewhere between jeans and ball gowns 🙂

43 minutes ago, clo said:

I'm curious.  What have you observed on 'non-dress-up' nights?  I think the Oceania way of every one looking quite nice every night is a nice compromise.  Somewhere between jeans and ball gowns 🙂

Non dress up nights seem to be a mixed bag.  Slacks, jeans, skirts, dresses, capris, sometimes men in sport coats, women in dressier dresses.  Shorts maybe around the ship, but I have never seen them in the MDR.  

I can't speak to what Oceania does - never sailed on them.  

I feel that if you want to get dressed up on a cruise you should feel free to do so.  In a lot of our lives we really don't get the chance very often to get all "gussied up".  So why not take advantage of the chance to get dressed up - especially  when a cruise ship encourages "dress up" on their gala or formal nights.

I think it better to be over dressed than under dressed.  You may think differently.  

Edited by Daisyloo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

think it better to be over dressed than under dressed.

There was a fashion icon, perhaps Coco Chanel, who advised before going out to look at yourself in the mirror and remove one piece of jewelry 🙂  I tend to dress in a tailored, non-frilly way.  Perhaps growing up in the South with a very proper mother who believed in the less is more way.  Just found a photo from almost 20 years ago.  A formal night on perhaps our first cruise.  A long straight'ish skirt but with plenty of movement, a tunic-type top of the same fabric.  A vintage brooch of Mother's and some vintage earrings I wouldn't be caught dead in except on a formal night.  That was it.  I still wear that skirt and top.  And the brooch on the lapel of a jacket.

co 2002.jpg

On 9/28/2019 at 5:54 PM, ReneeFLL said:

So who went home? This is the first time they had a politician isn't it? I thought it was odd they would have Spicer on there.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry was on in 2016.  Don't think he lasted too long.

I really liked Erin's pink jumpsuit this week. 

I would wear it on an elegant night for sure on Carnival, Royal, MSC or NCL (make your own night).

We like to dress up since we don't do it at home hardly ever.

Dh takes a suit and I do cocktail dresses. 

I don't have the chance to wear long gowns any other time, so I don't buy them or want to pack them when we always fly.

On our British Isles Crown Princess cruise I did dress pants and 2 fancy tops to save packing space. 

I didn't take heels with me either and wore the same shoes to dinner each night and in one port.

Edited by KandCsailing

I didn't love the jumpsuit - I'm just not fond of the one shoulder look. Other than that it looked great on her.   I did like what I saw of Carrie-Ann's dress.  

I am really surprised how good a dancer Kate Flannery is.  And she's funny!

• Like 2

Just watched my first show of the season  Monday night (we were on a cruise😀) and I can’t say I like the new voting format. And why was Sean Spicer not in the bottom 2?  

I really liked Carrie Ann’s dress, would love to have something like that. 

Sherri🙂

On 10/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, Daisyloo said:

I didn't love the jumpsuit - I'm just not fond of the one shoulder look. Other than that it looked great on her.   I did like what I saw of Carrie-Ann's dress.  

I am really surprised how good a dancer Kate Flannery is.  And she's funny!

I'm with you.  I didn't love Erin's jumpsuit either or her pulled back hair.  I wouldn't mind having Carrie Ann's dress.  Black and silver together is always nice.

Hi all!

sjb317 ~ maybe he's still on as the previous week he was campaigning for votes!!

CruisinCrow ~ I agree, silver & black go good together.

One dress I really liked was the hot pink one one of the girls wore.

Nice result this week. I wondered if they'd do that since one guy dropped out.

Anybody watching "Survivor"? There used to be a thread about that on CC. I stopped watching ages ago but am watching this season as I like Boston Rob who's an advisor. Love that Boston accent!

Have a nice weekend. A week from today I fly to Rome for my Jade cruise so am getting excited about that.

~ Jo ~ 😊

2 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Anybody watching "Survivor"? There used to be a thread about that on CC. I stopped watching ages ago but am watching this season as I like Boston Rob who's an advisor. Love that Boston accent!

We've watched the first episode.  Interesting format, having the two mentors.

Does anyone else think that Emma looked better as a blond?

On 9/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, CruisinCrow said:

......Very pretty seashell dress.  I enjoy seeing people dressed up even though I don't wear gowns myself anymore.  Sometimes I'll wear a knee length cocktail dress.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, Daisyloo said:

ReneeFLL -  I love your seashell dress.  I think anyone should feel free to dress up on formal night if they  wish to, and not have to worry about what other people think or say.  

On 9/29/2019 at 10:02 AM, shipgeeks said:

I love the seashell dress, too!  

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my dress. I did manage to find it on sale, but normally never pay that much. Everything went out the window budget wise when I saw the seashells. I have a reef tank so I love everything about the ocean.

I loved the colors of Hannah and Erin's dresses.

Erin’s dress was perfect for TV with the sparkle and yet tailored (the way she likes).  She looked fabulous in it.

Carrie Ann looked good although I would not pick that pink for me.

Spoiler Alert!

i cannot believe Sean Spicer is still on!

Lots of pretty dresses last night, some even wearable by 'ordinary' people.  I loved Carrie's dress, even the pink though it wouldn't look good on me.  Erin looked great too.  Lauren's dress was very pretty and one of the pro's had a lovely white dress.

Well, Shean Spicer and a couple of others certainly aren't good, but unfortunately Omar was possibly the worst dancer I have ever seen on the show.  Just too much to overcome, I guess, with his gangly height.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser