Travel/ Medical Insurance

RTLS

25 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Looks like you could be correct.  If you have the high deductible Plan F then you have to pay $2250 of the billed before the supp plan pays anything, with the lifetime cap of $50,000  

Very interesting note is Plan F won't be available after January 2020.  If you have it you can keep it but no new participants.  

Apparently not all Plan F's are the same.  There are three states that are different.  

We're better off in our state.  We don't have a high deductible plan F, so we're out only $250 before the insurance kicks in.  We look for the annual medical/evacuation insurance to cover the $250 and the 20% co-pay.

Edited by 1985rz1

On 8/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

For what it’s worth we pay for all travel expenses with Our Chase Sapphire Visa.  In our opinion it does a good job covering travel mishaps, cancellations, trip interruptions.   Then we use Geo Blue to cover emergency medical.

Yes, we use our Chase Sapphire Visa for cancellations, trip interruptions, etc., too. Which GeoBlue policy do you buy for emergency medical? Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Hi, Rumpymuffin.

We had one of the Trekker plans.  I’m not at home to look it up.  I believe it was $250,000 med evac...which was and is our primary reason for GeoBlue.  It covers travel for a year, starting from date of purchase, so it covers multiple trips.  You have to have primary medical insurance.

Joanie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Hi, Rumpymuffin.

We had one of the Trekker plans.  I’m not at home to look it up.  I believe it was $250,000 med evac...which was and is our primary reason for GeoBlue.  It covers travel for a year, starting from date of purchase, so it covers multiple trips.  You have to have primary medical insurance.

Joanie

That's the one we bought also for the year when we had a lot of foreign travel planned it only made sense as the price was very reasonable.  Actually it's not from date of purchase it's from date you pick it to start.  

Thanks, AtSea, for the correction.  You are right.  Makes a difference when the start day occurs since you’ve got a year to maximize it.  We did the same, used it in a year we had a lot of travel.  Our policy lapsed in June, and we are starting again in October for an Italy, Barcelona trip, then using it again next August/September for a trip to Scotland.  I agree that it is reasonable.  We haven’t had to use it yet, thankfully, but the reviews are good.

Joanie

We use GeoBlues annual plan for shorter trips but it won't cover a trip over 70 days.  For those trips we do a single trip Trekker with $250,00 medical and $500,000 evacuation.  We also have an annual policy with MediJet so we are well covered for evacuation. 😉

Until recently we have never gotten trip cancelation or interruption insurance.  We have $10,000 in coverage on our Chase Sapphire Reserve card.  Normally we do a series of back to back cruises so each booking gets the $10,000 coverage.  When we booked the Oceania 2021 WC I did get trip insurance for the first time.