Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

John, I have a quick question for you. Can you check to see what time the flowrider wave opened on day one of this sailing?  The hours are posted by sports desk near the wave.  Thanks in advance. 

Flowrider opened at noon on day 1 on the Harmony.  We had to fill out paper waivers as no one had their room keys.

Then we had to take the biggie board “test” which took 10 seconds after waiting on the boogie board line.  After the test you get your blue wrist band for stand up surfing.

The line for standup at noon was very short and we got a ton of runs in before they closed at 3:00 pm for muster drill.

The lines this week have been very short in the morning.

Lou

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, loudbmw said:

Flowrider opened at noon on day 1 on the Harmony.  We had to fill out paper waivers as no one had their room keys.

Then we had to take the biggie board “test” which took 10 seconds after waiting on the boogie board line.  After the test you get your blue wrist band for stand up surfing.

The line for standup at noon was very short and we got a ton of runs in before they closed at 3:00 pm for muster drill.

Lou

Thanks Lou for the info. I wanna blast out the silly boogie board test before the lines are long. I’m going to wear my flow shorts onto the ship and have my rash guard shirt close at hand. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy birthday!  Always nice to spend it aboard.

I know you're not one for the MDR, but if you happen to find yourself in the vicinity and could ask about the new vegan menu at the MDR, I'd be interested in seeing an example... hopefully options rotate same as the non-vegan options?

Anyway, if I read the Cruise Critic article correctly, the new vegan menus are effective for all cruises after Aug 1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loudbmw said:

Lou

Thanks For The Info.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And it's my birthday 😁

20190806_071313.thumb.jpg.d501fa40cfbcab0a3f4fca293699ece9.jpg

Formal night in my honor

20190806_071338.thumb.jpg.f7c3f3792c7fed85bf6a7a3f7c28304d.jpg

I doubt we'll partake since we have Izumi tonight.  It's also Top Tier this morning. 

20190804_144420.thumb.jpg.6ed6b70320240c4fee45c4335403b2fb.jpg

We will go to that. Free drinks. 😇🍹🍹

Happy Birthday. 

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday John....and to spend it at Izumi - even better!  😀  Could you please post a pic of the menu - trying to determine if my DS (who has an allergy to shellfish) would be able to find something to eat there.  We have already noted her allergy with our genie but wanted to get a sneak peek.  Anna said there was just a new menu released recently for Izumi and it did not include Hot Rocks.....?  Just looking to verify.

Thanks for the awesome review and have a great birthday.

Edited by kneadsdough2cruise
corrected wording!!

7 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

John, I have a question. Where are the coke freestyle machines on Harmony? Any on deck 8 in central park? Also we have the deluxe drink package but would like to keep some diet coke cans in our cooler in the room without going to the trouble of bringing on a 12 pack and lugging it around. Is it possible to get a unopened can of coke at any of the bars?

None in Central Park.  Deck 5 in front of Sorrentos, both sides of Windjammer and by mini Bites deck 15 aft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Tonight's dinner in CK is marginal at best, so we ran into Chef Henry at breakfast and asked if he could do us a chicken stir fry for dinner. Lots of veg and ginger. No problem

Arrived at CK a little early and told our server we had a special order. Ordered the lobster salad and shrimp cocktail as an app.

20190805_182029.thumb.jpg.6d13bfce17053586f47f1dac5129ca0b.jpg

Slightly different presentation than Oasis,  really tiny lobster. Ate the flower.

And then came the stir fry. We each got one. Hence the food coma.😉

20190805_182016.thumb.jpg.a02469ec31e6a171ce66193fad14416a.jpg

No need for rice or noodles, so much veg.

Peppers, onions, mushrooms, celery, asparagus,  snow peas, and broccoli.  Very spicy and piping hot. 

But I still got dessert

20190805_192543.thumb.jpg.fe91538df0b468868afd675a992fa177.jpg

Is Chef Henry the same CK Chef from the Oasis this past spring?

We sail on Harmony on the 11th.  Cabin 8266.  I haven't heard anything yet regarding Royal Up bid.  I bid on a Jr. Suite, but feeling doubtful that it's accepted.  Looking forward to reading your review.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, red-dragon said:

What is the average tip we should give to the porters?  We haven't cruised since 2011.

Lots of outlets!  On Oasis, we brought a power bar, so it looks like there is no need this time!

I agree, the closets on Oasis were a bad design. Especially if you had the closet near the bed!

Thanks for the review and pictures!

I usually do 2 bucks per bag, or maybe 3 bucks for 2, when dropping off. If they help me during debarking, definitely more. 

11 hours ago, MaryBCruisin said:

Is it possible to get Hibachi at a non Hibachi table?  I prefer sushi only and my DH prefers Hibachi.  Not sure how to book this.

Yes, book one Hibachi, but tell them one of you is doing sushi