Chair rentals and umbrella on Palm Beach-any hotels or where is best spot?

jenjes3

Husband and I will be visiting Aruba on cruise ship in November 2019. We want to rent lounge chairs and umbrella on Palm Beach. After an email to the Hyatt, found out they do not rent chairs out only to guests staying at hotel. Where is a good location? Also where we could  get lunch and drinks. 

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, jenjes3 said:

Husband and I will be visiting Aruba on cruise ship in November 2019. We want to rent lounge chairs and umbrella on Palm Beach. After an email to the Hyatt, found out they do not rent chairs out only to guests staying at hotel. Where is a good location? Also where we could  get lunch and drinks. 

Thank you. 

A few years ago I walked out to the port entrance found a taxi that I thought looked good. Told the driver I wanted a beach that rented chairs and she took us to a beach on Palm that rented chairs. She had a "side" deal with the hotel beach attendants. It was the Hyatt......

Edited by Charles4515
  • Haha 1

When we were in Aruba a couple years ago we stopped by Palm Beach for an hour or so.  Didn’t get chairs as we were there such a short time but there were numerous places for chairs.  We were down near Bugaloe but I walked up and down the beach and passed a couple different vendors.

• Like 1

I came on here to post the very same question, so was happy to see this thread, and hope we can get a specific answer.   My wife and I will have a port call in Aruba in January, our first visit to this island.  We are planning to go to Palm Beach.  We would like to rent chairs and umbrellas, and wondering where we should ask the taxi to let us off. 

Also, will we have any difficulty getting a cab back to the port?  Do you just hail one on the street, or are there taxi stands? 

Thanks for any info!

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I came on here to post the very same question, so was happy to see this thread, and hope we can get a specific answer.   My wife and I will have a port call in Aruba in January, our first visit to this island.  We are planning to go to Palm Beach.  We would like to rent chairs and umbrellas, and wondering where we should ask the taxi to let us off. 

Also, will we have any difficulty getting a cab back to the port?  Do you just hail one on the street, or are there taxi stands? 

Thanks for any info!

Tell the taxi driver you want to be let off where you can rent chairs and arrange a pick up time. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sft429 said:

$10 for beach chairs and $40 for an umbrella.  Sun must be intense... 🙂

Exactly why we’ll be spending most of the day at Reflexions on surf side beach.  $6 each for chairs and umbrellas... I know things are more in Aruba but that’s a little crazy to me.

• 1 month later...

Hello- we went to the Hilton formally the Radison. I had booked through the website.  I believe it was 55 per person which include palapa, lounge chairs, towels and use of the pools.  While I booked this I got a mixture of responses. Some said for guests of hotel only.   I booked it followed up confirming days before trip. I didn’t pay in advance. You pay at front desk. Good luck. It was beautiful 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:51 PM, jenjes3 said:

Hello- we went to the Hilton formally the Radison. I had booked through the website.  I believe it was 55 per person which include palapa, lounge chairs, towels and use of the pools.  While I booked this I got a mixture of responses. Some said for guests of hotel only.   I booked it followed up confirming days before trip. I didn’t pay in advance. You pay at front desk. Good luck. It was beautiful 

Thanks for the info! We will be in Aruba in February and may do this. How did you get to Hilton from the port?

• 4 weeks later...

We said we were guests from cruise ship if asked. Again when I first booked, I was told different things. Sometimes no you ha e to be guest.   But I was able to book and waited to closer to the sailing date and confirmed with them they were holding two palapas.   Good luck.  When you arrive we went to pool and beach house to claim our towels etc. husband was told to go to front desk and pay.  Good luck- enjoy 

• 2 weeks later...

Jenjes3,

How were you able to confirm with the hotel prior to arrival?

I have a Palapa booked but when I email their beach services link, no one responds.

I am concerned about arriving there And having to leave and find something else.

on the Adventure on 3-5-20.

Thanks!

I wrote to them and they confirmed.  I would take your chances because they offer chairs to the public next to Hilton.   I read this somewhere.  Go to front desk. Say you reservations for palapa. Pay. You get receipt then take to beach and chair stand, the set you up/ provide towels.  You can use pool. Hope you have no problem.  

2 hours ago, jenjes3 said:

I wrote to them and they confirmed.  I would take your chances because they offer chairs to the public next to Hilton.   I read this somewhere.  Go to front desk. Say you reservations for palapa. Pay. You get receipt then take to beach and chair stand, the set you up/ provide towels.  You can use pool. Hope you have no problem.  

Thank you for quick reply!

I will take your suggestion. So far it looks like we will be only ship in port that day.

If that is the case they could probably use the business.

Did you have access to restrooms?

Thank you again! 

Nancy

19 hours ago, jenjes3 said:

Hi Jenjes3,

Finally got a reply from the Hilton.

palapa reservations are only for registered guests at the hotel only

Recommended we book a room for the day. I don’t think so!

Guess we will grab a taxi & take our chances.

Thanks for your help!

Nancy