NCL excursion - Mexican Cuisine Cooking Class at Playa Mia

wyattjl

We selected this excursion at Cozumel since we had been there before and done some other things. This was a great time! We rode a nice bus out to Playa Mia, about 20 minutes from the port. Once at Playa Mia, we met our chef teacher (Lalo) and went to a nicely equipped kitchen class set up. We cooked 3 courses (appetizer, entree, and dessert) and had a great time doing it! An included open bar made it even more fun! After cooking and several margaritas, lunch was ready. We ate our self-prepared meal and then were free to use the facilities as we wished. Beach, pool, bars, were all available. I wish this had been a longer day! 

• 2 weeks later...

Look at their guidelines. In my opinion, the class itself would be fine for kids as long as you know there is an open bar and the adults in the class will be drinking. However, there are several closely-spaced stations in the room set up with open flames, and you're cooking with oil and spicy ingredients, so the company may have age restrictions. 

• 4 weeks later...

Do you remember how long the class was and how much beach time? Do you recommend this excursion? DH looked at this excursion but not sure if it's worth the price tag as we won't use the waterpark (kids aren't with us) and already have drink package on the ship (I e so don't need open bar).  The cooking seems fun though.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, wyattjl said:

We selected this excursion at Cozumel since we had been there before and done some other things. This was a great time! We rode a nice bus out to Playa Mia, about 20 minutes from the port. Once at Playa Mia, we met our chef teacher (Lalo) and went to a nicely equipped kitchen class set up. We cooked 3 courses (appetizer, entree, and dessert) and had a great time doing it! An included open bar made it even more fun! After cooking and several margaritas, lunch was ready. We ate our self-prepared meal and then were free to use the facilities as we wished. Beach, pool, bars, were all available. I wish this had been a longer day! 

Hello,

We will be in port from 10am to 8pm on carnival. I want to book this through Playa Mia as its not offered through Carnival.

Can you advise on the following:

1. How much time is left after the class to use the Playa Mia facilities? Would there be time to visit the adjoining chocolate shop and still get beach time? Also piggybacking on this, what time did you get back to port? I'm wondering if this excursion takes all day.

2. Is there a chicken option? My sister does not eat fish.

Thanks for your help!