Newbie Question

ssawjo

My wife, son, his girlfriend and I will be taking our first Seadream yachting experience in March 2020, Barbados to Barbados.  I have a few questions:

Is the laundry service a pay as you go arrangement?

My son was wondering if the all inclusive drinks include drinks like Pina Coladas and Mai-tai's?  Apparently these are two of his and his gf's favorite drinks.

Probably silly questions but I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Bill

Any extras you have on board (spa, laundry, bottles of wine, excursions, boutique, etc.) will appear on your final bill.  Currency is never seen on the cruise.  I don't know that I've ever seen people ordering mai-tais, but pina coladas are certainly drinks you son and his gf can enjoy to their hearts' content.

The laundry is by the piece or a flat rate for the cruise. I thought the flat rate too expensive and we went by the piece. There is wash, pressing only and dry cleaning. Two days before the end of the cruise we got an offer for 1 full bag of wash and press for probably 50$. And you can specify if you want your shirts on hangers or folded. Of course I took this offer and had the shirts folded, ready to put in the suitcase for going home.

In the drinks compartment, I found the barmen very willing to learn - I wanted an Americano (which was a coffee for them) and not a Negroni - so they checked it quickly and made me one. So they will not struggle with a Mai Tai.

Mai Tai's, Mojito's, Mango Colada's, you name it and no problem.  We downloaded a recipe for a "Lights of Havana" that we had had in Mexico, (Malibu rum, Midori, etc.) gave it to the poolside bartender and, again, no problem.  Crew most obliging. Have fun! (Our next trip (#12) is in January '20.)  

Thank you all for your responses.  I will tell my son that his alcohol cravings will be satisfied.

The $50/bag appears to be a good deal.  Hope they have it on our cruise.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Mai Tai's are no problem. We keep a list all year of crazy drinks we'd like to try on our yearly cruise. Most of the bartenders enjoy (or at least humor us) making unique drinks. My "go to" drink poolside is a Salty Chihuahua - Grapefruit Juice, Tequila, Triple Sec with a Salted Rim.

Edited by piratelooksat45

In addition to the $50 bag of laundry at the end of the cruise, you could select unlimited laundry at the beginning. It was $249 for two passengers. We are on a 10-day cruise, so I don’t know if the price varies by the length of the cruise. 

• 4 weeks later...
My wife, son, his girlfriend and I will be taking our first Seadream yachting experience in March 2020, Barbados to Barbados.  I have a few questions:

Is the laundry service a pay as you go arrangement?
My son was wondering if the all inclusive drinks include drinks like Pina Coladas and Mai-tai's?  Apparently these are two of his and his gf's favorite drinks.

Probably silly questions but I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Bill

Any drinks you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk