Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cstj

Lock luggage?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

The TSA cut my TSA approved lock off my suitcase on the outbound trip, so I had no TSA approved lock on the way home. I had no way of dissuading amatures.

 

I would have reported that to TSA and made them replace the lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SRF said:

 

I would have reported that to TSA and made them replace the lock.

Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, cstj said:

Are zip ties acceptable to lock luggage, or is that not allowed?

Do passengers lock their luggage anymore?

 

 We have used zip ties for the past 15 years never had a problem. Just remember to pack a pair of nail clippers in your handbag or carryon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charmy98 said:

 

 We have used zip ties for the past 15 years never had a problem. Just remember to pack a pair of nail clippers in your handbag or carryon.

 

Same here. For us the zip ties are to keep the zipper ends together to prevent accidental opening, not to lock the suitcase to prevent theft. We aren't under the delusion that a cheap padlock would deter thieves if they really wanted to look inside.  

Edited by PTMary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PTMary said:

 

Same here. For us the zip ties are to keep the zipper ends together to prevent accidental opening, not to lock the suitcase to prevent theft. We aren't under the delusion that a cheap padlock would deter thieves if they really wanted to look inside.  

 

Yep us too, I just don't pack anythng of value in checked bags. As you said if they want something bad enough a lock, zip tie or anything else is not going to stop them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...