Cunard 2021 Itineraries revealed

SummmerInKefalonia

See topic about the new ship on this link

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2611002-cunard-latest-new-build/?tab=comments#comment-56597775

It's still showing as Queen Anne on the Cruise Ships on Order pdf, page 14,

but of course that could be a cover for its real name.

http://www.amem.at/pdf/AMEM_Cruise-Ships-on-Order.pdf

28 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Yes, I just refreshed the June page and the QM2 is showing now with prices.

And they have now wisely removed the "Book now" feature from the new 2021 voyages in favor of this more helpful notice instead.

"General sale from 25th September 2019."

There are still some issues with the lists of new 2021 voyages that are being displayed on the Cunard websites. Both the UK and US websites now have "Discover our new 2021 voyages" splashed on their home screens. But at the moment, when I ask to discover the new 2021 voyages, I get 134 results on the US website but only 87 results on the UK website. There are a few voyages on the UK site that can't be found on the US site, but naturally most of the discrepancies are voyages on the US site that can't be found yet on the UK site. Hopefully that will get straightened out soon, at least before they go on sale next week.

53 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

I figure the new ship's name will be officially announced a few weeks prior to the 2022 itineraries release (which would suggest late July/early August as has been mentioned).

At our cocktail party last night on QE Captain Love said that the name of the new ship would be announced between December 1st and January 31st.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I hope in 2022 with the addition of Queen Anne things to look better for Med cruises. Currently Cunard is way behind the other companies in the Med.

My wife is currently having her head turned by Celebrity and wants to see how their Med 2021 from Southampton price up. We have one of the £50 advance deposit jobs to book by August 2020 but may just use it on a short cruise and foresake the extra onboard spends.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

... when I ask to discover the new 2021 voyages, I get 134 results on the US website but only 87 results on the UK website.

It's looking better now. 134 results for new 2021 voyages on the Cunard US website and 131 results on the Cunard UK website when you ask to "Discover our new 2021 voyages". Here are the differences at the moment in case anyone is interested in the details.

These four November 2021 Caribbean voyages can be found on the US site but not on the UK site

Transatlantic Crossing And Eastern Caribbean, 21 Nights (M139B), Hamburg-New York, 12 Nov-3 Dec

Grand Eastern Caribbean, 28 Nights (M139C), Hamburg-Southampton, 12 Nov-10 Dec

Transatlantic Crossing And Eastern Caribbean, 19 Nights (M139E), Southampton-New York, 14 Nov-3 Dec

Eastern Caribbean And Transatlantic Crossing, 19 Nights (M140A), New York-Southampton, 21 Nov-10 Dec

This voyage can be found on both sites but can only be found in the US when searching by voyage number

The Fjords, 9 Nights (V115A), Southampton-Hamburg, 20 Jun-29 Jun

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I've just noticed that they've squeezed in an eight day westbound crossing, namely 24th July-1st August. But at least the dates begin and end on weekends.

I think that's because the July 24-Aug 1 crossing in 2021 has a stop in Le Havre. The itinerary is Southampton on July 24, Le Havre on July 25, then 7 days from Le Havre to New York on Aug 1. That's similar to the Sept 26-Oct 4 crossing this year and the June 21-29 crossing in 2020.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of UK websites (and the 2021 crossing that includes Le Havre), here's an intriguing itinerary map found on one of the big UK cruise booking websites for the "Roundtrip Transatlantic from Southampton, 24 July 2021 (15 nights)" where the itinerary is Southampton-Le Havre-New York-Southampton.

image.png.aaee0a9ff5884aeeef4dc06a7b7fedad.png

Lots of cruising the English Channel and North Sea to stretch this one out to 15 days. After checking google maps it looks like they have New York positioned near Boston, Lincolnshire. At first I thought they might have had New York confused with York.

• Haha 3