Golden Princess, muster time in Whittier?

Raisinette

Hello,

I'll be on my first Alaska cruise in September, southbound from Whittier, and am trying to organize a get together with friends either before or after the muster drill.  Does anyone currently on the Golden Princess know or remember what time the muster drill occurred?  I'm also trying to decide if we should try to eat dinner before or after the drill...

thanks!

We sailed on Coral Princess in June, muster was 7.45pm before 8.20pm departure (scheduled 8.30pm) from Whittier. We have 2 children so we ate dinner after boarding about 5.15pm, and had started to explore the ship before muster and departure, and then after departure the children wanted a swim in the Lotus pool, so my husband and I took turns in supervising them while taking in the scenery of Prince William Sound - I would not have wanted to be inside, away from windows, through the evening.

I'm not sure unfortunately.  We have any time dining for the first time on this cruise, however I seem to recall reading somewhere that all dining is anytime for the first night here.  However I also recall doing a European cruise (on Princess) with my son a few years ago and being told the first night to come back to the dining room at our assigned (late dining) time.

Hopefully someone else can give a clearer answer!

When we cruised Princess, Diamond not Golden, our departure time was a little late due to some group not able to arrive on times. But dinner was anytime dinner for everybody! Muster was after dinner time. Our group was late as the train took eleven hours to get from Denali! Then another was even later.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the SB on the Royal Princess. We had our muster delayed until about 8pm (maybe a little later), as we left a little late, because the tunnel schedule got off during the day and trains/transfers were late coming through the tunnel. We were supposed to go through the tunnel at 3:30 (or was it 3:45?) and they had the opposite direction coming at the time we were supposed to go through. We went through about 30 minutes later than scheduled. I didn't note the time we actually left-  maybe 30 minutes late. With that said- we went to dinner right at 5pm. All dining rooms were anytime that night (except the Club Class section, which was always club class). The dining room was VERY empty at 5pm. Dinner cut off to sit down was 6:30 (so perhaps it is 6pm on a regular non-delayed departure). No issues sitting as a group, as most tables were open. Hope this helps.