Images from Ocean Cay

Beamafar

8 minutes ago, js said:

I sail the week prior to you and I purchased one but I do not want it if not in the YC area. I could just purchase a "regular" cabana in the area. I would prefer to be in the YC section of the island so I guess it is just wait and see and can always cancel if they are in another area.

Put it this way.  A cabana is a cabana.  You still get the personal assistant to run orders for you and your drink package still applies on the island.  YC or not, its still the most private option you're going to have on the island while you are there, so enjoy it where you can.  I don't know if I'll personally rent one for the day because my wife and I really don't like sitting still on the islands.  From what I have read (and I very well could be wrong here) the question is about whether there will even be a YC area when we sail, not necessarily that the cabanas won't be ready.

Plus, there are so many beaches on Ocean Cay that I can't imagine any single one is going to feel that crowded.

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Put it this way.  A cabana is a cabana.  You still get the personal assistant to run orders for you and your drink package still applies on the island.  YC or not, its still the most private option you're going to have on the island while you are there, so enjoy it where you can.  I don't know if I'll personally rent one for the day because my wife and I really don't like sitting still on the islands.  From what I have read (and I very well could be wrong here) the question is about whether there will even be a YC area when we sail, not necessarily that the cabanas won't be ready.

Plus, there are so many beaches on Ocean Cay that I can't imagine any single one is going to feel that crowded.

Thank you. I wonder if I should purchase a "regular" cabana too if the YC area won't be completed February 2020 and then cancel one once we get on the ship or a week prior when we know more.

I'm with my mom on this cruise and leaving my family at home so it's important to her to have the cabana and relax in the shade, but if the YC area is open February 2020, I'll just rent umbrellas and some beach mats for the ocean and hang in the YC area. I know, first world problems but lucky to have them.

1 minute ago, js said:

Thank you. I wonder if I should purchase a "regular" cabana too if the YC area won't be completed February 2020 and then cancel one once we get on the ship or a week prior when we know more.

I'm with my mom on this cruise and leaving my family at home so it's important to her to have the cabana and relax in the shade, but if the YC area is open February 2020, I'll just rent umbrellas and some beach mats for the ocean and hang in the YC area. I know, first world problems but lucky to have them.

I would think that, if it came down to it and the YC area wasn't available, anyone booked with a YC cabana would be bumped over to the regular, and it would be the non-YC passengers who would end up needing refunds.

I would recommend calling up to double check, not that you'll get anyone there who would know any better.  But just knowing how the lines aim to take care of their highest paying customers, I would think you should be fine.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:31 PM, Beamafar said:

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

Hi Bea

Without starting 'gelatogate 2, death by cookies n cream'' ....like the beverages (with the upper two packages or day purchases of them) and the food, is the ice-cream included? And soft serve or the good stuff? 

....think I know the answer!! 

2 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Hi Bea

Without starting 'gelatogate 2, death by cookies n cream'' ....like the beverages (with the upper two packages or day purchases of them) and the food, is the ice-cream included? And soft serve or the good stuff? 

....think I know the answer!! 

... and the answer you think you know is the correct one IS the correct one (I think)!   😜

Edited by Beamafar

I already cancelled one MSC trip because the island was not done. I had to learn the island was going to be delayed on the internet and not from MSC.   I may cancel the next one as well.   MSC has not done a very good job communicating all this to people who bought cruises intending to be visiting Ocean Cay.   JMO but it is what it is.   

5 hours ago, Nymich said:

I already cancelled one MSC trip because the island was not done. I had to learn the island was going to be delayed on the internet and not from MSC.   I may cancel the next one as well.   MSC has not done a very good job communicating all this to people who bought cruises intending to be visiting Ocean Cay.   JMO but it is what it is.   

We booked Seaside back when it first came to Miami, believing that we were going to make it to the private island, and it wasn't even built by then. Then a hurricane came and destroyed most of the islands on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, and we ended up going on a Western Caribbean itinerary.  We didn't go to one place that we were suppose to, but we still had fun. I'm not booking my next MSC, until I actually see a ship go to the island, so I'm waiting until November to book.

5 hours ago, lovelights said:

We booked Seaside back when it first came to Miami, believing that we were going to make it to the private island, and it wasn't even built by then. Then a hurricane came and destroyed most of the islands on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, and we ended up going on a Western Caribbean itinerary.  We didn't go to one place that we were suppose to, but we still had fun. I'm not booking my next MSC, until I actually see a ship go to the island, so I'm waiting until November to book.

My guess is you won't be alone in this thought process.  Hopefully someone from MSC realizes this.

Last year on Rccl, owners suite we could not book a wooden built cabana in the suite section until we got on board. Our first time in a suite on Rccl.  We inquired with the concierges in the Coastal Kitchen about booking on the first day. They said that all the cabanas were booked ???? How could this be? We just got on board.That they would contact us if there was a cancellation. A couple days later we had a message from the concierge that a coveted cabana opened, would we like to book? Of course we rushed up to the CK lounge. We were provided chauffeured golf cart to the suite beach and cabanas, manned by one of our concierges. The azure water of the sea, the breeze, the very attentive island natives running for our drinks. We noticed that more than half the cabanas were unoccupied. So much for over booked...It is all a game. Enjoy your fantasy. When we were through for the day we approached our concierge at the front gate and she called our chauffeur for our return to the ship. We will be in a Royal Suite on Seaside Thanksgiving, and we will see and report to you what we experience with 'our eyes wide open'. Our cabana on the ship may be more enticing than the one in Ocean Cay. I wonder if MSC will include a cabana for the Royal Suite on Ocean Cay as well? Then it will not cost us an extra $449 to report to you all.   RC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rattanchair said:

We will be in a Royal Suite on Seaside Thanksgiving, and we will see and report to you what we experience with 'our eyes wide open'. Our cabana on the ship may be more enticing than the one in Ocean Cay. I wonder if MSC will include a cabana for the Royal Suite on Ocean Cay as well? Then it will not cost us an extra $449 to report to you all.   RC

Looking forward to your report!  I hope they don't have another delay and you are sent to Nassau.

12 hours ago, Nymich said:

Looking forward to your report!  I hope they don't have another delay and you are sent to Nassau.

Dear Ny,   Ports of call are really not important to us any more.  Sure we may get off the ship and walk around a bit and report to you all what we see, take a few photos and post them on these CC boards.   We book the ship, but we also understand how many love the surf, beach, sand and all sorts of things to do at 'exotic ' locations far from home in a relatively safe manner than going it alone in this world today.  There is a different 'atmosphere' on board when the ship empties out; a more relaxed and attentive staff, no lines at the buffets or pool grill, best lounges chairs available, room to do laps in the pool or enjoy a hot tub without kids jumping in and out, and one can find it quiet on deck for a snooze. It is like the whole ship becomes yours to enjoy. It is really the best time to venture out of the Haven, CK, Retreat, or YC. ' We' really did  miss out, when the ship bypassed San Juan ; we would have preferred some port to get you all off the ship for us to enjoy the tranquility left behind. So for cruisers like us, Nassau or Ocean Cay or San Juan, no big deal.

Thank you for your kind words about my posts, you are most encouraging and I look forward to reporting to you all, than taking that 'snooze' on deck. RC

• Like 1

Our January 17th Davina cruise just posted YC Cabanas.  YC Cabanas were not previously posted.   I wonder if this means that the YC area will be opened earlier than expected.  The following description definitely states Yacht Club Members Only.

Day 11 | 27 January
09:00 Arrival time
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve -
Expected weather during your cruise

Minimum number of participants:
OCEAN CAY BEACH CABANA (MAX 6 GUESTS) - ALL DAY RENTAL
SOMETHING SPECIAL | OCC14
Spend the day on the cay with family and friends in the comfort of your very own cabana. You will have access to your private cabana for the whole day, making for easy-going and convenient enjoyment of the sun and sea. Enjoy fresh water and towels upon arrival, and take in the views while relaxing on a floating mat.

Please note: guests will have use of the cabana (with space for up to 6 people), with amenities including fresh drinking water, beach towels and 2 floating beach mats. The listed price is per cabana (not per person).

Per stateroom $249.00
Add to cart
OCC16.jpg
Difficulty
Easy
Duration
0:00
OCEAN VIEW YACHT CLUB CABANA (max 6 pax) - ALL DAY RENTAL (YC GUESTS EXCLUSIVE)
SOMETHING SPECIAL | OCC16
Escape with family and friends for an idyllic day in the comfort and privacy of a Yacht Club Cabana. You will have access to your private cabana for the whole day, making for easy-going and convenient enjoyment of the sun and sea. You are welcomed with a delicious fruit skewers, fresh water and towels as well as complimentary lunch and beverages In addition, four sets of snorkelling equipment and four complimentary floating mats are provided to explore and relax in the turquoise Bahamian waters.

Please note: guests will have use of the cabana (with space for up to 6 people), amenities includes fruit skewers, complimentary lunch and beverages, fresh drinking water, beach towels, 4 floating beach mats and 4 sets of snorkeling equipment. The listed price is per cabana (not per person). This tour is exclusive for guests booked in a Yacht Club cabin.

Per stateroom $399.00
Add to cart
OCC17.jpg
Difficulty
Easy
Duration
0:00
BEACHFRONT YACHT CLUB CABANA (max 6 pax) - ALL DAY RENTAL (YC GUESTS EXCLUSIVE)
SOMETHING SPECIAL | OCC17
Step out in style, from your Yacht Club Cabana directly onto the beach. Ideal to share with family and friends, you will enjoy the comfort and privacy of our top of the line cabana. You will have access to your private cabana for the whole day, making for easy-going and convenient enjoyment of the sun and sea. You are welcomed with a delicious fruit skewers, fresh water and towels and as well as complimentary lunch and beverages. In addition, four sets of snorkelling equipment and four complimentary floating mats are provided to explore and relax in the turquoise Bahamian waters.

Please note: guests will have use of the cabana (with space for up to 6 people), amenities includes fruit skewers, complimentary lunch and beverages, fresh drinking water, beach towels, 4 floating beach mats and 4 sets of snorkeling equipment. The listed price is per cabana (not per person). This tour is exclusive for guests booked in a Yacht Club cabin.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, rattanchair said:

Dear Ny,   Ports of call are really not important to us any more.  Sure we may get off the ship and walk around a bit and report to you all what we see, take a few photos and post them on these CC boards.   We book the ship, but we also understand how many love the surf, beach, sand and all sorts of things to do at 'exotic ' locations far from home in a relatively safe manner than going it alone in this world today.  There is a different 'atmosphere' on board when the ship empties out; a more relaxed and attentive staff, no lines at the buffets or pool grill, best lounges chairs available, room to do laps in the pool or enjoy a hot tub without kids jumping in and out, and one can find it quiet on deck for a snooze. It is like the whole ship becomes yours to enjoy. It is really the best time to venture out of the Haven, CK, Retreat, or YC. ' We' really did  miss out, when the ship bypassed San Juan ; we would have preferred some port to get you all off the ship for us to enjoy the tranquility left behind. So for cruisers like us, Nassau or Ocean Cay or San Juan, no big deal.

Thank you for your kind words about my posts, you are most encouraging and I look forward to reporting to you all, than taking that 'snooze' on deck. RC

Good day.  We are booked on Meraviglia on the inaugural to arrive Ocean Cay on the 9th of November -  we too gave the Royal Suite booked on this sailing and have asked already if the Cabana will be extended to the Island - we do have a YC CABANA booked for the day if they do not.  Will advise if i hear anything.   

1 hour ago, marcoigna said:

Good day.  We are booked on Meraviglia on the inaugural to arrive Ocean Cay on the 9th of November -  we too gave the Royal Suite booked on this sailing and have asked already if the Cabana will be extended to the Island - we do have a YC CABANA booked for the day if they do not.  Will advise if i hear anything.   

Dear M&I,  I understand that you were the instrumental force behind MSC's decision to include a cabana with the Royal Suite on board ship. Perhaps you could once again use your 'magic' to get them to include one on Ocean Cay as well.

12 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Dear M&I,  I understand that you were the instrumental force behind MSC's decision to include a cabana with the Royal Suite on board ship. Perhaps you could once again use your 'magic' to get them to include one on Ocean Cay as well.

Fingers crossed 🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 1

Who knows if it means anything, but YC Cabanas had been removed from items available to pre-book for our November 24th sailing on Meraviglia. They are now available again.  I guess this trip will just be full of surprises! 

2 minutes ago, L2float said:

Who knows if it means anything, but YC Cabanas had been removed from items available to pre-book for our November 24th sailing on Meraviglia. They are now available again.  I guess this trip will just be full of surprises! 

... So long as you're prepared for them  😜  May they all be very pleasant ones!   😉

We're on from Oct 18th to Nov 9th and hoping that everything and everyone will be adjusted for/to US-based sailings on the previous 10 night sailing to Canada.  Not too pushed about whether the island will be ready or not.  It won't be the end of the world it it's not.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Fogfog said:

Are there any updates on pictures of progress?

Covered seating for dining?

Pavillions/buffet/kitchen?

ALSO IF the Ocean Cay isn't ready--where do they go that day?

We're on the sailing that's supposed to enjoy the first visit to the island ... there has been nothing to suggest that the island won't be ready for it.  However, Mother Nature has a habit of putting paid to human plans.

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

We're on the sailing that's supposed to enjoy the first visit to the island ... there has been nothing to suggest that the island won't be ready for it.  However, Mother Nature has a habit of putting paid to human plans.

Looking fwd to your firsthand pics and 411 then!

• Like 1

Looking fwd to your firsthand pics and 411 then!

Just this afternoon I saw several pictures on the OC FB page, allegedly taken earlier today. The angle of the camera in the photos wasn’t very helpful, as the views were taken from the beach looking out into the ocean. The lighthouse appears to be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Just this afternoon I saw several pictures on the OC FB page, allegedly taken earlier today. The angle of the camera in the photos wasn’t very helpful, as the views were taken from the beach looking out into the ocean. The lighthouse appears to be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw those too. Could see tire tracks from trucks, and small plantings, and lighthouse. No pics of any covered patios/buildings etc. nor the lagoon etc

Six weeks or so til the first sailing that includes OC, yes?