Miami Hotel Recommendations

suizas

Hello!  It has been many many years since I have cruised out of Miami.  Any advice on where to stay the night prior to departure? something relatively inexpensive but decent? Are there hotels close to the port?

thanks in advance...  cruise is the end of February...      Susan

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell which was decent and only a couple miles from port.  Have also stayed at Double Tree Biscayne Bay which is very nice and even closer to port.  I can recommend both of these.  Be aware February rates will be rather high.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lovelife said:

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell which was decent and only a couple miles from port.  Have also stayed at Double Tree Biscayne Bay which is very nice and even closer to port.  I can recommend both of these.  Be aware February rates will be rather high.

I agree with you. I’ve stayed at both hotels and have been happy with both. There are more restaurants, and the free trolley near the Brickell Hampton Inn. 

Rates are high though, but they are nice hotels.

• Like 1

Check the calendar.    Miami boat show is in February every year.    We hit it with our Feb cruise this year.     Hotel are scarce and very expensive that week.    We stayed at Hampton Inn - Brickell, using a points stay.

Intercontinental, we booked it back in April of this year by using Hotwire.com.  I booked it as I think a 4 star not knowing what hotel we would get for $160 bucks. They guarantee you’ll get 1 of 3 hotels listed within a area of the map. Then all I did was see which hotel was within the map area and the only that was was the Intercontinental. The hotel listed rate for our room was $390 for the same room.  You can walk to the bay front mall for dinner and CVS and Walgreens are within walking distance too.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

you are probably right about that. Luckily the OP is going towards the end of the month and will also miss the boat show which is Feb 13-17.

I have 2/14 booked there were lots of rooms left at least when I booked for our infinity cruise 

I thought I would add my list of Miami hotels to consider.  It reflect a wide range of prices.

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis (about six years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning). Avoid a room on a lower floor as you may hear quite a bit of noise from a nearby bridge.

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port.  Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.  

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned).  Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

Hyatt Centric

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre.  More on Brickell in a moment.)  Also the SLS Lux Brickell is nearby.

And then just another few minutes away 

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here.  It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016.  Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 3:30 AM, Keith1010 said:

I thought I would add my list of Miami hotels to consider.  It reflect a wide range of prices.

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis (about six years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning). Avoid a room on a lower floor as you may hear quite a bit of noise from a nearby bridge.

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port.  Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.  

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned).  Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

Hyatt Centric

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre.  More on Brickell in a moment.)  Also the SLS Lux Brickell is nearby.

And then just another few minutes away 

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here.  It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016.  Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

Thank you for posting this information on hotels in Miami.