Door decoration ban

drvmywifecrzy

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back last week on the NCL Escape.  Please to announce the ship is fireproof and that decorations were all there.  I never saw one that went over the top.  Just simple ones and some we quite amusing.    I enjoyed walking off all those calories while looking at the decorations. 

13 minutes ago, bigwawao said:

Just got back last week on the NCL Escape.  Please to announce the ship is fireproof and that decorations were all there.  I never saw one that went over the top.  Just simple ones and some we quite amusing.    I enjoyed walking off all those calories while looking at the decorations. 

Good to know! Thank you!

I have never decorated our door, but I enjoy seeing folks' door decorations. If I had kids, I can see where it would be fun for them to think of and create for their cruise. Adds to the excitement of planning!!!!  But, I can see the concerns that NCL has with the door decorations.

• 10 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, Love my butler said:

You absolutely can hang it.  Your steward may or may not take it down.  Tips tend to go down when stewards touch things that don't belong to them....

You mean when they do their job...

• Like 3

Going "above and beyond" to earn those "vacation hero" recognition ??  as in doing their job

Think about that for a moment, LOL.  Let's ask that question during the onboard Q&A with the senior officers, should get some looks and interesting answer(s) - don't feel that anyone can definitely answer OP's question now for what's over the horizon in 2021 and beyond. 

Edited by mking8288

On 8/27/2020 at 3:03 AM, robertjohn2 said:

Door decoration look great on the cruise ships. But some times it destroys the public property. Some of the great advice to decorate indoor with table linens to surprise guest with cool ambience.

I have no idea what you are getting at and I don't care .

I'm just happy a thread of such  "MAJOR" importance was revived .

I dream of happier days when door decoration policy actually mattered . 🤞

• Like 3

9 hours ago, richstowe said:

I have no idea what you are getting at and I don't care .

I'm just happy a thread of such  "MAJOR" importance was revived .

I dream of happier days when door decoration policy actually mattered . 🤞

"destroy public property" ?

'table linens" ?

"Kansass" ?

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I would never want to get in the way of a cruiser having a little fun, but the cutesie, flashy, ugly decor on the doors is a bit of a distraction from the beauty of the boat. Aesthetically, it doesn’t make sense. But imagine having to police that mess? Is it fire retardant or not, is it potentially offensive to someone, can it be cleaned, is it causing damage, could it cause other safety concerns… best just to not have it or to have a rule that it’s prohibited so it can be taken down for any of those reasons “per policy”.

• Like 1

Not sure why people decided to bump a 3 year old post stating an opinion that does not reflect what is currently being done/allowed on ships. The decorations are a long,  long standing cruise ship tradition which continues today (like hiding ducks). You'll find decorations on our door on every cruise (Haven or steerage). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure why people decided to bump a 3 year old post stating an opinion that does not reflect what is currently being done/allowed on ships. The decorations are a long,  long standing cruise ship tradition which continues today (like hiding ducks). You'll find decorations on our door on every cruise (Haven or steerage). 

Shhhhh . . . Don't mention the ducks.  It brings out the loonies 😉