Solstice LIVE: Alaska Honeymoon Cruise Aug 9th-16th 2019

GenerationX

Oh goodness....I'm so sad that you're back on land but I had such a great time on your trip! Thanks for taking us along!

Wishing you many more years of fabulous adventures together...I agree with micheleg that you should do a transatlantic and panama canal.....the best! It'll be hard to go back to a 7 day cruise after that....LOL

Enjoy the rest of your time in Seattle.

12 hours ago, micheleg said:

Just 7 days until we board the Solstice.  GenX's posts have been so wonderful, we are even more excited about our upcoming cruise than ever!  I hope the weather gods shine down on us as they did GenX.  Now I know that when the ship's horn blows, it's not just for leaving a port, but thar's whales out there to awe at.  🙂 

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon and Alaska with us.  Can't wait to hear about Seattle as well.  We're spending two days there post cruise too!  Not only do you have to do a B2B, but you must experience a Transatlantic or a full Panama Canal crossing.  Both worth saving vacation days for.

Many happy years of cruising and love!  Congrats again!

Michele

We have 14 days until we board for this cruise!  Agree that this has made it even more exciting and anticipated.

GenX, I knew from your first post that this would be fabulous to read, and it hasn't disappointed.  I'm glad it's not quite over...

I hope your Pike Place dinner was at Matt's, but I'm eager to hear about it in any case.  (And THANK YOU for getting the name correct - "Pike Place"!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, GenerationX said:

A report on our stateroom:  we are in aqua class cabin 1511.  It’s underneath one of the  group workout rooms of the gym but we haven’t heard too much noise from above thus far.  We’re also just steps from a staircase that goes to straight to the spa’s relaxation lounge (which we have free access to as part of our aqua class perks).  With 2 people in the room I am definitely feeling the downgrade in storage space from sky suites but we’re making it work.  From our balcony we actually have a great view into part of the bridge.

Our stateroom attendant is Peter and he’s been very polite and helpful.  Our complimentary bottle of “champagne” was in the mini bar fridge when we arrived, but we usually save it until the last morning to make mimosas and drown our sorrows at having to go back to real life.  I noticed this time it’s not the celebrity brand.  I forgot to take a picture of the label but will do it later. 

So so far the WiFi service has been really good as well.  Speed is WAY better than it was on Infinity in December and it doesn’t keep kicking me off every 10 minutes like on Equinox in March.

We we just finished an eggs Benedict breakfast in Blu.  The infusion of protein, carbs and ice cold water was much needed. I’m fairly confident that this morning in the gym my sweat smelled like rum.

I’m currently having a coffee and another cold, nectar of the gods, Evian at al Bacio before our cruise critic gathering.

I’m not even hungry after breakfast but still having to talk myself out of having a Nutella croissant.

Room, breakfast, Blu and the demon pastry case pics below!

4098686A-9EB7-40AA-82CC-AE3EF0332FC0.jpeg

2DFC0E8B-0B54-4BC6-8F91-E7CD0FE24EE5.jpeg

378759C6-873E-4E9B-8C1B-F9087651C9B2.jpeg

B3ED7E74-693E-4B87-A503-CE2E578A054D.jpeg

12AFCD19-80CB-42E2-96CB-2DB35ABCA0B6.jpeg

B496939E-6B06-44A7-B91E-3B081F3A463E.jpeg

6E0648C7-6A60-4636-982F-199CE7D5373F.jpeg

4F7D7ABD-5E85-4272-97A8-24ABF94AEA35.jpeg

D35EB44D-BC0F-4968-8D09-66A010CBBBF0.jpeg

95ECDB51-D9BA-47BB-8E9D-B8DF83B2CE52.jpeg

Loved your description of your cruise.  I have a question for you: you mentioned being close to the steps leading to the Spa's relaxation lounge - were you referring to the Persian Garden, or a 'relaxation lounge'?  I am going to be on the Solstice next spring and thought I heard about a relaxation lounge (or maybe a secluded spa treatment waiting area) and wondered if that was what you were talking about.  Any in would be appreciated.