We're not just doing this to wear a thong  (or are we?):classic_laugh:

So keep up the good work and never give up even with a gain

I know some days are easy and other days are a pain

So get on the scale this morning and talk

Then sometime during the day "smile" and take a walk

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

Thanks for getting us started again Belle 🙂 

I'm down 1.5# from July 11th when I weighed in last.  I did much better when we were at the quizzing event, ok while we were in Canada, and not well since getting back (also feeling rundown/ill).  The heat has finally broken here so I should be able to get more cardio.  We have a 5K at the end of September, so starting to train for it.

Both sides of the Falls were beautiful and we really enjoyed our time in Canada.  Lots of walking and even some swimming on the lazier days at the campground.  Quizzing was wonderful too - so proud of all the students who competed.  My kids team placed second overall, and both placed top 10 in the two individual categories - with daughter taking 1st place in one.  Found out two of the girls she's been quizzing with over the years are going to the same University she will (one will even be in the same Honors College) - nice to learn she will have a few more familiar faces.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!  Thanks (again) for the poem Belle.  The thong part made me laugh ... 

pacruise - sounds like you had a great time ... congrats to the kids for doing so well!

I am down this week 0.6# (which means I'm still up 3# from our vacation in June) ... but looking at the big picture I have lost 27.0# ... now I just need to really apply myself more!!!  I do best when I count calories and write them down - as of last month, I've only been measuring out my morning cereal.  I think if I really get motivated I can accomplish so much more ... I just need to get motivated!  Jan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, all.  I am back from my cruise.  We had such a good time.   It just goes by way too fast.   We are already looking forward to our next cruise in April and then our big family celebration cruise in July.

Thanks for the poem, Belle.  Definitely no thong here.   LOL

Jan, you are doing so well.  Like you said, look at the big picture.

pacruise, congrats on the loss and congratulations to your daughter and her team.  

I gained 4.4 lbs on my cruise.  I lost 1 lb of that already.   I was a little under goal weight when I left for the cruise, so I have 2.4 lbs to get back to my final goal weight.  

Rose

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! No thong for me either, lol! Thanks Belle, your' poems are so fun!

Jan - congrats, a loss is a loss and every little bit helps. I can't wait until I can say 20Lbs gone.

pacruise - congrats on your loss and quizzing success. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Rose - welcome back, glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm sure you'll be back to goal weight in no time. 

I am down 2lbs this week for a total of 5. Only 15 more to go in 59 days to meet my first goal. I'm a little worried about the next week though - heading to the Lake House for a week tomorrow evening.... While I will get plenty of outdoor activities in, walking, swimming, kayaking... there is always lots of good fun and beverages with the neighbours and friends to be had. I'm hoping I can keep myself in check and not gain back what I've managed to lose so far.  

• Like 1

Thanks @Belle and great job @pacruise804 , @robincruise72 and @Jan_In_Maine! @nyer welcome home! I am down 1.2# for the week and 4.6# in 2 months. Actually surprised I was down. 

Thur  1124 cal eaten / 277 gym = 153 deficit

Fri  618 cal eaten / 0 gym = 382 deficit(was not feeling great)

Sat  3113 cal eaten (I drank alcohol) / 0 gym = -2113 

Sun  1070 cal eaten / 299 gym = 229 deficit

Mon  1200 cal eaten / 519 gym = 319 deficit

Tue  1763 cal eaten / 0 gym = -763

Wed  1970 cal eaten / 0 gym -970

Weekly total 10858 eaten 1095 burned = -2763 yikes goal is to be at a deficit! Alcohol will get ya. 

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Good Morning!!!  Thanks (again) for the poem Belle.  The thong part made me laugh ... 

pacruise - sounds like you had a great time ... congrats to the kids for doing so well!

I am down this week 0.6# (which means I'm still up 3# from our vacation in June) ... but looking at the big picture I have lost 27.0# ... now I just need to really apply myself more!!!  I do best when I count calories and write them down - as of last month, I've only been measuring out my morning cereal.  I think if I really get motivated I can accomplish so much more ... I just need to get motivated!  Jan

I need to get back to tracking.  I'm still pretty good at measuring - which helps some - but eating 5 measured servings when calorie allotment should only be 3 servings will still cause a gain.

• Like 2

Good Morning,

Belle, great thoughts/poem. 

I lost 1 of the 2 lbs. I gained last week. Progress. Would like to lose a couple more as we leave Aug. 12th for Alaska. 2 week cruise so guessing I will only gain a couple lbs. 

Pacruise, good loss and congrats to your daughter. Job well done.

Jan, good loss, going in the right direction. Good to focus on your total because it's great. 

Rose, welcome back. Not a horrible gain and you've done so well with the weight loss. 

Diana

• Like 2

No thong for me either! I lost 3 lbs. this week. Good to finally see a loss. Congrats to all the losers!

Diana are you going to have an internet package on the cruise? I'd love to hear how you like everything. We get on the day you get off. 

Robin and Jenny, you two must have been typing when I posted. Didn't see your posts until now. 

Congrats on losses for both of you. 

Ineedamaitai,congrats on the loss.

Cruises42, good loss for you too. We won't have internet, sorry. 

Have a nice evening everyone. Diana

• Like 1

Hello Everyone! Pretty good week so far. Sorry no loss here but no gain either.

I stayed the same.

Pacruise..Nice to have a loss after being away. Congrats to the kids and yours taking a 1st place.

Jan..You had a loss.. good. You'll lose it soon. You've done well.

Rose...Glad you had a good time on your cruise. So nice you were under goal so only a little cruise gain to lose.

Robin... a good loss. Have fun at the Lake House. Just make all the fun exercise will out any gains.

Jenny...Nice loss. You do such a good job keeping track.

Mai...Nice loss. Maybe soon you'll get the thong.

Diana..A good loss before cruise. Your cruise is soon. 11 Days!

Cruise42...A great loss! Bet you'll lose more before you cruise.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

Good Afternoon all!  How are you doing?

Do you have plans for the weekend?  Hope you have a relaxing weekend if

that's what you want. Or busy weekend if that is what you want instead.

Whatever ENJOY!

Belle, my weekend will be half and half.  I am planning a quiet Saturday and then we have a wedding to go to on Sunday.  We went to a surprise birthday party for my close friend since we've been back too.  I'm thinking no loss this week, but I'm still trying.

Diana, a two week cruise to Alaska sounds fabulous.  I hope that you have a wonderful time.

Rose

Hello, all,

I missed posting Thursday, but I did face the music and weigh in.  So my August journey begins at - ugh - 210.5 pounds.  Mid-week I'm up from that based on a couple of really bad nights, but I'm back to plan today and I will be down by Thursday!

Belle, you cracked me up (no pun intended!) with the thong reference!  I've got a quiet weekend planned, housework, meal planning, gym.  And some catching up for work - with all the meetings I have during the workdays, I need a few extra hours in the week to catch up and pull it all together, or I get behind.  And maybe give the dog a bath (a workout in itself).

Sounds like most had a good week - congratulations!

JennyB1977, I'll send you a friend request on MFP.  I'm andreab861, if anyone who tracks there wants to share.  My daily goal is 1,500 calories and macros at 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carb (ish). That mix seems to work for me, keeps me satisfied and with enough energy to work out a little.  I don't factor in the exercise or track the calorie deficit but I have a separate goal on Fitbit of 7 miles per day, 3,000 calories burned and 60 active minutes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Andrea

• Like 1

Hello,

Andrea, the important thing is to get back on track. We all have our bad times.

😭This is me, terrified. We tomorrow we have a family restaurant lunch to celebrate my mom's birthday. Tuesday hubby and I are going to a friend's for dinner. There will be drinks, steak and wine on the menu, uh oh.

Thinking this week the best I can hope is to not gain. We'll see on Thursday.......

Have a good day, Diana

Good luck with those outings, Diana.  I find it easier to deal with restaurants than eating at someone's house.  The restaurant doesn't get its feelings hurt if you don't eat everything, LOL.  But I bet if you plan around those days and just do the best you can on those outings (and enjoy them!) you might still come out with a loss.  Pulling for you!

Andrea

Good Afternoon One and All.  Hey where are shootr and all the other men? Did we scare them away?

Hope everyone is enjoy their weekend. Getting ready for or planning cruises. That's better then

cleaning or whatever. (like washing your thongs):classic_laugh:

How's your eating going? Eating healthy? Or just eating less of whatever your eating. It's looks like

I'm doing both this weekend.

Yes Diana shootr and Jo missed last week and this week. Hope everything is alright and they

come back in soon.   Ombud is on a cruise.

Also missing are Jasonmom, MaiTia,Tx Girl.BumBum and Tmc. We miss you all. Come back.

Remember don't stay away if gaining, we don't care and maybe that's when you need to come in

and it will help you to get back on track.

If your on a cruise or a land vacation hope your having fun but come back right after.

Happy Monday!  It's much cooler here this morning 🙂 I hope that leads to a more productive day since this is a very busy week.  I will be traveling some, so I might not be on as much.  Striving for healthy food choices and improving cardio and core strength.

HI all!

Nice to be  missed but I'm not on a cruise unfortunately, just lazy!!

Belle ~ you're right this summer does seem to be flying by!! There would never be a thong for me either!

They look so uncomfortable!

Jan ~ I know where your 0.6 lbs went, they found their way to me!!😢

pacruise804 ~ glad you enjoyed your time in Canada &  your team did well.

Diana ~ just a week 'til your Alaska cruise. Have a great time seeing the beauty of that State.

Have a great week folks. I have a busy week ahead so will probably be signing in late. I'm away all day Thursday on a bus trip to see a play & do a little boat cruise.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Afternoon All.

Jo..Glad your fine. I know that lazy feeling. Was going to do so many things in the house

but haven't just planning cruises!🚢:classic_smile: Have fun on your Thursday trip.

Pac...Hope your week isn't to busy unless it's fun stuff. Come in when you can at least

we won't worry if we don't hear from you.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I know we keep this for weight loss and try to

keep post light but I have to say..... Prayers and  hugs to families of all the shooting victims

of this past week. It's so sad.

Have a great time on your trip, Jo!

My busyness isn't necessarily fun, but it is all good.  We had the school sports meeting last night (which for me means back to school starts to get real).  Son will be playing Varsity soccer this year and even has a few Saturday games so he will be swamped from now through mid-October.  I'm going to my Dad's tomorrow to work with him and my sister to sort through more bags and boxes, plus visit my dear friend.  Mixed in that is day to day household stuff plus getting both kids ready for school.

I probably won't weigh in on Thursday since I won't be home until Friday afternoon, and I don't know how accurate my Dad's scales are compared to mine.