'Back Home Clean' laundry package - how does it work

claiream3

Hi, never done a laundry package on a cruise before. I'm mainly interested in this service for ironing clean items in advance of wearing them after unpacking at the start of the cruise. The wording is below - they key word to query being "last". I ask: does this mean all 20 items have to go towards the end of the cruise or can I send 4 items on 5 separate occasions for example, during my week-long cruise?

"Max 20 items per cabin.Ideal for a seven-day cruise. This service enables you and the other occupants of your cabin to have your garments washed and ironed at any time during the cruise or even all together on the last day of cruise".

Any insight is appreciated - sailing Bellissima next month.

Claire

5 minutes ago, claiream3 said:

Hi, never done a laundry package on a cruise before. I'm mainly interested in this service for ironing clean items in advance of wearing them after unpacking at the start of the cruise. The wording is below - they key word to query being "last". I ask: does this mean all 20 items have to go towards the end of the cruise or can I send 4 items on 5 separate occasions for example, during my week-long cruise?

"Max 20 items per cabin.Ideal for a seven-day cruise. This service enables you and the other occupants of your cabin to have your garments washed and ironed at any time during the cruise or even all together on the last day of cruise".

Any insight is appreciated - sailing Bellissima next month.

Claire

I haven't used the service either, but from reading here, there is fine print stating it has to be done all at one time, so no sending out a few things over a number of times.

Interesting enough, I checked my 'add ons' for an upcoming cruise, and my Back Home Clean 20 Pieces states:

THIS SERVICE ENABLES YOU AND THE OTHER OCCUPANTS OF YOUR CABIN TO HAVE YOUR GARMENTS WASHED AND FOLDED(MAX 20 ITEMS PER CABIN). ITEM ALLOWANCE MUST BE USED ALL TOGETHER IN A SINGLE DELIVERY. MULTIPLE DELIVERIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. ITEMS ARE COLLECTED BEFORE 12.00PM, RETURNED BEFORE DINNER THE NEXT DAY. REFUND NOT AVAILABLE FOR UNUSED ITEM ALLOWANCE. PLEASE NOTE THAT DRY CLEANING IS EXCLUDED.

No mention of 'ironed'. I wonder if this is another one of those 'regional' options(UK website vs Canadian vs US website)?  I had planned to take linen so would want 'ironed'.

• Like 1

yes, interesting - the first thing I did was check your location. If they all have to go at the same time that's no problem - I'd rather know if they can go early on in the cruise, if anybody knows?

Thanks for your reply

10 minutes ago, claiream3 said:

yes, interesting - the first thing I did was check your location. If they all have to go at the same time that's no problem - I'd rather know if they can go early on in the cruise, if anybody knows?

Thanks for your reply

Seems, yes, they can go anytime.  You will note there is no mention of 'last day' on the wording for my option.  No one here discussing laundry has said it has to be last night only.  I understand the name and wording is confusing, but it is a little illogical to only offer these titled packages and only last night. I think it is just a gimmick because some people don't want to do laundry when they go home.  

Hopefully someone will confirm, however.

Here is the wording from my cruise ticket, for Divina TA, November 2019.

LAU040N - BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES: This service enables you and the other occupants
of your cabin to have your garments washed and folded (max 40 items per cabin).
Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not
accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund
not available for unused item allowance.
Please note : that dry cleaning is excluded, and that silk, wool, men's suits and evening dress
are excluded from the final day of the cruise option as they require special treatment.

I note a small contradiction between "Multiple deliveries are not accepted" and "Refund not available for unused item allowance".

I have read on other posts that partial deliveries were attempted and worked out.  However, the person writing was in YC.

Here is the wording for my cruise on Seaview later this month

Ideal for a seven-day cruise. 
This service enables you and the other occupants of your cabin to have your garments washed and ironed at any time during the cruise or even all together on the last day of cruise.

2 minutes ago, Salazar said:

This service enables you and the other occupants of your cabin to have your garments washed and ironed at any time during the cruise or even all together on the last day of cruise.

So, Salazar, for interest's sake, what country are you booking from? As yours mentions ironing and mine doesn't. 

I used this service in the Yacht Club on Fantasia Med cruise Oct 2018 - we broke it up over several requests during the week. Our Butler always hung everything back in our closet for us when ready - would do it again on any MSC cruise.

6 minutes ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

Anyone have pricing for this service? Thanks!

It'll be on your booking under additions - 'Other services' and is a variety of options depending on # of garments.  You might be able to do an al a carte option.  use the search option here. someone posted a laundry sheet in the past 5 months.

Just checked my booking upgrades page.  The prices for the laundry packages for our sailing (Divina TA, 21 nights, November 2019) are:

10 pieces - 26.50$ USD

20 pieces - 41$

40 pieces - 53$

I don’t know if prices vary based on different destinations or ships.

Hi everyone

We have used the service twice firstly on Preziosa in the Caribbean we had the 20 item package and then the 40 item deal on a 28 night Splendida -- it was £37.00 for the 40 items  

Have also booked the 20 item for Meraviglia in October sorry I cant remember what we paid for it.

We do write "cool wash" on the instructions and have not had a problem sending out 5 or 6 items at a time no problems with service they do ask if you want it on hangers or folded on the ticket

You will find laundry under Other services" if you log in to your booking

Edited by emmas gran
addition

Got you all beat.  I can have both on my October cruise in the Med.

Oh wait...  That's confusing, isn't it?

image.thumb.png.d2729edc878496122411c50fc75f6397.png

BTW, on Seaside in Caribbean last year we were able to send out laundry through out the week.  Our butler even reminded us about "last call" for laundry on the last full day of cruise.

Edited by Selion

47 minutes ago, Selion said:

Got you all beat.  I can have both on my October cruise in the Med.

Oh wait...  That's confusing, isn't it?

image.thumb.png.d2729edc878496122411c50fc75f6397.png

BTW, on Seaside in Caribbean last year we were able to send out laundry through out the week.  Our butler even reminded us about "last call" for laundry on the last full day of cruise.

Very, can't quite make that all out. Why is one package $5 more than the other as well?

We had the 20 package last December on Seaside and although the CS desk said we had to use it all in one go we knew from this board that this wasn't the case. We used it 3 times

2 minutes ago, stoneman56 said:

Very, can't quite make that all out. Why is one package $5 more than the other as well?

The $48 one says we can send laundry through out the cruise.

The $53 one says we need to send everything at once and any unused items are not refunded.

Go figure...

Just now, Selion said:

The $48 one says we can send laundry through out the cruise.

The $53 one says we need to send everything at once and any unused items are not refunded.

Go figure...

Yeah I meant to put that in, the better offer is less money (scratch head emoji )

Just occurred to me.  This is MSC.  Could the different laundry packages be offered to different experiences?  Say YC v. non-YC.

We were in YC on Seaside last year and will be in YC in the Med this October.

If they can keep track of the number of items one may send with the stateroom laundry bag, that is available to all and any time but at a cost, why can they keep a tab on guests who have a package?

If I have a 40-piece package, and exceed it, who will react?  Who is counting?

There.  MSC wants us to send in 1 shot.  What if I get a 40 and send 50?  Pretty there will be a charge.  But the contract does not state what happens if you do not send all your pieces at once; in my jurisdiction, any other charges may be illegal. 

13 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

If they can keep track of the number of items one may send with the stateroom laundry bag, that is available to all and any time but at a cost, why can they keep a tab on guests who have a package?

If I have a 40-piece package, and exceed it, who will react?  Who is counting?

There.  MSC wants us to send in 1 shot.  What if I get a 40 and send 50?  Pretty there will be a charge.  But the contract does not state what happens if you do not send all your pieces at once; in my jurisdiction, any other charges may be illegal. 

In March our butler counted and told us we had four pieces to go which we knew.  In June we had like eight and butler made no mention.  Guessing someone would say something if way over limit.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:32 AM, Salazar said:

Mine said that too on Armonia last week we were Fantastica. We used it on different days. $30 for 20-items, I believe.