Royal Caribbean’s 50th Birthday Cruise on Symphony Of The Seas

tamlec

I got an email from Royal about the Birthday Cruise. There are 8 available GS, a couple of OS, Aqua, and 10 CLS. It looks like the Suites from last year and future ones got the info about Suite Perks on this type of cruises. The Suite Guests I personally know from last years cruise are avoiding this one like the plague. 

3 minutes ago, alexkrn46 said:

Ok, I have a question if you bought the key, would you be invited to the aqua theater? Alison the Aqua theatre holds less then the main theater why the change?

I doubt it. Maybe if it was in the theater.

Probably using Aqua Theater for effect. 

It only holds around 750, there may be up to 300 Pinnacles,  and 350 Suite guests. So that only leaves another 100 people. Way more Keys than that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The main entertainment/concert is scheduled for Day 7 in the Aqua Theater and is by invitation only with RSVP. Remaining guests can view it in many venues throughout the ship.

John how did you find out it is for Day 7 in the Aquatheater by invitation only?

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I got an email from Royal about the Birthday Cruise. There are 8 available GS, a couple of OS, Aqua, and 10 CLS. It looks like the Suites from last year and future ones got the info about Suite Perks on this type of cruises. The Suite Guests I personally know from last years cruise are avoiding this one like the plague. 

Are you saying the Suite perks have changed from what is was for Oasis class ships? If so, then what are the suite perks for this sailing and future cruises? I was one of the suite guests from last year and previous years. I (as well as other suite guests I know) did not book this cruise due to the rather high prices. In fact, I booked the Allure the next day for a suite with a Genie for far less than the recent price of the Crown Loft on the Birthday cruise. Just saying.

20 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Are you saying the Suite perks have changed from what is was for Oasis class ships? If so, then what are the suite perks for this sailing and future cruises? I was one of the suite guests from last year and previous years. I (as well as other suite guests I know) did not book this cruise due to the rather high prices. In fact, I booked the Allure the next day for a suite with a Genie for far less than the recent price of the Crown Loft on the Birthday cruise. Just saying.

If you were in a Full Suite last year you would have know the diluted perks. Several Suite Guests were unable to get a reservation for the CK. We were never seated on time. Twice as long as 45 minutes. Unable to find a seat in the SL most evenings. Couldn’t get a seat for lunch CK on embarkation day. No reserved seat area in theater. Just way too many people that had access to the SL/CK. We experienced several very rude guests. Sure that happens but these were a bit above the top.  There is more but will leave it at that. As always we met plenty of nice people, many of whom are Pins. Even met @John&LaLa (nice people). They were not the problem. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you were in a Full Suite last year you would have know the diluted perks. Several Suite Guests were unable to get a reservation for the CK. We were never seated on time. Twice as long as 45 minutes. Unable to find a seat in the SL most evenings. Couldn’t get a seat for lunch CK on embarkation day. No reserved seat area in theater. Just way too many people that had access to the SL/CK. We experienced several very rude guests. Sure that happens but these were a bit above the top.  There is more but will leave it at that. As always we met plenty of nice people, many of whom are Pins. Even met @John&LaLa (nice people). They were not the problem. 

O good lord, any full suite people I have ever seen were treated like lords, you must try to be unhappy.  

JC

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

O good lord, any full suite people I have ever seen were treated like lords, you must try to be unhappy.  

JC

Obviously, you weren’t there. It’s my understanding several Suites received a FCC for the issues onboard. We didn’t complain onboard so we didn’t receive FCC. 

On 9/26/2019 at 5:14 PM, John&LaLa said:

The main entertainment/concert is scheduled for Day 7 in the Aqua Theater and is by invitation only with RSVP. Remaining guests can view it in many venues throughout the ship.

John-When do you receive the invitation- in an email or in the stateroom?

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to be a huge Hall & Oates fan, and literally booked as soon as I got the email they were going to play on the 50th President's Cruise Symphony of the Seas in Nov.

A week later I find out that only Diamond+ members get to see them in live performance, otherwise you get to see a live stream ie a tv monitor.  Nowhere on the email did it say I would not be seeing them live, and the booking agent for Royal didn't happen to mention it either.

Although I will enjoy the cruise, I am primarily going due tot he music talent which I cannot see.  Super annoyed at this, and although we are Emerald level I think this may be our last cruise with Royal.  I even sent an email (courteous)to their executive offices and pretty much got a F you reply.  Nice.

Hope no one else got suckered like I did, but if you planned of booking to see them live, forget it.

Say it Isn't So.

Left at the dock,

H&O fan

I can't imagine that once you're on board,  you wouldn't be able to find a way to see them perform. Do your research once you're on board.. get to know the staff, especially Guest Services and the bartenders... you might get inside info 😉 

• Like 1

Each sailing usually has a Roll Call.  Join the Roll Call, get to know your fellow cruisers.  Maybe there will be a Diamond passenger like Oakman above that would be happy to gift your their tickets.  😊

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 7:30 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Obviously, you weren’t there. It’s my understanding several Suites received a FCC for the issues onboard. We didn’t complain onboard so we didn’t receive FCC. 

I dont recall anyone on these boards ever confirmed that. Not saying it didn't happen,  I honestly don't recall any firsthand reports.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

Each sailing usually has a Roll Call.  Join the Roll Call, get to know your fellow cruisers.  Maybe there will be a Diamond passenger like Oakman above that would be happy to gift your their tickets.  😊

Probably not a physical ticket. Most likely a notation on your seapass.  No seapass, no entry. Not sure I'd share my seapass with a stranger

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably not a physical ticket. Most likely a notation on your seapass.  No seapass, no entry. Not sure I'd share my seapass with a stranger

I would agree with that.  Not familiar with how they control access on these types of things.  Will be a LONG while before I am Diamond, if I ever get there. 😊  I'm sure I would be disappointed if I booked a cruise hoping to see an artist only to find out that I am the wrong tier.  But, I would be on a cruise, can't be hating on that too much!  😁

Edited by jk04

On 9/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hall and Oates are fabulous. We just saw them at Amway (Orlando) last year. This is an event worth attending for those onboard. I’m only guessing, but I suspect they will be performing on one of the island stops (Coco Cay?). 

And yes, with the possible exception of The Wild Boys, Hall & Oates would be by far the best entertainers brought in for a President’s or Birthday Cruise.

The Gipsy Kings were pretty good too (Freedom). We actually saw them again later the next year at the St Augustine Amp. 

I saw Hall and Oates at Chapel Thrill in Chapel Hill NC in 1983, along with the girl band that did our lips are sealed, and Donny Iris.  I remember people dumping their coolers from the upper deck of Kenan Stadium when they ran out of beer but not ice on the people about 5 rows behind us.  Making me check where the upper deck is in relation to the lower deck ever since.  There was another band at that concert but it escapes me now.  This was a few months before we went to the Clash concert at the old Carmichael Arena... officially the loudest concert I ever attended, and I attended a lot.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk
Spell check at CC changed Kenan stadium to Kenyan stadium... good lord

After final payment, it turns out that for us it was much cheaper to upgrade ourselves to AS than to RoyalUP.  In the end, the 2 BR AS was about the same as other cruises in this fall.  But before Final Payment, it was crazy expensive!  We’re happy to have ended up where we are, but pretty upset that the games with prices went on for so long.  Just seems wrong.  I hope other people looking to RoyalUP look at the prices now, and get the upgrade themselves for the lower price.