Majesty "pro tips"

52 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

So...……..……….. the bathroom.

Has anyone ever seen THIS sign????

Empress had it as well.  

I was told on the last cruise a woman in the aft area decided to flush diapers down and took plumbing out for 28 cabins.  I immediately thought of the $100 fee.  

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, Merion_Mom said:

At least on cheap, summertime cruises (this is a re-routed Cuba cruise), muster drill is apparently a good place for a guy to pick up girls.

(I should have taken pictures)

Well people are in REALLY close proximity most times. 

I was in a JS (cabin 1082) in June and on embarkation day my cabin attendant showed me the "hidden" USB ports on the bottom of the reading lamps for the bed.  These might only be in the suites but it made life easy for charging devices.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anton said:

I was in a JS (cabin 1082) in June and on embarkation day my cabin attendant showed me the "hidden" USB ports on the bottom of the reading lamps for the bed.  These might only be in the suites but it made life easy for charging devices.

Not in the SOV.

Clearly added in the last drydock.  There was no such thing as USB when she was built.  😄 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Empress had it as well.  

I was told on the last cruise a woman in the aft area decided to flush diapers down and took plumbing out for 28 cabins.  I immediately thought of the $100 fee.  

I would charge her $1,000 and make her run a gauntlet of the occupants of all those cabins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/4/2019 at 12:35 AM, Merion_Mom said:

The post of mine that you quoted says that the aft elevators go to Deck 14, where the VCL is.

There is no Deck 13 on the Majesty.

Shockingly, Deck 14 has always been there.

Maybe the deck plans on the RCL site (and others) are wrong? They all seem to show the Viking Crown on 12, on Majesty, and don't show a deck 14 at all. Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 6.59.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 6.59.08 PM.png

3 hours ago, jcross2 said:

Maybe the deck plans on the RCL site (and others) are wrong? They all seem to show the Viking Crown on 12, on Majesty, and don't show a deck 14 at all. Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 6.59.58 PM.png

The VCL isn't on the same level as the rest of deck 12.  This deck plan above makes it look like the VCL is on deck 12 but it isn't.  Majesty doesn't have a deck 13 so in the elevators you press the 14 button to reach the VCL.

In this picture you can see how the VCL is one deck above deck 12.  Since there is no 13, the VCL is deck 14.

3bGrSpp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

The VCL isn't on the same level as the rest of deck 12.  This deck plan above makes it look like the VCL is on deck 12 but it isn't.  Majesty doesn't have a deck 13 so in the elevators you press the 14 button to reach the VCL.

In this picture you can see how the VCL is one deck above deck 12.  Since there is no 13, the VCL is deck 14.

3bGrSpp.jpg

Thanks so much, Twangster, that makes perfect sense! 

Coralc, not my intention to point out an error, except in the rcl site. Which, as we all know, is flawless ... :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And last night was Night 5. No lobster.

Same on Serenade a couple of years ago.  Was told no lobster on 5 night cruises.  Guessing passengers are told this as a general statement even though it may be a cruise specific issue.  Better than saying, "normally we have lobster, but we're out this week so you're SOL".

• Like 1

Merion-Mom - thanks for the posts.  I followed you on your cruise "Around the Horn" awhile back and loved you posts.  We are sailing again on the Majesty on December 14th - its been awhile since we have been on a small ship but always loved the Majesty.  Keep the posts coming ☺️

6 minutes ago, patticakes40 said:

Can you tell me who is the piano player in the Schooner Bar and do you know if they will still be on in December?

You can get that info from web_reservations@rccl.com about 3 weeks before your cruise.