Embarkation Port

Which do you consider a better (more convenient) port for embarkation of British Isle Cruise:  South Hampton or Le Havre?  Seems like transportation from Charles De Gaulle airport to Le Havre is confusing and pricey. I plan on extending my trip either on front end or back end.  Thanks

If you have to fly (which obviously, you have!), Southampton is far more convienient. Whether you want to go to London or straight to the port, it is easy and relatively cheap (about £100 car service, £5-£15 on National Express coach or around £30 or less by train from London). Flying into Paris leaves you with a more tortuous journey. Its possible to use the train from Paris to Le Havre, but you have to train/cab from CDG into Paris first, then cross Paris and then train out to Le Havre. No idea what a car service would be (and can't say I've heard of anyone on the boards using one!). If you wanted to hop to Paris from Southampton (or vice versa) there are flights from Southampton airport, which is a £20 cab ride from the port area.

Simon

If it were me, I'd choose my embarkation port depending whether I want to spend my pre or post-cruise time in France or in England.

Or to get the best of both worlds, book open-jaw return flights and spend pre-cruise time in London (or elsewhere in England ) and post-cruise time in Paris (or elsewhere in France), book the cruise Southampton-to-Southampton, and jump-ship in Le Havre. (I'm presuming that Le Havre is the last port-of-call) 

To leave the ship one day early in Le Havre, you will need cruise line's permission in advance - normally given by most cruise lines but, I believe, not NCL)

JB :classic_smile: