On-Line Request For New Zealand NZeTA Is Now Available

Keith1010

Starting in October of this year people traveling to New Zealand from transit visa waiver countries will now need a NZeTA for New Zealand when arriving by Cruise Ship.

This includes passport holders from USA, Canada and several other countries.

This is a change from the past.  Obtaining the NZeTA is similar to getting an ETA for Australia.  

I signed up for notification as to when the application process would begin (originally targeted for mid-July, then end of July and notification received last night that the

on-line applications can be submitted via the website.  Very shortly an app on an IOS device can be used as well.

This link will take you to the website where you can apply for the NZeTA and where pretty much all of your questions can be answered.  I would suggest reading the information there as it will tell you what is required when arriving by cruise ship, airplane ,etc.  and who needs and is eligible for this and who is not.  

The process is simpler than I had thought when initial information was provided and while it says the turn around time can be up to 72 hours our approval was given in minutes from submission.  i suspect this might vary based on answers to the questions.

To apply you will need information from your passports available and a credit card.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

Keith

On 8/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, Keith1010 said:

Starting in October of this year people traveling to New Zealand from transit visa waiver countries will now need a NZeTA for New Zealand when arriving by Cruise Ship.

This includes passport holders from USA, Canada and several other countries.

This is a change from the past.  Obtaining the NZeTA is similar to getting an ETA for Australia.  

I signed up for notification as to when the application process would begin (originally targeted for mid-July, then end of July and notification received last night that the

on-line applications can be submitted via the website.  Very shortly an app on an IOS device can be used as well.

This link will take you to the website where you can apply for the NZeTA and where pretty much all of your questions can be answered.  I would suggest reading the information there as it will tell you what is required when arriving by cruise ship, airplane ,etc.  and who needs and is eligible for this and who is not.  

The process is simpler than I had thought when initial information was provided and while it says the turn around time can be up to 72 hours our approval was given in minutes from susebmission.  i suspect this might vary based on answers to the questions.

To apply you will need information from your passports available and a credit card.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta

Keith

Thank you so much! Way more knowledgeable than my TA! Does anyone  have any knowledge or opinions about this  part of the application?

It seems like a gotcha the option to understand vs agree.4914DBD6-8889-4AB9-8843-81AB1D0A0046.thumb.png.2fc73e0c4b3b9b0ec8f59731f50ff625.png

4 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Do you need to carry proof that it was approved?  Paper, cellphone record, or does it just attach to your passport number?

Technically no but I did print out a copy of the approval.  I do the same for Australia.

I've never had an issue for Australia nor do I expect one for NZ but I do print it out.

Keith

17 minutes ago, ccarter said:

Thank you so much! Way more knowledgeable than my TA! Does anyone  have any knowledge or opinions about this  part of the application?

It seems like a gotcha the option to understand vs agree.4914DBD6-8889-4AB9-8843-81AB1D0A0046.thumb.png.2fc73e0c4b3b9b0ec8f59731f50ff625.png

I confirmed it.

Keith

We used the app to apply.  We installed it on everyone's phone, since the app seems to only allow one application at a time.

3 of us have been approved already, and mine is showing an error.  I guess I will wait until 72 hours is up to see what happens.

On the issued e-mail, the last line in the what next section reads:

You must apply for entry permission and a visa on arrival in New Zealand.

I thought that is what the NZeTa gave us?

• 1 month later...