Did you go to the meeting??

So my wife loves to sail small ships  which means Vision class ships are our jam right now.

One thing I've noticed is there are conference rooms on these ships.  Some have multiple. Are they ever used?  I've never seen them used.... 

You would think those spaces would get converted to something revenue producing, but I guess the vision class ships don't really get the big overhauls. 

A cruise I was on had a quilting group.  (not me)  I saw they had sewing machines set up in the conference room - and they were sewing/quilting away!  I know various professionals that need to keep up their education (ie doctors & dentists) can do continuing education on cruise ships. 

I've been on cruises where there were professional "groups"...and they used the conference rooms!  It was nice!  While they were "in conference" there were plenty of loungers around the pool!  I sort of like cruising when there are folks who aren't all about "free time"....gives us all more space!

• Like 1

I haven't been on one, but there are a number of cruises that have conferences on board. Royal also occasionally does "seminars at sea" for their travel agents which use the conference rooms. 

The only time we ever used the conference rooms was on a back-to-back. It was where they set up the consecutive cruiser information area where we had our passports scanned and got our new sea pass cards. They also used them for people who were staying overnight on land at Bangkok, as there was some paperwork necessary for that.

I have no idea how often they're used because they're usually in a part of the ship I rarely walk through.  That said, over the years, I remember seeing different things on the Compass like worship service, lectures, etc, in the conf rooms.  

I´ve seen them in use for all of the above already mentioned. To add to the list they are frequently used By the ships staff as well. They are Holding Department and officer Meetings in there. Sometimes they do some crew Training and the Performers use them as well for some Training and off stage rehearsal. 

In asnwer to the OP I think it´s space they kinda Need for various Things, but due to the Setup in still can be turned into Revenue generating space when demanded.

I set up a Bunco group on a TA once, and Royal set up a conference room for us with card tables, tablecloths, index cards and pens and a table with pitchers of iced tea and water. 

All I needed to bring was dice and a bell. I took my own paper goods back home with me. 

• Like 1

We have one booked every day at the same time on the Rhapsody TA in November to meet for games. LCR, Mexican train, ect. All on our roll call are just welcome to show up. No charge for use of the room.

11 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

So my wife loves to sail small ships  which means Vision class ships are our jam right now.

One thing I've noticed is there are conference rooms on these ships.  Some have multiple. Are they ever used?  I've never seen them used.... 

You would think those spaces would get converted to something revenue producing, but I guess the vision class ships don't really get the big overhauls. 

I've seen those room used many times.  We had great astronomy lectures every day in one of those conference rooms on Jewel.

We were on a cruise where the weather was obscenely rotten, and they used the conference room as one of the indoor venues for entertaining the passengers (comedian who was almost as bad as the weather).

• Haha 1

Did a Halloween cruise once on Oasis. The Conf Room was converted into a haunted house, complete with live ghouls, monsters and ghosts.

They did a pretty good job too.  Daytime was for smaller kids but in the evening, it was more for teens and adults as the costumes were scarier and the "characters" would actually creep up on you and follow you around.  But no touching allowed.