Royal Caribbean’s 50th Birthday Cruise on Symphony Of The Seas

tamlec

7 hours ago, jk04 said:

Each sailing usually has a Roll Call.  Join the Roll Call, get to know your fellow cruisers.  Maybe there will be a Diamond passenger like Oakman above that would be happy to gift your their tickets.  😊

I wish - but was told that you have to RSVP and only those invited get put on the list.

I suppose if enough people don't show up and I hang around outside they might let me in if there is room...

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I dont recall anyone on these boards ever confirmed that. Not saying it didn't happen,  I honestly don't recall any firsthand reports.

If I remember correctly you were the one who mentioned this to me.  Maybe it was your investigative reporting. I assumed you knew the facts. 😱

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If I remember correctly you were the one who mentioned this to me.  Maybe it was your investigative reporting. I assumed you knew the facts. 😱

It was all second and third hand rumors.

I've personally spoken with three couples who didnt get anything,  but pretty sure they didnt ask

we had a cls last year, we did not complain but were issued a fcc. we usually book suites and the concierge asked us why we were not ck or suite lounge we said no worth it.I was going to book a suite and my husband said no way after last year fiasco. also suites did not get an invite to Bolton ‘s concert.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, alexkrn46 said:

we had a cls last year, we did not complain but were issued a fcc. we usually book suites and the concierge asked us why we were not ck or suite lounge we said no worth it.I was going to book a suite and my husband said no way after last year fiasco. also suites did not get an invite to Bolton ‘s concert.

Glad the word is getting out. Thanks for your honest opinion. Probably not welcome here. 

I’ve heard possibly twice the amount of P’s onboard for this cruise compared to last year. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Just out of curiosity, were suites supposed to get an invite, or was this a C&A thing? If just a C&A thing, then there is nothing wrong with suites not getting an invite, as it was not for them. If it was marketed for suites, then there should be compensation related to not getting an important amenity that you were entitled to.

I am so glad I opted to NOT go on this 50th Bday cruise. Although the temper tantrums alone may have been good entertainment. I ran into my first not so nice Pinnacle on the Mariner in September. I was very clear with them that I couldn't care less about their status. They seemed shocked. 

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Glad the word is getting out. Thanks for your honest opinion. Probably not welcome here. 

I’ve heard possibly twice the amount of P’s onboard for this cruise compared to last year. 

I've heard about the same. Somewhere around 250

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Just out of curiosity, were suites supposed to get an invite, or was this a C&A thing? If just a C&A thing, then there is nothing wrong with suites not getting an invite, as it was not for them. If it was marketed for suites, then there should be compensation related to not getting an important amenity that you were entitled to.

I am so glad I opted to NOT go on this 50th Bday cruise. Although the temper tantrums alone may have been good entertainment. I ran into my first not so nice Pinnacle on the Mariner in September. I was very clear with them that I couldn't care less about their status. They seemed shocked. 

The invites are based on the C&A level, getting a suite doesn't guarantee access to the concert.  Point being that they don't make this clear when booking.

3 hours ago, Maclean888 said:

The invites are based on the C&A level, getting a suite doesn't guarantee access to the concert.  Point being that they don't make this clear when booking.

This is correct. Several Suite Perks are either eliminated or diluted on a Presidents Cruise. No Suite Reserved sitting at the shows. Many Suite Guests could not get CK reservations or find a seat in the SL. Those that had CK Reservations were seldom seated on time. This wasn’t just minutes. Many Suite Guests unable to have lunch in the CK on embarkation day. We couldn’t find a seat anywhere SLCK. 

I can’t even fathom what the 50th BD Cruise will be like for Suite Guest with the suggested number of ~250 P’s onboard.