Seabourn Club Discount

Lexcruiser

Just received a promotional email from Seabourn announcing a 5% discount on selected cruises if you are a Seabourn Club member.  Is this in addition to the 5% discount you receive if you make a future cruise deposit while on-board?

Yes it is in addition to the Future Cruise open booking discount. I am on the Quest at present just finishing up a lovely 36 night cruise and I chatted with the SB Sales Rep about this after we all received a flyer in our suites announcing this new benefit. The one drawback is that it is only on selected cruises.

3 minutes ago, Chairsin said:

Yes it is in addition to the Future Cruise open booking discount. I am on the Quest at present just finishing up a lovely 36 night cruise and I chatted with the SB Sales Rep about this after we all received a flyer in our suites announcing this new benefit. The one drawback is that it is only on selected cruises.

Hi Chairsin. I hope you are enjoying route of the Vikings.  We loved siglufjordur and grundarfjiordur for walking in particular.   We’re back to Shetland for two weeks soon.  Do you know how we find these cruises otherwise?  I haven’t had an email.  

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LEESRE said:

Please be aware this is for New Bookings only if you already have a booking on one of the sailings listed then this does not apply.

That was not the case for me.  I had a cruise booked and fully paid, and the travel agent called Seabourn and I received a credit back to my credit card for the 5% discount.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yeah!!! said:

That was not the case for me.  I had a cruise booked and fully paid, and the travel agent called Seabourn and I received a credit back to my credit card for the 5% discount.

I can’t tell you how annoying this variation in treatment is.  Different territories or travel agents...  i don’t care and just wish it didn’t happen

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yeah!!! said:

Really?  We have 2 B2B cruises booked for next April (booked last April) and I enquired about the 5% discount and our TA said they had been asked many times about booked cruises and this discount and SB was not budging on it.  And the Ts&Cs say it is for new bookings.  

I agree with Galeforce, it's annoying

Edited by Mauzac

On my Seabourn cruise in June 2018,  I paid $500 as a Future Cruise Deposit.  This August, when I booked my cruise for April 2020, the Booking Confirmation included the following:  We love seeing familiar Seabourn Club members come back onboard.  To repay that loyalty, we have included an additional Seabourn Club Savings discount.  

So in addition to the 5% Future Cruise Deposit savings, I received an additional 5% discount off my cruise. fare.  

18 minutes ago, sanne said:

I have just received the 5% discount on an already booked cruise. I asked my travel agent and she gave me the good news. 

Are you UK?  (I'm just wondering if it's a US thing...)

Edited by Mauzac

57 minutes ago, dalliowner said:

The problem is that in the US you can cancel and rebook without losing the deposit as long as it is before final payment so they have no option but to allow the change. It is of course not the same in the UK.

I think this is the crux of the matter.  

• Like 1

Yes I thought it could be the old territory issue.  Seabourn could extend the offer to all territories, regardless of the cancellation matter.  As plane7c quoted seabourn saying, it is to “repay that loyalty”.  We are all loyal if we have made future bookings. Why not backdate for all. 

• Like 1

My Australian TA contacted me today about the extra discount which is for only certain cruises, rather like the Silversea concept. She checked with Seabourn and we are eligible if booked on the right cruise. This isn't applicable with our current booked cruises but we will look to use it in the future if a cruise we like is applicable.

Julie

The cruise we are booked on is eligible, SB just won't give us the discount because we have already made our booking.  Seems a tad unfair to be honest.  

A friend of mine has just booked SB on a cruise with the 5% advertised, similar dates as us, and she got the discount. 

Bottom line - it doesn't pay to book early!  

Seabourn have refused me also and I live in the UK.

Sorry to say this does leave a bad taste in the mouth why should some get it and others don't

We are not allowed to cancel and re book it should be the other way round those that cannot cancel and then re book should get the loyalty discount.

It is obviously Seabourn don't care about UK clients.😠😢

Edited by LEESRE

My April 2020 cruise is 8 months from now.  When I booked it I had no idea about an additional 5% discount, let alone whether or not my cruise was eligible.  I was delightfully surprised when I read on my booking confirmation that I had been given the extra discount.