Touchy subject.... appropriate dress?

MrsRoper

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

You claimed that there were “many derogatory comments” about people who actually did dress to the minimum standard;  yet when asked to provide some examples, the best you can do is claim that there have been multiple comments about the decline in standards.

I agree, there has been a decline in standards -  across the board:  food quality, service quality, etc.  But, to follow up on your evasive answer, can you back up your claim:  cite a statement by someone claiming that food would improve if people dressed better?

I'm sure you could find some if you choose to look.

Well I’m certainly sorry I ever started this thread and asked a very “simple” question.  The petty meanness from some and the bizarre twists and turns is really making me question joining CC in the first place.  Please end this thread.  The OP has the answer they were looking for.... please just stop and try and be positive happy people that love cruising and support their fellow cruisers with friendly advice.  Especially in the first time cruiser board!!!  Thanks for all that gave actual helpful friendly advice. (That Amish twist was truly bizarre - feel like I need to publish this as a book!?). Please don’t respond any more.  And yes, I know I can turn off the reply notification. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Why in the world would I want to waste my time looking for non-existent posts to which you serially refer in a tiresome effort to support your ridiculous claims?

Why in the world should I want to waste my time looking for posts that I know exist?  The fact that you deny their existence does not prove that they do not exist.  

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Why in the world should I want to waste my time looking for posts that I know exist?  The fact that you deny their existence does not prove that they do not exist.  

If you were capable of stopping to think, you would realize that proving a negative (the non-existence of a post) would require showing EVERY post;  while proving a positive (the existence of a post) requires showing just that one post.

I think this discourse is a waste of my time.

9 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

If you were capable of stopping to think, you would realize that proving a negative (the non-existence of a post) would require showing EVERY post;  while proving a positive (the existence of a post) requires showing just that one post.

I think this discourse is a waste of my time.

"If you were capable of stopping to think", you would realize that using phrases such as "If you were capable of stopping to think", is the kind of derogatory comments about fellow posters prohibited by the rules.

FWIW, whether those comments were made is not at all dependent upon whether you believe they exist.  Therefore I see nothing to gain by searching through CC to prove their existence. Obviously, you don't read every comment so it's entirely possible I've seen things that you haven't.  Why not simply accept my statement that I have seen those kinds of comments?

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

"If you were capable of stopping to think", you would realize that using phrases such as "If you were capable of stopping to think", is the kind of derogatory comments about fellow posters prohibited by the rules.

FWIW, whether those comments were made is not at all dependent upon whether you believe they exist.  Therefore I see nothing to gain by searching through CC to prove their existence. Obviously, you don't read every comment so it's entirely possible I've seen things that you haven't.  Why not simply accept my statement that I have seen those kinds of comments?

As previously mentioned, this discourse is a waste of my time.