Cabin Charge for a single person-Need advice

Diggerof4

I am trying to arrange a cruise for several couples, we do have 1 single person coming with us.  I thought I read somewhere, that a single person in a cabin by themselves cost more. 

Can anyone guide me to a link, website or forum with this info?   Wasn't sure where to ask this question.  Thank you in advance. 

If you are talking about cost per person, then yes it costs more for a single person on many but not all cruises.  The cost per cabin is slightly less than the cost for 2 in a cabin.  You save the taxes, port charges and tips for one person.  Depending on the cruise and cruise line, the single supplement ranges from 0% to 100%.  At 0%, you only pay the single fare for the cabin.  At 100%, you pay double fare less the tips, port fees and taxes.

Is this what you were asking?

NSnJW thank you.  She will be by herself and I thought most cruise lines (we will be going on Carnival) charges the same rate as if two people were in the cabin or close to the same rate. Completely forgot about taxes, port charges, thank you.  I just want to show her what she may have to pay. She did tell if me, if it is to much she might bring someone. Sounds like a call will need to be made to Carnival.  Thought I would try here first to a list of questions when I call them.  

Carnival usually charges 100% single supplement.  But it never hurts to check.  

One of the reasons I like NCL better than Carnival is that they have lower single supplements more often.  Of course, sometimes Carnival drops the fare for two low enough to be kinda cheap for one.

What cruise line? Has solo cruiser I've only sailed on Carnival. Carnival sells by the cabin double occupancy. So if the cabin is $1000 and with two people it's $500 each, solo or single of course it's a grand. Norwegian, Holland America and RCI offer single fares. Norwegian has studio cabins targeted at and priced for solo cruises. Good Luck, enjoy your cruise.

It's called a solo supplement.  Some cruise lines will offer double-occupancy cabins with no supplement on some sailings (Norwegian does this, others may as well).  In addition, Norwegian, MSC and Royal Caribbean offer single-occupancy cabins on some ships, generally at more than the per-person cost for 2 in a double cabin but less than a single in a double cabin with the solo supplement.