Major Changes Coming To Carnival’s Half Moon Cay

DFWGUYZ

3 hours ago, Himself said:

Lets pray that HMC is sparred and if not spared at lease the damage be minimal.

Based on the suffering I am seeing of the poor people of the Bahamas and their island, my prayers are with them right now.  It’s absolutely horrific 😞 

30 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

This entire thread is about their plans to build a dock as part of the changes so I'm not sure why you're attempting to nitpick an opinion of my own experience and how a pier might improve it.  Do you have a larger point?  Of course I know it takes time to sail back to Florida.  That's not my issue.

In response to your   question,  bEw abG :

Because, nothing in  this  thread begins to confirm  a  new dock at HM C is  even being seriously  considered   by those who make such decisions at Carnival corp and HAL.  Maybe it is just another case  of  over - active rumor mill.  🙂

image.png.885c93d0998c71b36bb21b18395b2bd5.png

Edited by sail7seas

2 hours ago, sail7seas said:

In response to your   question,  bEw abG :

Because, nothing in  this  thread begins to confirm  a  new dock at HM C is  even being seriously  considered   by those who make such decisions at Carnival corp and HAL.  Maybe it is just another case  of  over - active rumor mill.  🙂

image.png.885c93d0998c71b36bb21b18395b2bd5.png

That is a distinct  possibility

I just pray these funds are not a veil for building tacky water slides and water parks like some other cruise lines have recently done.  I liked the tendering and seeing the ship from the shore.  Hope the pier is a bit hidden from the gorgeous beach.  I love Half Moon Cay as it is now.  There is beauty in simplicity. I am worried about the devastation to thus island and all of the Bahamas as Dorian slowly moves.  Hope everyone will be safe.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sppunk said:

No issues at HMC from what I was told from a HAL senior employee. It was well south of Dorian thankfully. 

Abaca and Grand Bahana however, devastation. 

Good news for HMC.  I thought it might be far enough way.

About time they invest in a pier. We have been on 4 HAL cruises with HMC on the itinerary and only been there once because we couldn't anchor and tender do to weather conditions. 

Being able to dock would also mean we can go back on board for lunch. The one time we were there, I thought the island BBQ was just terrible.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

About time they invest in a pier. We have been on 4 HAL cruises with HMC on the itinerary and only been there once because we couldn't anchor and tender do to weather conditions. 

Being able to dock would also mean we can go back on board for lunch. The one time we were there, I thought the island BBQ was just terrible.

Agree - we like to go ashore early and head back onboard for lunch!

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:55 PM, Daisyloo said:

No need for a pool.  It has a gorgeous. soft white sand beach.

Wait until they see that gorgeous blue water and will likely laugh at th ir wish for a swimming pool at HMC.   😎

image.png.fc1c8a08e28037b99a9d2bcb2f8754a3.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

On 8/2/2019 at 7:33 AM, 2inSETexas said:

It seems the pier, while not guaranteeing that the ship can dock, will enable a much safer and quicker disembarkation and embarkation experience. 

It will also allow the crew to offload supplies/food/beverages more efficiently.  

2 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

It will also allow the crew to offload supplies/food/beverages more efficiently.  

Yes a very good point . Also saves tender gas  & over time the advantages  will more than pay for  this new pier 

Just looked at excursions for our upcoming cruise in January and HMC cabanas have gone up in price.

We thankfully booked ours the day we booked the cruise way back in February so we got the old rate of $299.95 plus the butler service supplement for $270.

Now the cabana is $399.95  to $449.95. 😮 It seems some of the 4 person cabanas cost more than other 4 person cabanas as well. "Gray" cabana was listed at $449.95 while "peach" was listed at the cut rate of $399.95 but with $449.95 next to it struck through like it is on sale. ?? Butler service is still $270.00.

cabana 3.PNG

cabana 2.PNG

9 minutes ago, ithaca gal said:

Excellent point!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, ski ww said:

I think more people will get off the ship if they don't have to tender & it will get more crowded.

I've been at other cruise line's private islands pre and post pier....and it made no difference ref crowds on shore.  

I first visited HMC in 2006, I believe, on Carnival.  I'm not a "beach person" but I fell in love with the island.  Got home and convinced my DD and a friend that we needed to book the same cruise for 6 months later (and I never did repeat cruises back then).

First thing they did that I disliked was build that big, ugly pirate-ship bar.  Next came the big villas with people bringing their music and blasting it all day.

IIRC, Carnival only called at CoCo Cay for a very few sailings.  Now, they visit Princess Cays (will be there again in about 2 weeks on Carnival Sunshine).  It can't compare to HMC.

I'm not a fan of having to tender, but that certainly doesn't stop me from going ashore.