Cruise Critic Community
Harley52

Washers and Dryers?

Listen up people.  Do you hear there?  Does anyone know if there's washer and dryers on the Columbus cruise ship, Cruise Maritime and Voyages.  Thank you

4 hours ago, Harley52 said:

Listen up people.  Do you hear there?  Does anyone know if there's washer and dryers on the Columbus cruise ship, Cruise Maritime and Voyages.  Thank you

Yes - from their website.

Laundry
Self-Service Laundry For the convenience of our guests on board Columbus, self-service launderettes are positioned on Main Deck 6 and Upper Deck 10. Tokens for the machines are available from Reception and the costs added to your onboard account. Washing: £2.00, Dryer: £3.00, Washing powder: £2.00 per box (machines are not preloaded with the washing powder). Ironing equipment is provided on a complimentary basis. For safety reasons, the irons may only be used in the launderette room. Please note that personal irons are prohibited and cannot be brought on board. Opening hours: 08:00 - 22:00. However, due to local environmental requirements, the washing machines will be closed when the ship is in port. However, dryers and irons will remain available for use.

Based solely on my experience on the world cruise 2018:

Unless you have a lot of washing at one time I found the handy line in the cabin's shower is very good at drying clothes overnight and obviates the need to use the ship's driers.  Pegs or hangers are obviously required. 

I brought some washing powder with me (and replenished it abroad at a couple of the ports) as it is relatively expensive onboard and the quantity in the bags they sell is pretty small. 

Tokens can be a problem as people tend to buy more than they really need and this, of course, reduces the number available for other passengers.  In fact, on many days there were none available at all which led to some disquiet among the passengers so much so that the ship resorted to having a member of the crew stationed in the launderette on Deck 10 who operated the washing machine for you on production of a receipt from Reception proving the fee had been paid.  Whether all this has changed I don't know.