I'm on a B2B2B booked since December 2017 and paid in full the 3 legs on May 31.

Ship Celebrity Eclipse

1st Leg Sept 22, 2019 Vancouver to Honolulu

2nd Leg Oct 3, 2019 Honolulu to Vancouver

3rd Leg Oct 13, 2019 Vancouver to Los Angeles

My TA just receive a email from Celebrity with a note that the Jones's law is violated.

This is the head of the email

I hope you are very well in your daily work, the reason for this email is to notify you that bk 3rd leg is violating Jones law, because passengers would be arriving from Honolulu in bk bk 2nd leg on October 13, and that same would be leaving for Los Angeles, California. Because the cruise ship would be sailing from a port that belongs to another country, that's when Jones's law is violated. Due to this inconvenience it is necessary that a embarkation be requested for October 14 leaving from Victoria, British Columbia has a cost of $ 65.00 MXN.

I post my question in the main Celebrity forum and write a email to one touch, still waiting for a answer.

The answers in the celebrity forum that I receive is that I'm not violating the Law because I will board the Eclipse in Vancouver and disembark in LA, apparently the problem is because someone is not viewing the 1st leg of my vacation. And they say that I'm boarding in Honolulu.

In advance thank you for your help.

Edited by gerelmx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!
Thank you so much for this question. If you do all 3 sailings, it’s not a violation since you are technically going YVR-LAX. If you do the first 2, its okay as well, you just cannot combine only the last 2. In short, you are currently not violating the Jones Act.

We would love to look into this further and discuss with you personally- please reach out to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com with the subject "ATTN: AURORA". Our team is expecting your email!

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello!
Thank you so much for this question. If you do all 3 sailings, it’s not a violation since you are technically going YVR-LAX. If you do the first 2, its okay as well, you just cannot combine only the last 2. In short, you are currently not violating the Jones Act.

We would love to look into this further and discuss with you personally- please reach out to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com with the subject "ATTN: AURORA". Our team is expecting your email!

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

Thank you , I'm writing the email

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1