Which excursion?

poss

Our cruise ship offers 8 or so included excursions in St Lucia.   I have no idea how to choose.   I'm hoping that people will be kind enough to mention some of their favorite things to do on that Island.   We're in our 80's and can't do super active kinds of things, but can certainly walk for 2-3 hours.    Would like to experience some of the rainforest (we love those in Costa Rica and Australia), but we also love to snorkel.

Thank you.

I hope my husband and I are as active as you are in your 80s. If you are ok getting off and on a catamaran, and I'm not sure what cruise line you are doing, a coastal catamaran to the pitons is nice. This offers snorkeling. I'm doing  tour non cruise line with paradise tours that's doing a tet Paul stairway to heaven hike tour with snorkeling after at anse chastenet. Good luck with what you choose.

20 hours ago, poss said:

Our cruise ship offers 8 or so included excursions in St Lucia.   I have no idea how to choose.   I'm hoping that people will be kind enough to mention some of their favorite things to do on that Island.   We're in our 80's and can't do super active kinds of things, but can certainly walk for 2-3 hours.    Would like to experience some of the rainforest (we love those in Costa Rica and Australia), but we also love to snorkel.

Thank you.

Id suggest the Land and Sea to Soufriere tour (I'm assuming you're on the Seven Seas Explorer?).

No visit to St Lucia is complete without seeing the iconic Pitons, etc. From what I can tell, that's the only included tour that actually goes down to Soufriere, the Pitons, etc.

Diamond Falls and Botanical gardens are beautiful, and Morne Coubaril is wonderful, I'm sure you'd enjoy both, and the walking is easy, mainly flattish, etc. And the daily back along the coast is spectacular...

Thanks for the responses.   Land and Sea to Soufriere it shall be!   And, yup, Regent Explorer (a kind of destination in itself, though we wouldn't even be doing this cruise if dear Caneel were still there).

• 1 month later...

If you love snorkeling, like others have mentioned, a trip to Jalousie Beach between the pitons is a must. We have used Spencer Ambrose each time we went (he has several tours that offer just a beach break to Jalousie Beach or you can do an excursion that also includes the mud baths, waterfall or trip to the volcanos).

The snorkeling at this beach is absolutely one of the best we have ever been to. It's like swimming in a fish aquarium. Seriously! It's to the right side (if you are facing the beach) and along the wall.

Check out my reviews that have TONS of pictures included in the snorkeling.

2019 REVIEW HERE  (It included the mud baths and waterfall. Snorkeling portion is located toward the end).

2016 REVIEW HERE (this was our trip just to the beach and snorkeling)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, mitsugirly said:

If you love snorkeling, like others have mentioned, a trip to Jalousie Beach between the pitons is a must. We have used Spencer Ambrose each time we went (he has several tours that offer just a beach break to Jalousie Beach or you can do an excursion that also includes the mud baths, waterfall or trip to the volcanos).

The snorkeling at this beach is absolutely one of the best we have ever been to. It's like swimming in a fish aquarium. Seriously! It's to the right side (if you are facing the beach) and along the wall.

Check out my reviews that have TONS of pictures included in the snorkeling.

2019 REVIEW HERE  (It included the mud baths and waterfall. Snorkeling portion is located toward the end).

2016 REVIEW HERE (this was our trip just to the beach and snorkeling)

Have you ever taken the Anse Chastanet & Jalousie Beach tour with Spencer Ambrose? 

15 hours ago, sldbolt2 said:

Have you ever taken the Anse Chastanet & Jalousie Beach tour with Spencer Ambrose? 

I haven't taken that specific tour with them but will this next March 2020. I'm already booked, actually! Snorkeled at Jalouise a few times, though and it's one of the best sites I've snorkeled at.

23 hours ago, sldbolt2 said:

I have not taken that tour. It looks interesting though. I may have to try that next time around. It says that it has amazing snorkeling there as well. If you go, let us know what you thought please.