Guy Harvey Conservation Cruise

calmpets

So it looks like my upcoming sailing on the Escape is now going to be the third annual Guy Harvey Conservation Cruise. https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/norwegian-cruise-line-partners-with-guy-harvey-ocean-foundation-to-host-third-annual-conservation-cruise.html I'm wondering what types of events I can look forward to, so I would love feedback from anyone who sailed on the 1st or 2nd annual Guy Harvey Conservation Cruise. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

We were on a Guy H cruise before.  He painted a pic underneath the chandelier on Deck 6 and sold it at auction.  Saw him at a dinner show, too ... he had Haven seating.  He seems to do good work toward raising awareness of interesting fish and sea mammals, and even some conservation, but if the species is not paint-worthy, then there is little interest ... who paints sea cucumbers and slugs?

• Like 1

I was on the Guy Harvey Cruise last October.  He had many seminars (in the atrium) and I found everything quite interesting.  If you are interested in sea life / tracking / migration habits / conservation, you will enjoy (I sure did!) 

There were interactive activities spread out over the cruise which included bringing up people/kids to paint on canvas with him and his daughter/team.  Check the Daily for specifics.  You will also find him painting by the Art Gallery (by Le Bistro). I stood a few away from him watching him paint for about 20 minutes.  Within that time, SO MANY people interrupted him while he was painting to get a picture with him.  He kindly obliged and I guess that is what he signed up for.  Boy, I think it must have taken him 3 days to paint a 5 x 7!  LOL!  Anyway, if you see him painting and want a pic, he will not decline (from what I saw).

I thoroughly enjoyed Guy Harvey's Presentations and learned a lot about his Foundation.  Again, if you are interested in that sort of thing, you will find it knowledgeable / enjoyable as well. 

He was also available to sign your GH purchase of choice at a few venues.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer:  I LOVE the hull art on the Escape!  I HATE the hull art on the Encore! JMO 🙂

• Like 1

We were on it last Oct, and DH and I both loved it.  He was very accessible and answered any questions.  He signed my "Guy Harvey tote bag"!

They were also selling smaller versions of his artwork for $250(?) a piece.

They (it was him, his daughter and a few others in the field) had sea day sessions in the atrium.

I highly recommend.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, SeaBands said:

do they sell Guy Harvey clothing on the ship?

Yes.  They were selling stuff in the Gift Shop.  The logo/brand on my shirt I bought was "Cruising & Conservation 2018" with Guy Harvey logo and also mention of the Escape.  I normally don't buy that cruise/ship stuff, but it was a cool shirt.  I caved.  I confess 😞 

They also had tables set up in the Atrium (on the outskirts of stage) with a lot of things to purchase.  At that point, GH was there to sign your purchase.  Watch the Dailies for when that will be available.  

🙂