Planning help

20 minutes ago, traincollector1000 said:

Has anyone has used the hotel program from Norwegian Cruise Line That Leaves from New York, New York

Probably someone has used it but....it’s expensive. Usually the prices quoted are per person. There is a large group of posters on this forum who can offer good hotel suggestions, particularly if you provide the following details:

1). Exact date(s) you need a hotel

2) Number of people & bed size requirements

3) Hotel Budget (Any favorite hotel chain?)

4). How you are getting to NYC - plane (which airport?), car, or other transportation - and expected arrival time

5). Sightseeing requirements

1 hour ago, traincollector1000 said:

I book the hotel program with Norwegian for my May17, 2020 cruise to the Bermuda I was looking for people's experiences? 

Where are they putting you and for how much?

You're unlikely to find any/many folks on this board who've used it. Most of us are DIY'ers...

You're a long ways out, which is good. What's the cancellation policy from Norwegian?

That's right before Fleet Week, and right now everything in Midtown looks outrageous, so that's not a bad deal. I'm seeing $403 plus tax for the Marquis at AAA rates, and there's probably a "locality fee" on top of that. The hotel is fine; it's in the middle of Times Square, which has good points and not so good points. NYC hotel rates float a lot. As in that same hotel could easily be under $300 a night, and maybe even less, 90 days out. Transportation to the pier is $15-20 in a cab. Are they including transfers from the airport?

For comparison, there's a Renaissance about a block or so from the Marquis for $319 a night with AAA, prepaid, and $379 cancellable. But there will likely be a AAA promotion rate 180 days or so out. Probably closer to $279...