Gifts and Gear - Hat Buyers beware

Just boarded Empress and had preordered a dry fast logo ball cap in blue.  Photo is below of what I ordered according to website.  Obvious logo in front, side vents and grey trim on bill rim.  Pretty nice looking for $10 I thought and hubby had lost his last RCL hat so I ordered it for him.

DF857756-1526-4919-971F-67347275B76C.png

Well this is what I got.  A cheap cotton hat that I could buy at a dollar store with no logo, no trim, no vents and most definitely not dry fast.

10B5E4B6-D63E-4897-8C81-6BAD38891C16.jpeg

50D3C58E-68F7-4AC1-9823-A88D75266EB0.jpeg

I have emailed Gifts and Gear asking about how to get a refund.  This hat is not worth $10.  
Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

Well,THAT is a total piece of crap.

Please let us know the results of your email.

Have you given Guest Services a shot?

No they are super busy dealing with OBC questions because of the Cuba cancellations.

I will give it a few days and if I don’t hear back from the email I will try GS.

I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it.  I might post it on twitter too 

I happened to swing by GS and they were not that busy so I stopped by.  The GS rep was a little shocked too.  They are sending whoever delivers the amenities to come check out what I got and to see if they have the actual hat I ordered.

I know it seems like a lot of fuss for $10, but that I is like $50 Canadian. 

Just kidding, but I do expect to get what I paid for no matter the price.

On a side note, the Empress seems like a lovely little ship!  I have not been on anything smaller than Freedom class with RCL so it is quite a change!

• Like 1

The supervisor was just here.  They don’t have the hat.  He offered me a refund or a tote bag instead.  I told him I would have to see the bag first.  He brought back this.  I told him I would have to msg hubby and think about it.  This bag has crown and anchor logo in the corner.  Please tell me this is not a bag they give away for free...

2428FEB3-3A3F-4E47-B822-C649CA68BF02.jpeg

image.jpg

A3B32A0B-900D-4908-B8EC-9B31AC7E9F18.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

The supervisor was just here.  They don’t have the hat.  He offered me a refund or a tote bag instead.  I told him I would have to see the bag first.  He brought back this.  I told him I would have to msg hubby and think about it.  This bag has crown and anchor logo in the corner.  Please tell me this is not a bag they give away for free...

2428FEB3-3A3F-4E47-B822-C649CA68BF02.jpeg

image.jpg

A3B32A0B-900D-4908-B8EC-9B31AC7E9F18.jpeg

It is a free prize at the games!

I will be replying to the twitter msg for sure.  The supervisor has been paged and I will be refunding the bag and asking for a refund.  They should have not even offered me the bag if it is marketing material 

And did I mention that I have only received 1/2 of the promised OBC for the Cuba cancellation? I think DH is happy I am solo this cruise and he is at home so he doesn’t have to listen to me rant. 🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After 35-40 minutes he still did not show up so I took the bag to guest services and explained the situation.  Louis was great and did offer me some hats from the store as a replacement but I declined and asked for a refund. He says he put it on the account as an OBC and I returned the bag.  This was a whole lot of wasted time over a $10 hat.