easyjet business class

brian1

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

Just someone taking the opportunity to have a photo (for either humor or to start some fake news) in a seat that was blocked from use.

No,it's true,it's in all the UK papers.They did place the passenger there until the plane was boarded and then moved her.But what if the plane was full.I suppose they would kick her off,great.Anyway, why spoil the fun on this otherwise serious board.

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No,it's true,it's in all the UK papers.They did place the passenger there until the plane was boarded and then moved her.But what if the plane was full.I suppose they would kick her off,great.Anyway, why spoil the fun on this otherwise serious board.

I was on an easyJet flight that had to remove two seats from operation because someone in the inbound got sick, two seat cushions got soiled beyond use, and we were at an out-station without any more. The flight was full. Two people had to stay behind. It would be awful to be one of them, but better to inconvenience two people than 150 people.

With the summer holidays in full gear, it's lucky the plane wasn't full because I doubt there's many spare airframes in easyJet's fleet at this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 8:11 AM, Zach1213 said:

I was on an easyJet flight that had to remove two seats from operation because someone in the inbound got sick, two seat cushions got soiled beyond use, and we were at an out-station without any more. The flight was full. Two people had to stay behind. It would be awful to be one of them, but better to inconvenience two people than 150 people.

With the summer holidays in full gear, it's lucky the plane wasn't full because I doubt there's many spare airframes in easyJet's fleet at this time of year.

Don't worry if I were the one left behind EasyJet would be paying me to fly on another airline and all my expenses. If not I would ask for EasyJet to confirm me and not waitlist me for the new flight and  I would tell them that I have a wedding to go to .

One has to speak up when an IRROPs happens and in this situation its not due to weather its due to maintenance(two seats out of order) so I am in the leveraging power to get my ticket endorsed to another airline plus a refund of the unused portion of  the EasyJet trip.    

Yes s-- happens but its not my fault that its an outstation and they have no way to clean the seat and replace the cover. 

Is there some policy of EasyJet that if something like this happens they will move you onto another airline to not delay you further. What if its the only Easy Jet flight of the day  and you have to be in that city in ample time and you allowed more than enough time?   Can you ask the Station Manager to charge a new ticket on their Business Credit Card(you could make up a story that you have no funds to cover this).  How can you avoid your credit card being charged to fly on the same day on another carrier.

Its not my fault that EasyJet has no alliance partners for these emergencies. I think Southwest and Easy Jet should be required to have an interline agreement for Irregular Operations to get customers to their destination on the same day.   

Could you ask Easy Jet to do a Flag Stop whereby one of its planes in the air going to your city lands and picks you up? 

What would you do in this situation if Easy Jet has no other flights to your destination as a result 

Edited by travelplus

12 hours ago, travelplus said:

I think Southwest and Easy Jet should be required to have an interline agreement for Irregular Operations to get customers to their destination on the same day.   

As Southwest does not operate in Europe, and Easyjet does not operate in the US, how exactly would this interlink agreement work? 

13 hours ago, travelplus said:

I would ask for EasyJet to confirm me and not waitlist me for the new flight and  I would tell them that I have a wedding to go to .

Its not my fault that EasyJet has no alliance partners for these emergencies.

So you would ask Easy Jet to kick a confirmed passenger off another flight in order to guarantee that YOU could be confirmed on it?  What if you were booked on a flight and they said "oh sorry, someone had to be reconfirmed on to THIS flight so we are kicking YOU off?"   Sorry, it just doesn't work that way because that just creates a domino effect. 

It may not be your fault that Easy Jet has no alliance partners but it is entirely within your control if you book them under those circumstances.

23 hours ago, travelplus said:

Its not my fault that EasyJet has no alliance partners for these emergencies. I think Southwest and Easy Jet should be required to have an interline agreement for Irregular Operations to get customers to their destination on the same day.   

One problem with this is that the LCC (Low Cost Carriers) often fly to smaller airports so an interline agreement may not work because noone else has any flights from that airport to the same destinations.

4 hours ago, travelplus said:

I understand all points brought up to my post however it would be nice to have this information for the passenger who would assume being put on a codeshare or other means  during the booking process.   

Thoughts?

Why would anyone assume that they would be put on a codeshare if something happen with the booked flight? People why know about "codeshare" should also know that some kind of allience is needed for that. If they book an airline not in allience with other companies they can't be put on a codeshare because there is noone to codeshare with!

My thought is to book a flight flying from a bigger airport, with a company which is part of an allience and fly as early as possible to avoid problem if your flight is late or cancelled.     

8 hours ago, travelplus said:

I understand all points brought up to my post however it would be nice to have this information for the passenger who would assume being put on a codeshare or other means  during the booking process.   

Thoughts?

Surely you know that when you book with a loco, there will not be a code share. Indeed, as has been stated above, in many cases there will not be another airline to codeshare with!

Alliance or not,they are still obliged to find an AVAILABLE seat on another airline and pay for it.If it's at the hub across town,they will have to pay for a taxi also.Thems the rules,but if they adhere to them is another question.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Alliance or not,they are still obliged to find an AVAILABLE seat on another airline and pay for it.If it's at the hub across town,they will have to pay for a taxi also.Thems the rules,but if they adhere to them is another question.

I'm not an expert but it defenitely depends on why their own flight is cancelled. They may not have to do anything else than pay back the money for the ticket.

17 hours ago, brian1 said:

But if they are the only airline flying that route, with no alternatives,  you just have to wait until seats are available. And most island locations don't have multiple airports that you can get a taxi to.

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But if they are the only airline flying that route, with no alternatives,  you just have to wait until seats are available. And most island locations don't have multiple airports that you can get a taxi to.

As I said in my post above,I am only talking about Easyjet and the EU.Islands like Majorca etc, the airport would be the main one,so other airlines would fly in and out.Otherwise as you and I said,the passenger would have to wait for available seats,but with compensation and hotel expenses in place.

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

I'm only talking about Easyjet in the EU and the circumstances revolving around my OP.

You said that your thread was "yokey" and since we don't really know the circumstances around the picture in your OP we can only guess and we can't really assume anything.

What we do know for sure is that sometimes the airline only have to pay back the money for the planeticket and sometimes they have to pay more.