Cabo Port Question

debnrick

Are there things to see and buy within walking distance while docked at the tender port in Cabo San Lucas?  We are doing a 2-hour whale watching tour and was hoping to do some browsing after being dropped back off at the ship prior to departure. Thanks for the help. Happy cruising.

Does the El Cactus Glass Factory (Blvd. Lazaro Cardenas, Local #15 Plaza Aramburo; Col. Centro.,) have Glass Blowing demos or is it just a shop? It looks like we could walk here.

I understand The Glass Factory (Boulevard Lazaro Cardenas Posada Local 6-A) has demos but it is too far to walk. 

10 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Does the El Cactus Glass Factory (Blvd. Lazaro Cardenas, Local #15 Plaza Aramburo; Col. Centro.,) have Glass Blowing demos or is it just a shop? It looks like we could walk here.

I understand The Glass Factory (Boulevard Lazaro Cardenas Posada Local 6-A) has demos but it is too far to walk. 

I think it is just a shop. But it isn't that far of a walk. Maybe 15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:53 AM, Rosefloater said:

I think it is just a shop. But it isn't that far of a walk. Maybe 15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

Thanks. That's what I thought. El Cactus Glass Factory is just a shop. Maybe we will take a taxi out to The Glass Factory instead so we can see them make something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, wheezedr said:

There are lots of shops, restaurants near where the tenders dock.  Basically it is the southern tip of Los Angeles.😁

This made me laugh!! I know LA is huge, I just didn't realize just HOW huge! 

• Like 1

When you get off the tender, the entire Marina is chock full of tourist shops, farmacias, bars, restaurants.  Plenty of shopping -- vanilla, tequila, Mexican blankets, sombreros, t-shirts, etc., etc.!  If you go far enough, even a Hagen-Daas ice-cream store (in the Puerto Pariaso Mall).

US dollars accepted, English spoken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, oregonian123 said:

Use Uber it's a lot cheaper then the taxi

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 7:11 AM, KroozNut said:

Tempting.., but personally, I'm just not quite ready to trust Uber in Mexico yet.

You actually have it the wrong way around, you shouldn't trust the cabs down here, we use Uber all the time with zero problems, cabs.....Don't get me started.

2 hours ago, jetwet1 said:

You actually have it the wrong way around, you shouldn't trust the cabs down here, we use Uber all the time with zero problems, cabs.....Don't get me started.

Not trying to get you started, but this is strictly a matter of opinion, right? Having spent the past 50-55 years (or so) visiting all parts of Mexico, we have never had a bad experience with the cabs/cabbies there.

That being said, our comfort zone for getting around in Mexican cities is with the cabs, and we are just not quite ready to jump onto the Uber platform there yet.

Your mileage (and opinion) clearly varies..😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

Not trying to get you started, but this is strictly a matter of opinion, right? Having spent the past 50-55 years (or so) visiting all parts of Mexico, we have never had a bad experience with the cabs/cabbies there.

That being said, our comfort zone for getting around in Mexican cities is with the cabs, and we are just not quite ready to jump onto the Uber platform there yet.

Your mileage (and opinion) clearly varies..😉

Yes it is my opinion, based on, as with you a few decades of travelling to Mexico. Most of the problems I have had were being quoted a fare, then it changing to a higher fare when reaching the destination.

Uber it's not possible to have that issue.

Of course, do what you feel comfortable doing.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

When you get off the tender, the entire Marina is chock full of tourist shops, farmacias, bars, restaurants.  Plenty of shopping -- vanilla, tequila, Mexican blankets, sombreros, t-shirts, etc., etc.!  If you go far enough, even a Hagen-Daas ice-cream store (in the Puerto Pariaso Mall).

US dollars accepted, English spoken.

If you go to Mazatlan as well, it is a much better place to get real Mexican Vanilla. Cabo will have a lot of tourist vanilla. Mazatlan will have Orlando Vanilla (the good stuff). I bought a 1000ml (33 oz) bottle last summer in Mazatlan for under $20 (think it was $17 if memory serves).

Edited by SDPadreFan

Taxi's in Cabo are completely different from most other places in Mexico. There is a taxi cartel in Cabo and they control (or try to) just about everything in Cabo. Uber has a toehold in Cabo and the taxi cartel is not happy at all. We've used Uber in Cabo and had a pleasant experience. Tip - DO NOT try to get an Uber near a Taxi Stand - that is just asking for trouble. Walk an extra block or so to be safe. Last October, our typical $17 cab ride from town to our timeshare was just $5 with Uber.

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

I just now did that...Princess.com...clicked on get the app in PlayStore...clicked on install and got "This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps.". So, now what? Is there a step that I missed?

You need to create an email account thru gmail.com and associate that with your phone in order to use Google Play and download the apps.  Really, it is just an additional email account that you can use for whatever you want but Google requires you to have it.

29 minutes ago, turquoisewater said:

You need to create an email account thru gmail.com and associate that with your phone in order to use Google Play and download the apps.  Really, it is just an additional email account that you can use for whatever you want but Google requires you to have it.

That's the problem. I have a gmail account (actually 2).