QM2 NYC to Southampton April 25 2020

Eric79DAM

Ahh... No! I join her for her return voyage to NY on the 6th May after she drops you, then goes to Hamburg and back. 

Hope you have a wonderful time though... QM2 across the Atlantic is my happy place 🙂

7 hours ago, T5LHR said:

Ahh... No! I join her for her return voyage to NY on the 6th May after she drops you, then goes to Hamburg and back. 

Hope you have a wonderful time though... QM2 across the Atlantic is my happy place 🙂

ohh...... that's a bummer 😑  but I think we will enjoy QM2 so much that there will be many more occasions in a near future. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eric79DAM said:

ohh...... that's a bummer 😑  but I think we will enjoy QM2 so much that there will be many more occasions in a near future. 

Is it your first time on the QM2? 

I have been onboard several times, so feel free to ask any questions 🙂

On 8/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, T5LHR said:

Yes first time on her can’t wait to cross the Atlantic 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric79DAM said:

Yes first time on her can’t wait to cross the Atlantic 

I have done it a few times now, and am doing back to back on my next on in May... Can't wait to be onboard again and in the open ocean! 

On 8/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, T5LHR said:

How far in advance do you usually book your cruise on Cunard ? Balconies and above sell quite fast if I am not mistaken on Cunard ? Have you sailed on the 2 other Queens or only QM2 ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eric79DAM said:

How far in advance do you usually book your cruise on Cunard ? Balconies and above sell quite fast if I am not mistaken on Cunard ? Have you sailed on the 2 other Queens or only QM2 ?

I have booked anything from 18 months to 3 months before sailing, just depends on the situation and my work schedule. My next crossing I booked 14 months out, and there was limited availability in the cabin grade I wanted, which is sheltered balcony on deck 5. 

Yes, they appear to sell quickly, however, I have also been upgraded to a balcony twice, so I don't think they always sell as quickly as others, talking about balconies here. However, on my back to back in May, QG is sold out both ways and as a whole voyage already, so there are obviously some crossings where it does happen. 

I am afraid I am a Mary through and through. Not been on the Victoria or Elizabeth yet. I am not sure I am a cruise sort of person really. I like the feeling of being away from the world on a crossing, and being "cut off" for a week... Don't really like the idea of getting on and off ship etc. but also never really looked at many of the itineraries, so maybe I will find one some day that will appeal... Other than a word cruise that is... 😄 

Have you booked balcony for your crossing? 

Who else have you sailed with? 

1 hour ago, T5LHR said:

I have booked anything from 18 months to 3 months before sailing, just depends on the situation and my work schedule. My next crossing I booked 14 months out, and there was limited availability in the cabin grade I wanted, which is sheltered balcony on deck 5. 

Yes, they appear to sell quickly, however, I have also been upgraded to a balcony twice, so I don't think they always sell as quickly as others, talking about balconies here. However, on my back to back in May, QG is sold out both ways and as a whole voyage already, so there are obviously some crossings where it does happen. 

I am afraid I am a Mary through and through. Not been on the Victoria or Elizabeth yet. I am not sure I am a cruise sort of person really. I like the feeling of being away from the world on a crossing, and being "cut off" for a week... Don't really like the idea of getting on and off ship etc. but also never really looked at many of the itineraries, so maybe I will find one some day that will appeal... Other than a word cruise that is... 😄 

Have you booked balcony for your crossing? 

Who else have you sailed with? 

For the QM2 crossing we are also booked in a sheltered balcony because I wanted to see the waves from this very specific angle. We usually book balcony or higher. So Far we have sailed on Celebrity Summit from San Juan on a 7 day cruise which was fun  and last march we tried  MSC Preziosa  from Martinique but I don't think we will ever sail on MSC again to be quite frank. Food was terrible and we are foodies. That said, the crew was fantastic, the itinerary was lovely Dominica and St Vincent & Grenadines were the highlight of this cruise.

September 2019 HAL from Anchorage to Vancouver  7nt and from Vancouver to San Diego 6nt

February 2020 HAL again from FLL around the Eastern Caribbean and Key West. 

April 2020 on QM2 NYC to Southampton and HAL from AMS around the Fjords back to YUL via LHR T5 thanks BA 😉 we love the flag!

still looking for a voyage between Sep-dec 2020 and Jan-April 2021 😂

I am very tempted with a QM2 voyage from Southampton to Cape Town which has lots of sea days to unwind and relax. 

My gosh! You do like to keep busy! 🙂

I would love to do something like the Southampton to Cape Town voyage, but doubt I would be able to afford it even if I could get the time off! Single occupancy really adds to the price 😕 

I think you will like the sheltered balcony state rooms on QM2, the size of the balcony area really adds to the feeling of space, and I used mine a lot, even on the January crossing I did a few years ago. A heck of a lot more than the normal glass balcony I had on another crossing. Felt nice and secluded and, as the name would suggest, sheltered that I felt very happy being out there even when it was blowing a gale. Nice cup of tea and a sit outside in the cool air, perfect! 

I love walking around the deck of the QM2 at night, after dinner, nothing but black night all around and the sound of the ocean rushing past... Love love love it! 

Glad you are flying the flag home after the Europe sailing... Although I don't work for them any more, I do still fly them too and from work and collect Avios to redeem for holidays etc... 🙂

Do you work in travel? To get the time to do all these trips? 

T5

🙂

On 8/19/2019 at 3:24 AM, T5LHR said:

My gosh! You do like to keep busy! 🙂

I would love to do something like the Southampton to Cape Town voyage, but doubt I would be able to afford it even if I could get the time off! Single occupancy really adds to the price 😕 

I think you will like the sheltered balcony state rooms on QM2, the size of the balcony area really adds to the feeling of space, and I used mine a lot, even on the January crossing I did a few years ago. A heck of a lot more than the normal glass balcony I had on another crossing. Felt nice and secluded and, as the name would suggest, sheltered that I felt very happy being out there even when it was blowing a gale. Nice cup of tea and a sit outside in the cool air, perfect! 

I love walking around the deck of the QM2 at night, after dinner, nothing but black night all around and the sound of the ocean rushing past... Love love love it! 

Glad you are flying the flag home after the Europe sailing... Although I don't work for them any more, I do still fly them too and from work and collect Avios to redeem for holidays etc... 🙂

Do you work in travel? To get the time to do all these trips? 

T5

🙂

Oh I hear you single supplement can be quite brutal. We thought the sheltered balconies felt a little bit more wind protected, we shall see in April.  I do hope we will be able to walk around the deck at night too ...

Many many many years ago I worked as a cabin crew,  but 9-11 came... , longer working hours with shorter layovers,  numerous layoffs during low season. Sick and tired of greedy passengers, expecting Concorde service on a Ryanair airfare 😵 I resigned after 6 years, I've had enough. Now I work as a civil servant for the city of Montreal, more money, more holidays, more everything and more cruises 🤣

Hi, guys! Hopping on board in Hamburg on May 4th, 2020 - going to Southampton (May 6th) and then setting sails toward NYC. So we're going to join the "Dorothy's Friends Meeting" in the Commodore Club, I guess? Do they still have it? It has been a while since I last sailed with one of the Queens. Have been on Elizabeth and Victoria, too, but QM2 is absolutely unique. Some say, due to the "carnivalization" Cunard isn't what it used to be. Don't know - to me she is still a very special ocean liner.

My last TA on QM2 was in 2014 - Gee - and every afternoon about 50 guys were there joining the LGBT event, up to 98 years old. I bumped into a guy I knew from several gay chorus events in Germany, Amsterdam, USA. How small the world is.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, cruisegermany said:

Hi, guys! Hopping on board in Hamburg on May 4th, 2020 - going to Southampton (May 6th) and then setting sails toward NYC. So we're going to join the "Dorothy's Friends Meeting" in the Commodore Club, I guess? Do they still have it? It has been a while since I last sailed with one of the Queens. Have been on Elizabeth and Victoria, too, but QM2 is absolutely unique. Some say, due to the "carnivalization" Cunard isn't what it used to be. Don't know - to me she is still a very special ocean liner.

My last TA on QM2 was in 2014 - Gee - and every afternoon about 50 guys were there joining the LGBT event, up to 98 years old. I bumped into a guy I knew from several gay chorus events in Germany, Amsterdam, USA. How small the world is.

Hi CruiseGermany, this is our very first Cunard cruise we will see if we like it or not, hopefully we do, because I do fancy some of their itineraries on the QM2. By the time you board, we will be sailing on Nieuw Statendam to the Norwegian fjords and Oslo. I wish you a fun sailing.